Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-05-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koyut View Post
Yup, freemium. Interested in Double Fine's take on freemium.
Yeah. Freemium is kinda out of control. Double fine gets a pass for now though.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:49 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Sorry but...I just felt asleep.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:02 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I thought this would be more in line with Pocket Planes but nope, tons of waiting and staring at the screen, not much of heroic acts.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choocs View Post
The bus rescue missions are not working for me. I've tried closing the app from taskbar, restarting my iPad, and they're still not working. Now I'm stuck cos the only missions available are bus rescue missions.
Same here, anyone have an idea on a fix? Will it have to come from Double Fine?
Old 09-05-2012, 08:39 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becksar View Post
Same here, anyone have an idea on a fix? Will it have to come from Double Fine?
Same issue for me. I even tried uninstalling/re-installing. Don't do that, it looses your save game. 2 hours out the window.

I'm surprised your save game isn't backed up somewhere. This means if someone spent $ on purchases you loose it if you have to reinstall the game for any reason (i.e. reload OS on the device, new device, etc). Someone could have spent $100+ and it's gone like that?

Last edited by dukat111; 09-05-2012 at 08:47 AM..
Old 09-05-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justln View Post
I thought this would be more in line with Pocket Planes but nope, tons of waiting and staring at the screen, not much of heroic acts.
i disagree with that statement with time management games you be waiting for hours at a time as you process now from what i seen so far resting, training, and getting money takes under a min to do. I already got two super heros and had to stop as i have some other stuff i need to do.

But i do agree with your heroic acts i had to only stop one bus so far, also as i open up new area i would assume you still doing acts in areas you passed in. But no its only the next area you open up and that is a worry as there not that many areas?
Old 09-05-2012, 08:54 AM

[QUOTE=dukat111;2421553]Same issue for me. I even tried uninstalling/re-installing. Don't do that, it looses your save game. 2 hours out the window.

I'm surprised your save game isn't backed up somewhere. This means if someone spent $ on purchases you loose it if you have to reinstall the game for any reason (i.e. reload OS on the device, new device, etc). Someone could have spent $100+ and it's gone like that?[/QUO

There is option on game to reinstall game purchases as i said before
Old 09-05-2012, 08:57 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscaretaker View Post
i disagree with that statement with time management games you be waiting for hours at a time as you process now from what i seen so far resting, training, and getting money takes under a min to do. I already got two super heros and had to stop as i have some other stuff i need to do.

But i do agree with your heroic acts i had to only stop one bus so far, also as i open up new area i would assume you still doing acts in areas you passed in. But no its only the next area you open up and that is a worry as there not that many areas?
I defeated the second boss before stopping. Not my type of game I guess. MMOJ feels like Dead Island for me, GREAT game trailer but the game fails to live up to expectations.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:37 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

I enjoyed Pocket Frogs, Tiny Tower, Happy Street and even FarmVille. Freemium games are awesome in my book, when viewed and played a certain way. But I don't know what it is about this game...something's off. The sound feels muted and the art (while nice) gives off the feel of being blurry. The pacing of progression feels really weird--it's fast and then suddenly slow, easy then suddenly hard, then easy again. I dunno. Maybe I have to plunk down some cash to really enjoy this, though I feel it should be fun even without spending. Beat the second boss and I'm sticking with it a bit longer, but so far it's just boring.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:49 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

OMG Double Fine!

EDIT: Installed, uninstalled. Freemium is crap and I hate time management games.

Last edited by Drakeer Melkhor; 09-05-2012 at 12:09 PM..