Support our Sponsors:
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #101  
Old 09-21-2012, 08:54 PM
Rip73 Rip73 is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
As for the "graphics are too good to be true" arguement, honestly this doesn't look amazingly better than NOVA 3. Poly count looks a little better, the only real advances are the lighting. I'd buy that running on an a5 device.
That's kinda different to your last post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
The poly count on that gun is sky high better than those of mc3.
Realtime shadows and dynamic lighting are HUGE graphical advances.
The lighting overall just looks superior
  #102  
Old 09-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Rip73 Rip73 is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisha11230 View Post
tokyo game show is a pretty big deal (in tokyo that is) and this year they featured smartphones and tablets,

and here are 2 more sources
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs...22_561583.html
http://app.famitsu.com/20120921_94058/

hers a quote from the first source (Translated from japanese)
Tokyo show is a massive showcase. I understand that. I have just seem no recognisable source to this as yet. And I don't speak Japanese.
I can't understand why not other site or outlet has picked up on it other than the two Japanese language ones.

On seeing the higher quality shots, there is strong indicators of Gameloft type of artwork visible more clearly and no Battlefield type of artwork.
So I might have to reassess my previous stance.
I still do have a big question mark over the vehicles but the other soldier in the last picture has a definite Modern Combat look to the character.
And the scenes do look more like high end mobile than console on the higher quality shots. The images in the low res shots looked like they could just be very generic but the clearer shots do seem to paint a clearer picture (pun intended).
If this is the actual announcement, it still surprises me in relation to timing and that nothing has come out of Gameloft directly (by directly I mean European headquarters or Montreal studio). It breaks all of Gamelofts previous announcement and lead in marketing procedures.

But then again, it does look like Gameloft artwork and assets. Have to wait and see I suppose.
My first sight of them came to the wrong conclusion by the looks of it.

Last edited by Rip73; 09-21-2012 at 09:10 PM..
  #103  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:04 PM
elisha11230 elisha11230 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
Tokyo show is a massive showcase. I can't understand why not other site or outlet has picked up on it other than the two Japanese language ones.

Plus on seeing the higher quality shots, there is strong indicators of Gameloft artwork present.
I think the reason is because it only happened yesterday and it was a very small feature, 4 screenshots and a statement, and it hasnt been officially announced by gameloft.

If i remember correctly they did the same thing with mc3, released screenshots to some annonymous website.
  #104  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:06 PM
JBRUU JBRUU is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
That's kinda different to your last post
I stand corrected.

Though to be fair I meant overall quality, I really see this being marginally better in all departments except lighting, which is excellent for an iOS title. That's what I meant to say, or that's what I'm saying to answer your rather embarrassing point.

Last edited by JBRUU; 09-21-2012 at 09:13 PM..
  #105  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:15 PM
JBRUU JBRUU is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
Tokyo show is a massive showcase. I understand that. I have just seem no recognisable source to this as yet. And I don't speak Japanese.
I can't understand why not other site or outlet has picked up on it other than the two Japanese language ones.

On seeing the higher quality shots, there is strong indicators of Gameloft type of artwork visible more clearly and no Battlefield type of artwork.
So I might have to reassess my previous stance.
I still do have a big question mark over the vehicles but the other soldier in the last picture has a definite Modern Combat look to the character.
And the scenes do look more like high end mobile than console on the higher quality shots. The images in the low res shots looked like they could just be very generic but the clearer shots do seem to paint a clearer picture (pun intended).
If this is the actual announcement, it still surprises me in relation to timing and that nothing has come out of Gameloft directly (by directly I mean European headquarters or Montreal studio). It breaks all of Gamelofts previous announcement and lead in marketing procedures.

But then again, it does look like Gameloft artwork and assets. Have to wait and see I suppose.
My first sight of them came to the wrong conclusion by the looks of it.
The NPC soldier does have a very MC look to him.

If these are legit screens then I'm willing to bet that this is GL's in house engine. That doesn't look anything like any UE3 I've seen for iOS.
  #106  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:16 PM
Rip73 Rip73 is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
I stand corrected.

Though to be fair I meant overall quality, I really see this being marginally better in all departments except lighting, which is excellent for an iOS title. That's what I meant to say, or that's what I'm saying to answer your rather embarrassing point.
Ah, I knew some day I would eventually catch ya.
I'm shadow high fiving right now. (Insert appropriate smiley face)

In seriousness though, the low res pics caught me out as well. So I have to duck and hide from that one as well.
It is still not what I was expecting just yet. I hadn't expected any screenshots till mid October. (That's not to say I've seen any others now)
Those vehicles, helicopters in particular, still have me confused though.
Definitely doesn't look like Unreal Engine but after seeing some March of Heroes stuff, there is environment similarities.

Last edited by Rip73; 09-21-2012 at 09:20 PM..
  #107  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:22 PM
Rip73 Rip73 is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisha11230 View Post
I think the reason is because it only happened yesterday and it was a very small feature, 4 screenshots and a statement, and it hasnt been officially announced by gameloft.

If i remember correctly they did the same thing with mc3, released screenshots to some annonymous website.
Well, thanks for posting them.
Plus it looks like they are gathering momentum and legitimacy.
Some reliable sources are reverting to not at liberty to say just yet.

Last edited by Rip73; 09-21-2012 at 09:27 PM..
  #108  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:25 PM
JBRUU JBRUU is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
Ah, I knew some day I would eventually catch ya.
I'm shadow high fiving right now. (Insert appropriate smiley face)

In seriousness though, the low res pics caught me out as well. So I have to duck and hide from that one as well.
It is still not what I was expecting just yet. I hadn't expected any screenshots till mid October. (That's not to say I've seen any others now)
Surprised I haven't been corned with something like that sooner. And you hadn't expected screenshots until October? I take it that source of yours has been really earning his Christmas and New Years cards, huh?

I'm hopeful that those are real. So out of my hope I will proclaim, whether it is logical or not, that those screens are legit. In a sudden and probably one-time burst of clear headedness in regard to these pics, I ask the following:

-if these were shared at a big huge Japanese event, why the resolution?
-Gameloft hasn't kept the same hand for any of the mc games. Why start now?
-the development time seems to have been suspiciously short for such a pretty game
-why the futuristic flying vehicles? (Though zero hour does seem like a title GL would use)
-I can't see any a4 devices running this. Are you really ready to yank support?
-weird timing for the announcement (or was it a leak? I know some DH3 pics were leaked prior to release...)


And I've exhausted my criticisms. The art assets look somewhat Gameloftish, but particularly the NPC soldier and those stairs textures. Also the rocks in the second picture. I don't know what to make of the helicopters, though.

Last edited by JBRUU; 09-21-2012 at 09:30 PM..
  #109  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Rip73 Rip73 is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Surprised I haven't been corned with something like that sooner. And you hadn't expected screenshots until October? I take it that source of yours has been really earning his Christmas and New Years cards, huh?

I'm hopeful that those are real. So out of my hope I will proclaim, whether it is logical or not, that those screens are legit. In a sudden and probably one-time burst of clear headedness in regard to these pics, I ask the following:

-if these were shared at a big huge Japanese event, why the resolution?
-Gameloft hasn't kept the same hand for any of the mc games. Why start now?
-the development time seems to have been suspiciously short for such a pretty game
-why the futuristic flying vehicles? (Though zero hour does seem like a title GL would use)
-I can't see any a4 devices running this. Are you really ready to yank support?
-weird timing for the announcement (or was it a leak? I know some DH3 pics were leaked prior to release...)


And I've exhausted my criticisms. The art assets look somewhat Gameloftish, but particularly the NPC soldier and those stairs textures. Also the rocks in the second picture. I don't know what to make of the helicopters, though.
The first set of shots were pictures taken of a large screen so that's why res was so bad.
The futuristic vehicles I don't quite get myself.
The same hand and arm would possibly be used in a pre alpha test phase and the art polished or changed later.
Development time has been long for the game. I suspect it hasn't always been MC4 though.
It took year and a half for NOVA 3 to be developed and it would only make sense that MC4 would have started very close behind it. Factor in March of Heroes and other unreleased stuff and it creates a clearer picture.
As for a4, it'll be lots of fog or unsupported.
And I think this was more of leak than a planned announcement. It looks like it might have been a trade or industry only presentation.
I mean we know of lots of games coming up that people would have seen stills or had quick game play of but would be limited by an embargo. This almost certainly breaks any MC4 embargo.

Last edited by Rip73; 09-21-2012 at 09:58 PM..
  #110  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:42 PM
elisha11230 elisha11230 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Surprised I haven't been corned with something like that sooner. And you hadn't expected screenshots until October? I take it that source of yours has been really earning his Christmas and New Years cards, huh?

I'm hopeful that those are real. So out of my hope I will proclaim, whether it is logical or not, that those screens are legit. In a sudden and probably one-time burst of clear headedness in regard to these pics, I ask the following:

-if these were shared at a big huge Japanese event, why the resolution?
-Gameloft hasn't kept the same hand for any of the mc games. Why start now?
-the development time seems to have been suspiciously short for such a pretty game
-why the futuristic flying vehicles? (Though zero hour does seem like a title GL would use)
-I can't see any a4 devices running this. Are you really ready to yank support?
-weird timing for the announcement (or was it a leak? I know some DH3 pics were leaked prior to release...)


And I've exhausted my criticisms. The art assets look somewhat Gameloftish, but particularly the NPC soldier and those stairs textures. Also the rocks in the second picture. I don't know what to make of the helicopters, though.
This event wasnt the highlight of the tokyo game show, it was a small venue called ilove iphone, my belief is that gameloft is trying to increase their fanbase in japan and this was the only place to do it.

They probably used alot of the same assets as mc3, thus increasing the development time.

From what i can tell from the pictures, they all seem to be on some island, i dont understand the futuristic helis and then the outdated gun, maybe the game has some sort of flashback story or something

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent