★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
09-07-2012, 05:56 AM
Just finished chapter 1 and I really liked it but it was a little short. Does anyone know how long the game is?
09-07-2012, 07:47 AM
Its a beautiful game but I have one major complaint. I don't know about you guys but throughout the combat, you're obligated to keep your eye on the meter. That means you hardly know what's going on down there in the fight. For all I know my dragon is kissing the enemy. Big design flaw imho. Paid the initial 6.99 but now experiencing buyer's remorse. Oh well, glad I didn't but a whole $20 on this one.

Current Vice: GoF2HD, Bastion, PvZ, Dead Space iPad, FFDim, FFIV, WoGoo, Solomon's Keep, Hook Champ

09-07-2012, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seyoon View Post
Its a beautiful game but I have one major complaint. I don't know about you guys but throughout the combat, you're obligated to keep your eye on the meter. That means you hardly know what's going on down there in the fight. For all I know my dragon is kissing the enemy. Big design flaw imho. Paid the initial 6.99 but now experiencing buyer's remorse. Oh well, glad I didn't but a whole $20 on this one.
There was a point where i thought of that. And then I realized the chain below changes color as well, and that chain I can see better with peripheral vision while i look at the battles.

It's still a flaw though, the small bar up top, but it isnt game breaking for me. Im still enjoying the battle system and what this game has offered me so far. I bought the full game, and im not regretting it. This actually is my GotW.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-07-2012, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
There was a point where i thought of that. And then I realized the chain below changes color as well, and that chain I can see better with peripheral vision while i look at the battles.

It's still a flaw though, the small bar up top, but it isnt game breaking for me. Im still enjoying the battle system and what this game has offered me so far. I bought the full game, and im not regretting it. This actually is my GotW.
Ah thanks for the tip. Will try just looking at the chains while glancing at the fights. I'm gonna continue on until I finish the chapter and see if it'll grow on me. Was never really a big Chaos Rings fan but I'm a sucker for the early FFs. But for those that are anime fans (which sadly I'm not) this game is a must with it's beautiful artwork and very asian-ish cheesy dialogues . Salamat, pre!

Current Vice: GoF2HD, Bastion, PvZ, Dead Space iPad, FFDim, FFIV, WoGoo, Solomon's Keep, Hook Champ
09-07-2012, 08:38 AM
IMO, this game is part of a new wave of "golden age" iOS gaming. Between original IPs like this, and really amazing ports like TWEWY and Bastion, I'm feeling like gaming on my iPad is less about convenience, and more about this being the platform I prefer. I'm really liking the game, and the obvious care involved. If games like this continue to arrive, I feel like there will be less of a price shock situation. The app store will hopefully start to be looked at as more of a situation where you have casual, inexpensive games successfully sitting alongside deep, "hardcore" games like this one which garner a higher price point. I REALLY like the game.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
09-07-2012, 08:42 AM
I'm waiting on Einhnder to be ported to IOS. Hopefully soon.
09-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seyoon View Post
Ah thanks for the tip. Will try just looking at the chains while glancing at the fights. I'm gonna continue on until I finish the chapter and see if it'll grow on me. Was never really a big Chaos Rings fan but I'm a sucker for the early FFs. But for those that are anime fans (which sadly I'm not) this game is a must with it's beautiful artwork and very asian-ish cheesy dialogues . Salamat, pre!
Dint know you were a kababayan. Thumbs up!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Why does my cp dissapear does it use cp when dispatching?
CP is used whenever an ability is used in battle, the consumed CP is then spent towards gaining Mastery of the ability. If you run out of CP you can still use your abilities, you just don't gain anything towards their Mastery.

That being said, I only actually ran out of CP once, on the second or third boss, after that it's been smooth sailing, haven't run out since.
09-07-2012, 10:50 AM
Fighting the boss in the city ruins right now, still the free portion of the game. So far, I'm extremely intrigued. Presentation is great! Details/landscape are not on a level with Chaos Rings but still, amazing game.

I'm really a fan of original IPs like Chaos Rings and this. Feels like beginning of a new FF series on my favorite device.

I'm pretty sure, I'm going to pay for the full game once I reached the end of the free chapter. It's just too addicting and entertaining already.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
09-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
IMO, this game is part of a new wave of "golden age" iOS gaming. Between original IPs like this, and really amazing ports like TWEWY and Bastion, I'm feeling like gaming on my iPad is less about convenience, and more about this being the platform I prefer. I'm really liking the game, and the obvious care involved. If games like this continue to arrive, I feel like there will be less of a price shock situation. The app store will hopefully start to be looked at as more of a situation where you have casual, inexpensive games successfully sitting alongside deep, "hardcore" games like this one which garner a higher price point. I REALLY like the game.
This is exactly what ive been feeling the last couple of weeks, seeing my vita (which has seen so few releases that hurts), ps3 and xbox gather dust while week after week I find games I really want o play on ios, indeed the decision is less and less for convenience and more for pure preference.

Also loving seeing squeenix comitted to the platform, they did wonders for the psp and Im seeing the same trend on ios.

On topic:just finished the first chapter and im hooked, loving the quality and general atmosphere of the game.

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion