★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

THOR: Son of Asgard by Marvel Entertainment -> FREE

09-04-2012, 02:01 PM
THOR: Son of Asgard by Marvel Entertainment -> FREE

Game Center: sink_or_swim
09-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the heads up!

09-04-2012, 02:35 PM
This is a nice surprise. Thanks, Sink!
09-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Looking back and the original thread, didn't seem like there were great impressions of the game. Is it worth making space for?
09-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Bought it, played it, finished it, deleted it.

A very shallow God of War clone. Nothing special, lots of visual bugs, and it gets boring fast for lack of variety. The only thing that kept me going til i finished is that it's Thor.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Looking back and the original thread, didn't seem like there were great impressions of the game. Is it worth making space for?
377 mb, well, good question. I downloaded it for my new ipad, and the graphics look pretty good, it is a little clunky feels like a computer game, and framerate seems kind of low.

It is a hack and slash game, so can get a little boring, but the backgrounds and goals change a lot so that is good. The intro is cool, and overall I would say it is an ok game, but probably not one that would stay on your system for too long.

Definitly worth a download to try, just wish it was a little polished cause it has a lot of potential. Really feels like a computer not an arcade game which it should be.

Recommended.
09-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post

A very shallow God of War clone. Nothing special, lots of visual bugs, and it gets boring fast for lack of variety. The only thing that kept me going til i finished is that it's Thor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
377 mb, well, good question. I downloaded it for my new ipad, and the graphics look pretty good, it is a little clunky feels like a computer game, and framerate seems kind of low.

It is a hack and slash game, so can get a little boring, but the backgrounds and goals change a lot so that is good. The intro is cool, and overall I would say it is an ok game, but probably not one that would stay on your system for too long.

Definitly worth a download to try, just wish it was a little polished cause it has a lot of potential. Really feels like a computer not an arcade game which it should be.

Recommended.
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like this is something I may just download to my PC and let lie and wait until a day when I'm bored enough with the games I already am playing (which, with a decent backlog already, may be never).
09-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like this is something I may just download to my PC and let lie and wait until a day when I'm bored enough with the games I already am playing (which, with a decent backlog already, may be never).
That is a good thing to do. I've been playing now for about an hour, pretty fun, hopefully I will finish the game so I can save the disk space soon. Good one day game for sure. Just wish it was a little more polished, it could have been a really good game.
09-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post

Absolutely agree with this. Expect it's gets boring VERY fast.

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
09-04-2012, 05:46 PM

Hard to say if the Game was once worth the Price Tag. But since it`s currently Free there is nothing that speaks against it I would say.