★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[Soft Launch - AU] BattleHand (by Another Place Productions)

04-10-2015, 07:58 PM
[Soft Launch - AU] BattleHand (by Another Place Productions)

BattleHand

Another Place Productions Ltd
Genres: Games Role Playing Adventure
Free

Quote:
In this fantastical land a mysterious force has awoken the sleeping Dungeons and creatures who reside there. Adventurers, Warriors and Wizards must form alliances and fight to overcome the forces of darkness in their search for fortune and glory.

* Easy to learn tactical combat with stunning 3D animations!
* Unlock the Mage, Warrior and Ranger classes, with 6 different characters to choose from!
* Multiple battle modes, including Player vs Player challenges!
* Adventure through the land, fighting epic battles, unlocking new locations and collect some loot while you're at it!
* Packed with 100's of fantastic creatures and foes to defeat
* Incredible, powerful cards to collect, level up and evolve on your way to build the perfect BattleHand
* Join forces with powerful allies and embark on epic adventures together!
* Take on Daily missions for free Gems!

Supported Devices:
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone5s
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone5
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone6
  • iPadMini4G

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 132.8MB

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.
04-11-2015, 04:50 AM
nice find pete. perhaps this is the first freemium turn based game that i really enjoyed. everything seem so polished even in its current state.

The Gameplay:

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014

04-11-2015, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
nice find pete. perhaps this is the first freemium turn based game that i really enjoyed. everything seem so polished even in its current state.
Wow, that is some praise! I loved it from the screenshots and the fact that it has CCG mechanics but haven't got round to trying it to see if the gameplay matches up. This has shot right up my to do list, cheers!

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.
04-11-2015, 11:07 AM
this is definitely a must try for all turn based rpg lovers out there. with the release of steven universe rpg last week, this game will find its own place for those who wants to taste the quality rpg turn based for free. im truly amazed by how the animation done in this game. oh and if you worried bout the freemium thing, please dont, im playing for an hour and have not found any paywall that stop me from playing. instead im still having enough gems for a new stuff and buy the energy system. grinding system is fair enough, imo.

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014
04-13-2015, 05:26 PM
Finally had a chance to play and I totally agree; it's really polished and great fun so far. It fits quite well in both RPG and CCG categories with enough to appeal to either. Admittedly, anything with collectible cards is always going to win me over but I'm not biased enough that I can't recognise when I'm playing a bad game and this is anything but.

It's really pretty for a card game, not that it's such an important detail with this kind of game but it's nice to see a level of detail and effort put in as it's reassuring that the rest of the game will be as professional. The strategy involved in choosing your cards shows promise too; with all the different effects they possess. I'm a little concerned by the size of the deck you start with but that might change as I play more, I just would have loved a larger deck to draw from. That could just be the Magic guy in me though!

I haven't put much time into this at all, so these aren't really impressions, just a little nudge to put this game on people's radars in case it soft-launched too stealthily. I'm really looking forward to getting to know this game. Thank you Redribbon for your impressions that made me get off my butt and play!

04-13-2015, 11:23 PM
It's a good game with great mechanics, but the enemies need balancing. That, and only being able to carry 8 cards total at high levels, sucks.
05-15-2015, 06:56 PM
Looks pretty cool, apart from the card-leveling. Would be interesting to say gameplay from a few hours in to see how the mechanics evolve.