★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: VOYAGER - a game crafted from wool.

09-04-2012, 02:06 PM
VOYAGER - a game crafted from wool.

Hi all!

I am very happy to announce the release of my game VOYAGER.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Get it here on the App Store!

VOYAGER is a new game for iPhone and iPad, and is 100% hand-crafted using needle-felted wool and stop-motion animated.

You feel as though you are floating through a dream.

Zoom through space! Avoid planes, satellites, asteroids, planets and unexpected creatures lurking in the darkest depths of this galaxy and beyond. Tilt to control. Press and hold the screen to slow down time to help get yourself through even the trickiest of asteroid belts.

VOYAGER on the App Store.
09-04-2012, 04:50 PM

09-04-2012, 05:53 PM
My initial impressions after playing some:

The animation offers one of the most unique looks on the market today. The stop-action wool gaming environment is absolutely incredible. The simplistic tilt mechanic which allows players to slide offscreen and rejoin the action on the opposite side is a creative use of screen real estate.

As a suggestion to spice things up a bit, I would like to see a variety of power-ups become available as players progress through the levels. From what I've experienced so far, the mechanic is tilt and dodge with the functionality to temporarily slow down time serving as a helpful tool. But, more power-ups to blast the more aggressive onscreen elements, as an example, would make for more interesting gameplay. As it stands, this game is filled with luscious eye-candy that truly shows it to be a labor of love. However, its simplistic gameplay, while offering the younger kiddos some extended play, for the older audience, only serves as a minor diversion from the day's activities with little to keep one engaged for longer periods of time.

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 09-05-2012 at 09:28 AM.
09-05-2012, 08:50 AM

Thanks for the feedback! Power ups/variations are things I definitely thought about. It's something I will be continuing to think about. I'm glad you enjoyed the look of the game as well!
09-05-2012, 11:31 AM
nice design direction

Looks like you opted for a very unique design style. Well done. The stop-motion jumpy feel is not exactly what people look for, but in this case I think it is well suited. Congrats. Hope you do well.

09-06-2012, 08:25 AM
Thanks toxiccheese, & thanks for checking it out!
09-08-2012, 09:51 PM
This game looks awesome! Any chance for a soundtrack release?! Love the music.