★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Free today with App of the Evening

* Casual Connect Europe 2013 Indie Showcase Winner!

"The whole casual/hardcore distinction needs putting to rest, perhaps. HUEBRIX is the latest puzzle game that looks casual, but has the potential to develop into a full-blown hours-a-day addiction." - The Guardian UK

"HUEBRIX is a quiet pleasure a soothing rainy Sunday afternoon to Super Hexagons hedonistic Saturday night." - Edge (7/10)

"Theres a lot to love about HUEBRIX. The gameplay is addictive, the controls are smooth and responsive and the music helps calm the nerves, the graphics are simple and have a pixelated retro appeal to them that is enjoyable." - 148Apps.com - 4/5 stars

"HUEBRIX is a solid puzzle effort" - PocketGamer - Silver Award - 8/10

"Almost to a tee, HUEBRIX manages to create this (the perfect puzzle game) atmosphere." - Gamezebo.com - 4/5 stars

"Like a crossword puzzle, its about teasing your brain, not pumping your adrenalin." - slidetoPlay.com - 3/4 Stars - Good

"HUEBRIX wants your brain. Not in a zombie-eating kind of way, but in a cool, challenging way." - Jayisgames.com

"HUEBRIX is a puzzle game that requires the player to be aware and adventurous." - AppSpy.com (4/5)

"HUEBRIX brings a fresh face to mobile puzzle games for a head-scratching good time." - DigitalSpy (4/5)

HUEBRIX brings the "Puzzle" back to Puzzle Games. This game will test your visual, spatial and logical senses.

Solve Levels by dragging paths from blocks to fill out the puzzle grid. However, the blocks only give you paths of a specified length.

Special blocks determine the orientation of paths, acting as clues and challenges at the same time.

HUEBRIX has 400+ levels, segregated by skill level for your convenience.

Think you have it in you? Go on, download our game, We DARE you!

Follow us at:
http://www.twitter.com/huebrix
and Like us at:
http://www.facebook.com/huebrix

Follow the developers at:
http://www.twitter.com/ymstudios
and Like us at:
http://www.facebook.com/yellowmonkeystudios

Echoseven's comments:

09-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Cannot wait. Been anticipating this one for a minute!

09-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Say...this looks good. The visual style reminds me of Puzzlejuice a bit, which is definitely not a bad thing.

and the horse you rode in on

Awaiting: Ridiculous Fishing // Random Battles // Monster Loves You! // Punch Quest // FIST OF AWESOME // Hammer04 // Icebreaker: A Viking Voyage
09-05-2012, 05:54 PM
I think is this very similar to Pathpix and all the others in the series.

If this is true, then this absolutely no bad thing and highly recommended to all puzzle lovers.
09-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Cant wait for this one to come out tonight.
09-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post

If this is true, then this absolutely no bad thing and highly recommended to all puzzle lovers.
Just bought this. Lovely spin on the aforementioned already well-established series. So, for this reason, and the fact it's got a great social component, all I can say is highly recommended.
09-05-2012, 06:37 PM
It seems Noodlecake did the porting as they just released a trailer... Unfortunately that video reveals nothing about the gameplay

Youtube link | Pop Up
09-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
It seems Noodlecake did the porting as they just released a trailer... Unfortunately that video reveals nothing about the gameplay
backup trailers in case the first fails, gotta love 'em...

09-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post

It does look reminiscent of PathPix, but with more variety in the mechanics/designs (one way paths, not always knowing the other endpoint, etc)
09-05-2012, 11:46 PM
I just finished the first level pack (Starter) and let me just say if you want a really challenging game, I think we've found it. Even the levels in the starter pack start to get mind bending at the end (35 total). Nice, moody music, responsive controls, clean and simple look. No landscape mode, unfortunately.

Imagine PathPix, then add in spaces that only let you move one direction, tunnels that let you wrap to the other side of the board, and spaces that add or subtract from the number of moves you have to use for a particular line. It starts adding up to a lot of variables in a hurry.

There are three additional packs included Easy (30 levels) and 2 medium packs (20 each). Then we get to the IAP. There are 17 more level packs ranging from easy (30 levels), medium (20 levels), to hard and insane (10 levels each).

I haven't tried the easy or medium levels yet, but while there's a reasonable amount of purchase for a dollar, I'm not crazy about the IAP setup. So far I really like Huebrix, but I'd rather pay a flat purchase to unlock everything (and I've felt the same way about other games, this is nothing new for me).

There is a timed component to this but it is fairly easily ignored unless you are the sort who has to get the highest rating at everything. I don't really get the appeal of giving medals for fast times when you can replay the levels as much as you like, but it's there for those that are into it.

Last edited by Misguided; 09-06-2012 at 12:05 AM.