App description: iOS 8 Compatibility
After preliminary testing, we have confirmed that DRAKERIDER does not function properly on iOS 8, and we are currently investigating the matter. At present, the following bugs have been confirmed:

- Tapping the DRAKERIDER icon from the home screen does not load the game

We humbly ask for your patience and understanding while we work to resolve these issues.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Kill or be killed. Experience the perils of adventure with your ferocious sidekick in this brand-new smartphone RPG!

The stage of DRAKERIDER is set in Igraine, a world on the brink of destruction due to the repeated attacks of the Dread. Aran Lawson, once an ordinary tracker, now finds himself as a dragalierand mankind's final hope. This is the story of our hero and his dragon companion, Eckhardt.

The game lets you take the reins with a battle system like no other. Instead of entering commands, control the chains to execute your strategy. Easing off the reins will allow Eckhardt the freedom to unleash powerful attacks. Too much leeway, however, will trigger his primal instincts, endangering Aran.
Led by Akifumi Kaneko, the game is developed by WITCHCRAFT Inc., famous for their work on various anime and other RPGs. This title maintains the high quality and integrity for which they are known.

The characters are voiced by an array of talented artists, including Ryohei Kimura, Nana Mizuki, Shinichiro Miki, Kana Hanazawa, Keiji Fujiwara, and many others. The powerful theme song "unleash," performed by Shoujyo Byou, accentuates the powerful storyline and intense battles.

There are five chapters in total, the first two of which may be enjoyed free of charge! So why not delve into an originally and finely crafted RPG adventure?

Game System

A tale told over five chapters
The fate of Igraine is related over five chapters. The first two chapters are free, and the rest can be purchased individually, or all at once for a special price.
Introductory Chapter & Chapter 2: Free
Chapters 35: $6.99 each
All Five Chapters: $15.99

The battle is in your hands
Tighten or loosen your grip on the reins by sliding the chains at the bottom of the screen. The gauge at the top of the screen represents its tension. Ease off to unleash powerful attacks and abilities, but give your dragon too much freedom and you will lose control. If you're not quick to pull back the reins, he will turn against you.

Develop your dragon's abilities
Claim victory in battle to earn CP, which you can use to learn abilities and powerful attacks. Unlocking some abilities will close your path to others, so plan carefully and customize your dragon to suit your needs.

Sanuku's comments:

iPad:
http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/drakerider-for-ipad/id516541758

09-05-2012, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Square Enix is a genius on their pricing models. Never have they had stupid IAP. Everything is one-time big-time money laydown, just how I want it.
The one time thing I am all for, and without turning this into another price discussion I could do without the big time money laydown though.

Hope this new phone they are announcing comes with some serious storage as these (admittedly brilliant) apps that are coming out at the minute are making a mockery of my poor little 16gb iphone 4!!!

Gamecentre ID - .P0tshot. Playing - Magic 2014, Battle Academy, Shadowrun, Warhammer Quest, Hearthstone, Space Hulk, FTL, Xcom Wanting - Cardhunter, Battleheart Legacy, Infinity Wars, Exiles: Far Colonies and someone please make iOS Blood Bowl!!
09-05-2012, 06:14 AM
Just saw the video. My... Its. A. Must. Have.

No doubt.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

09-05-2012, 06:20 AM
Am I reading this wrong or does the battle system majorly consist of just moving a slider back and forth through the blue/green/yellow/red zones to defend/attack/over etc?

Obsessions: FTL | Sword of the Stars: The Pit (Gold Edition)
GC: onlyphoenix
09-05-2012, 06:21 AM
Hmm... With the latest games SE has chucked out, im surprised they still havent made FF4-9 ports. And Vagrant Story (my favorite RPG of alltime).

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-05-2012, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Hmm... With the latest games SE has chucked out, im surprised they still havent made FF4-9 ports. And Vagrant Story (my favorite RPG of alltime).
And Parasite Eve 1-3
09-05-2012, 06:30 AM
So many games, so little time. Haven't even finished TWEWY and this is already out. I wish to have the life of a game reviewer
09-05-2012, 06:48 AM
hey can someone talk about the controls? how do you attack in a fight? is it swipe? or something else?

Game center: sebattytan
09-05-2012, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_envoys View Post
@sanuku
Can you tell me the Expanded size of this game? Thanks

Both Builds are equal.
09-05-2012, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post

Both Builds are equal.
:shock:

Obsessions: FTL | Sword of the Stars: The Pit (Gold Edition)
GC: onlyphoenix
09-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seo25 View Post
hey can someone talk about the controls? how do you attack in a fight? is it swipe? or something else?
Now this is a complete guess, but, I would think with the description of how you reign your dragon in, it is a risk/risk reward style system where the higher up the slider you leave it to go the more damaging your attack. But go too far and you get hurt/miss a go etc. Maybe done via a one finger "hold the screen" to give your dragon some slack and release to unleash as it were.

I could of course be completely talking out of my arse.

Gamecentre ID - .P0tshot. Playing - Magic 2014, Battle Academy, Shadowrun, Warhammer Quest, Hearthstone, Space Hulk, FTL, Xcom Wanting - Cardhunter, Battleheart Legacy, Infinity Wars, Exiles: Far Colonies and someone please make iOS Blood Bowl!!