★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
09-16-2012, 05:12 PM
#91
Hey, PikPok - can you add an endless mode to this game, with randomized features from all 6 levels? That would be sweet and would add a lot of replay value. Thanks.
09-16-2012, 05:25 PM
#92
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Wellington
Posts: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWeird View Post
Hey, PikPok - can you add an endless mode to this game, with randomized features from all 6 levels? That would be sweet and would add a lot of replay value. Thanks.
We've been talking about that with the Conix guys. Something they would really like to do, but we need to make sure sales get to where they need to so that is a worthwhile exercise (lot of dev and testing involved). So make sure to keep spreading the word

09-16-2012, 06:32 PM
#93
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikPok View Post
We've been talking about that with the Conix guys. Something they would really like to do, but we need to make sure sales get to where they need to so that is a worthwhile exercise (lot of dev and testing involved). So make sure to keep spreading the word
Cool thanks. I already gifted this app once, and left a 5 star review, but I'm gonna gift it again right now to another a family member to help this endeavor move along....
09-16-2012, 06:58 PM
#94
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Wellington
Posts: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWeird View Post
Cool thanks. I already gifted this app once, and left a 5 star review, but I'm gonna gift it again right now to another a family member to help this endeavor move along....
Thanks. Ourselves and Conix appreciate the support.
09-18-2012, 03:55 AM
#95
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikPok View Post
Thanks. Ourselves and Conix appreciate the support.
Oh yes! We appreciate it very much indeed!
Update is literally on the way to address some bugs & be ready for iPhone 5 resolution support!
09-18-2012, 09:59 AM
#96
Looks like a level based escape the ape(from com2us)... Is that all it is drawing lines to jump on? Does landing in the middle of your line give you an extra boost? That's was the good part about Escape ape, trying to make lines so the monkey could land right in the middle etc...
09-18-2012, 10:03 AM
#97
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ronfar View Post
Looks like a level based escape the ape(from com2us)... Is that all it is drawing lines to jump on? Does landing in the middle of your line give you an extra boost? That's was the good part about Escape ape, trying to make lines so the monkey could land right in the middle etc...
The way it seems to work in this game is that the smaller the line you draw (and still land on it), the more of a boost you get. It's really a fun game with some nice level design and elements that require some quick thinking.
09-18-2012, 10:19 AM
#98
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
The way it seems to work in this game is that the smaller the line you draw (and still land on it), the more of a boost you get. It's really a fun game with some nice level design and elements that require some quick thinking.
Ok , I read more of the thread and read that this game " isn't just another line drawing game" etc and that there are other mechanics involved etc...

I would like to know what these other mechanics are? The shorter the line the better is pretty cool i guess. Probly not quite as challenging as havin to draw one that lands u in the middle. But I haven't played it so I dunoo...
09-18-2012, 10:46 AM
#99
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ronfar View Post
Ok , I read more of the thread and read that this game " isn't just another line drawing game" etc and that there are other mechanics involved etc...

I would like to know what these other mechanics are? The shorter the line the better is pretty cool i guess. Probly not quite as challenging as havin to draw one that lands u in the middle. But I haven't played it so I dunoo...
I'm only on the second chapter (of six) and things keep getting added like bombs, rising water, sling shots, areas where you kind of get boosted through, zero gravity sections. I'm anxious to see what other elements are added.

Since you are not just climbing, but having to collect all of the elements in order to get three-stars, it can be challenging to time your line drawing jumps to get what you need (what you collect seems to change in each world as well) without hitting something that can kill you. Sometimes you need to time a jump to avoid getting to a boost that gets you to the end of the level so you still can collect the items. Wouldn't say it's overly difficult so far, but the progression tells me that it will get more and more so.
09-18-2012, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
I'm only on the second chapter (of six) and things keep getting added like bombs, rising water, sling shots, areas where you kind of get boosted through, zero gravity sections. I'm anxious to see what other elements are added.

Since you are not just climbing, but having to collect all of the elements in order to get three-stars, it can be challenging to time your line drawing jumps to get what you need (what you collect seems to change in each world as well) without hitting something that can kill you. Sometimes you need to time a jump to avoid getting to a boost that gets you to the end of the level so you still can collect the items. Wouldn't say it's overly difficult so far, but the progression tells me that it will get more and more so.
Ok,thanks. Guess I'll be trying out...