Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-28-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
questionably. It should belong to Handango, but I guess it is his design. But what not call it Fade, and whats with 1112?
Maybe he has the rights to the characters and story just not the name otherwise you may see Handango come after him and shut this game down since it seems they are still around and sell Fade for $30 on their website.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:22 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Ok, the dev just wrote me and said that they didn't mention the old game because he didn't want people to know the storyline. Makes senses.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:25 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post
Ok, the dev just wrote me and said that they didn't mention the old game because he didn't want people to know the storyline. Makes senses.
Well, yea. But i see both sides. A lot of people liked Fade, appearently. But he lost that comparison here. Its out now, before he didn't find the Fade lovers. I'm not one, but I would compare it in the description, to help people find it.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
That still seems a little fishy as it seems like he is trying to fly under the radar so Handango does not find out he ported Fade to the iPhone under a new name.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen View Post
Looks like Alexandre Leboucher's secret about this game has been found out. Seems kind of funny with all the people saying how original this is rather than some port yet this is a port/remake as well. This line for the Wiki link seems like the topics from a few days ago.

"The game was originally created in French, and was translated into English. This has resulted in some lines sounding rather awkward, and French remains in some parts of the game's dialogue. However, this has not posed a problem for many players."

Guess they just used the same translator or original translations from Fade.
Quote:
Looks like the dev was outright lying.
Holy crap... o_O
Old 11-28-2008, 06:36 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via MSN to aghartastudio

wow it's getting out of hands

I made fade like 7 years ago, its sells a few copy on an obscure market, but was very well received by critics, but it was hobby like, I always dreamt to remake the game from scratch with everything i ever dreamt of: 1112 is the result, the "pattern" of the story will stay similar but everything else will be (is) tottally different

so it's not a "port" but a totally rewritten game from scratch, all the things to do and riddles and such are completely different. there are as many difference in the game than there are in the graphics; )

this is a very personal project I wanted the mass to give a try.

The reason I tried to not advertise about the old game (I should have since all reviews are excellent form 9/10 to perfect tens) is quite obvious: Don't spoil the storyline

For the original game and such I think it's still apply , the gameplay and way of doing things are totally iphone oriented, this is the machine I always wanted to dev with, and now there is a market to make it worthwhile...

Another dream would have been to make yet another version of the game for 360/PS3/PC where you play it like a FPS but with no weapons , extreme scripting with tons of things to do (like shenmue meet 1112)
but my dev team is too small right now: )

Please don't call me a liar yet, (I've just been called an asshole a few post ago !! ; )) I'm trying my best to make the game I always wanted to dev.

Positive things about this thought is that you now the story will be good (some guys even made a Wikipedia page about the game !?! )

So please keep you interest high and try not to read the full story somewhere; ) (Still most of it will change so it does'nt matter so much anyway)

Just for the record : There are as many texts in 1112 ep01 than there are in the whole fade game
Old 11-28-2008, 06:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion

Well, it's not as big a deal as I thought. At first, after reading a few posts, I thought you remade a game that someone else created. I guess you made both games, so that doesn't bug me too much :P

If the text is the same as in Fade, you shouldn't have needed a translator then, right (for 1112)? Are you still planning on fixing all the typos/errors...?
Old 11-28-2008, 06:44 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via MSN to aghartastudio

handango stuff:
handongo doesn't have any right on the old game, this has nothing to do with them. (still I sells 1 fade every two month ,just so you see the differences between the ppc market and Iphone market )
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post
Well, it's not as big a deal as I thought. At first, after reading a few posts, I thought you remade a game that someone else created. I guess you made both games, so that doesn't bug me too much :P
I don't really care if its a remake or a port, that's not gonna make the game less awesome but I still don't like being lied to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghartastudio View Post

Please don't call me a liar yet, (I've just been called an asshole a few post ago !! ; ))
That all sounds a genuine enough reason. But for the life of me, I can't see where someone has called you an asshole. Who said that?