Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-07-2012, 09:38 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

IMO, this game is part of a new wave of "golden age" iOS gaming. Between original IPs like this, and really amazing ports like TWEWY and Bastion, I'm feeling like gaming on my iPad is less about convenience, and more about this being the platform I prefer. I'm really liking the game, and the obvious care involved. If games like this continue to arrive, I feel like there will be less of a price shock situation. The app store will hopefully start to be looked at as more of a situation where you have casual, inexpensive games successfully sitting alongside deep, "hardcore" games like this one which garner a higher price point. I REALLY like the game.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:42 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I'm waiting on Einhänder to be ported to IOS. Hopefully soon.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:44 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by seyoon View Post
Ah thanks for the tip. Will try just looking at the chains while glancing at the fights. I'm gonna continue on until I finish the chapter and see if it'll grow on me. Was never really a big Chaos Rings fan but I'm a sucker for the early FFs. But for those that are anime fans (which sadly I'm not) this game is a must with it's beautiful artwork and very asian-ish cheesy dialogues . Salamat, pre!
Dint know you were a kababayan. Thumbs up!
Old 09-07-2012, 11:06 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Why does my cp dissapear does it use cp when dispatching?
CP is used whenever an ability is used in battle, the consumed CP is then spent towards gaining Mastery of the ability. If you run out of CP you can still use your abilities, you just don't gain anything towards their Mastery.

That being said, I only actually ran out of CP once, on the second or third boss, after that it's been smooth sailing, haven't run out since.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:50 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to your personal robot

Fighting the boss in the city ruins right now, still the free portion of the game. So far, I'm extremely intrigued. Presentation is great! Details/landscape are not on a level with Chaos Rings but still, amazing game.

I'm really a fan of original IPs like Chaos Rings and this. Feels like beginning of a new FF series on my favorite device.

I'm pretty sure, I'm going to pay for the full game once I reached the end of the free chapter. It's just too addicting and entertaining already.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:12 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
IMO, this game is part of a new wave of "golden age" iOS gaming. Between original IPs like this, and really amazing ports like TWEWY and Bastion, I'm feeling like gaming on my iPad is less about convenience, and more about this being the platform I prefer. I'm really liking the game, and the obvious care involved. If games like this continue to arrive, I feel like there will be less of a price shock situation. The app store will hopefully start to be looked at as more of a situation where you have casual, inexpensive games successfully sitting alongside deep, "hardcore" games like this one which garner a higher price point. I REALLY like the game.
This is exactly what ive been feeling the last couple of weeks, seeing my vita (which has seen so few releases that hurts), ps3 and xbox gather dust while week after week I find games I really want o play on ios, indeed the decision is less and less for convenience and more for pure preference.

Also loving seeing squeenix comitted to the platform, they did wonders for the psp and Im seeing the same trend on ios.

On topic:just finished the first chapter and im hooked, loving the quality and general atmosphere of the game.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:13 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
Fighting the boss in the city ruins right now, still the free portion of the game. So far, I'm extremely intrigued. Presentation is great! Details/landscape are not on a level with Chaos Rings but still, amazing game.

I'm really a fan of original IPs like Chaos Rings and this. Feels like beginning of a new FF series on my favorite device.

I'm pretty sure, I'm going to pay for the full game once I reached the end of the free chapter. It's just too addicting and entertaining already.
Im glad youre already enjoying it, but you havent seen the customization yet.

It's awesome.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:50 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Oh Squenix. How you surprise me. One moment I'm in disbelief about Lightning Returns, then you win me over by releasing DRAKERIDER.

This had me intrigued, so I quickly fired up iTunes and downloaded it. Not a bad call, as I'm enjoying how gameplay is presented. I mean, there're the obvious videogame cliches, but then there wouldn't be cliches if they didn't work.

I like the combat, it's not entirely unique but it is an interesting take. Makes me feel more engaged in a "whoa boy, easy there" kinda way. The overlay immediately reminded me of Chaos Rings, with the vanishing v-pad and !s and menus, although part of me wants a dedicated save feature.

Comparing it to CR2, it isn't as good with the general graphics, but as long as it's easy to look at and moves well I'm sold. I'm a bit bothered by the lowercase letters in some of the message headers of some characters I noticed in the start, but then I'm a syntax freak and generally notice spelling/grammar/capitalization errors in games. Nothing updates wouldn't fix though.

Squenix's try before you buy model has me caught up, I'm liking the game so far and would probably purchase the later chapters.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:21 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Chapter 3 and still far from ever needing IAP. Make sure to keep those Invocations stacking!
Old 09-07-2012, 08:47 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Hey! Cool games!

Here's the hint to farm the crystal points, try to be in the defensive stance (Blue) then release the chain to the guage where it turns bright, you will obtain extra crystals, let see in the video below:

Credit: ipadgamereviews.org

Youtube link | Pop Up