★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Touch Breaker is out - touch arkanoid for the iPhone

06-08-2009, 12:30 AM
Touch Breaker is out - touch arkanoid for the iPhone

Hi,

I'm glad to announce our new title - Touch Breaker is available on the AppStore. The game was originally designed as a port of the "Arkanoid The Virtual Isles" for the iPhone with the original idea to climb higher and higher by destroying the blocks obscuring your way to the top. However we decided to go further.

It's really easy to port the game to new platform, but it's a challenge to make it fun and addictive, to fine-tune it for the device especially. We have been thinking how the gameplay could be changed to make this game unique, to make it stand out of the numerous other arkanoid iPhone apps.
Control the bat with the accelerometer? Obviously not. But what if we remove the bat at all and let the user to control the direction of the ball just by swiping it? We've tried that and it looks really fun.

Game description:
They call you a "Block hunter". Your goal is to complete all stages and defeat the Evil Mind who captured the virtual reality.

Control the ball by swiping it when it's in the "touch zone". Just swipe it the direction you want it to fly. Tap flying credits to collect them, tap monsters to destroy.

The game comes with 100 levels, and of course meeting with the evil boss at the final stage is inevitable.
17 types of bonus items are always ready to help you to get through. Just pay some $$ at the intergalactic shop or collect big containers on the level.

Do not worry to lose your scores being interrupted by a phonecall, Touch Breaker automatically saves and instantly loads your current progress, as any nice iPhone app should do.

6 background music tracks should keep you happy, but if you decide to listen to your own iPod music - it's fine, the game is fully compatible with this mode.

Price: Just a dollar!

Screenshot:

iTunes Link:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=318652146&mt=8

Are you still reading? Then here's five promo codes to start with:
WHNXXNKR439N
9WTXYYRLNNJF
XNF6XY4KY6YW
6KA4YXKW63EK
X9WLAKMWYAEX

--
Max
06-08-2009, 12:33 AM
I grabbed 9WTXYYRLNNJF, thanks! Will post impressions.

back

06-08-2009, 12:37 AM
I got X9WLAKMWYAEX.

Thanks.
06-08-2009, 12:38 AM
X9WLAKMWYAEX

Thank you, I got the last one!

Edit: Looking at the post above me, maybe that's not the one I got lol, I know I got one of them though.
06-08-2009, 12:41 AM
So far after 5 minutes:

Excellent Soundtrack and sound effects

Great controls, I was skeptical about the swiping method, but it works perfectly =D

Awesome graphics, I love the space theme with asteroids flying by.

The shop is also nice, with tons of powerups to buy.

Totally worth a dollar. Since there's 100 levels, it's like a cent a level. And it took me 3 minutes to beat the first one, so you get your dollars worth for sure.

I highly recommend this title if you're looking for a great arkanoid game.

back
06-08-2009, 12:42 AM
My iTunes kept freezing...that's what I get for waiting to update!
06-08-2009, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmx View Post
My iTunes kept freezing...that's what I get for waiting to update!
That's exactly what I thought!....except I was getting error -4. So I updated, and I still have the problem so idk...

Twitter: @Zincous
06-08-2009, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
That's exactly what I thought!....except I was getting error -4. So I updated, and I still have the problem so idk...
I sense 3.0 on its way =]

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.
06-08-2009, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STP_Tim View Post
I sense 3.0 on its way =]
Yeah I was on beta itunes 8.2 still, I thought, since updater doesn't detect the public release of 8.2

I can't wait for tomorrow morning!

Twitter: @Zincous
06-08-2009, 12:55 AM
Are there any codes left? I have another batch ready