★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
09-05-2012, 10:54 AM
#11
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFGames View Post
Yes, we had realized the size could be considered a large size for this type of game.
And we have tried to compress the game as much as we could to get to the smallest possible size, without starting to lose visual quality.

All textures for the characters and environments are High Resolution. You got to remember that the game is in full 3d, animations/models take a very large amount of space.
We also have original orchestral music for all levels. Mb after mb, it adds up quickly.
We could have made it smaller, but the textures would have been lower resolutions, animations not as fluid, a single music for the whole game, and no voice overs.

A tradeoff we had to make.
All good points... thanks for filling us in!

Decisions, decisions... original orchestral music?

Could you clarify something else? Is this an endless runner with, IDK, "combat stops?"

Thanks!

DBC

I give up.
09-05-2012, 11:06 AM
#12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Could you clarify something else? Is this an endless runner with, IDK, "combat stops?"


DBC
It's a fair way to put it yes

Also, for the questions about the 50 quests, it's indeed an infinite runner. You complete quests to "level up" - when you reach the highest level, you "restart" leveling up as "game +", with better gold reward for each level +.

Makes sense?

09-05-2012, 11:08 AM
#13
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFGames View Post
It's a fair way to put it yes

Also, for the questions about the 50 quests, it's indeed an infinite runner. You complete quests to "level up" - when you reach the highest level, you "restart" leveling up as "game +", with better gold reward for each level +.

Makes sense?
Perfect! Thanks!

DBC

I give up.
09-05-2012, 11:15 AM
#14
Instabuy + insta classic
09-05-2012, 11:17 AM
#15
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Forge World
Posts: 6,310
Anyone got a video or trailer for this? As it looks pretty cool and I might pick this up tonight when it hits the uk.
09-05-2012, 12:34 PM
#16
Joined: May 2010
Location: Deepest Circle, Hell
Posts: 6,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFGames View Post
Yes, we had realized the size could be considered a large size for this type of game.
And we have tried to compress the game as much as we could to get to the smallest possible size, without starting to lose visual quality.

All textures for the characters and environments are High Resolution. You got to remember that the game is in full 3d, animations/models take a very large amount of space.
We also have original orchestral music for all levels. Mb after mb, it adds up quickly.
We could have made it smaller, but the textures would have been lower resolutions, animations not as fluid, a single music for the whole game, and no voice overs.

A tradeoff we had to make.
I really don't blame you, and personally I think sacrificing your artistic vision in order for the game to take less space would have been a very stupid move, so kudos to you for sticking with your guns. Sorta swaying me the other way now.

Might I ask what the file size is uncompressed, if it's not too much of a hassle?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
09-05-2012, 12:43 PM
#17
Is there GC achievements or only leaderboards?
09-05-2012, 01:21 PM
#18
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 3,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Still unsure about this One. Especially since Infinity Blade: Dungeons is so, so close...
I gotta agree with that comment.
09-05-2012, 01:31 PM
#19
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Still unsure about this One. Especially since Infinity Blade: Dungeons is so, so close...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
I gotta agree with that comment.
This game sounds like it's going to be completely different than IB: Dungeons though. Mix of a runner and hack n' slash. Should be interesting. Anxious to hear some impressions.
09-05-2012, 02:06 PM
#20
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 3,168
Did a quick scrub of the thread and didn't pick up any mention of IAP. Is there any? If so, how pertinent is it to gameplay? Gameplay-wise, is it available for simply aesthetic upgrades or significant power-ups if one chooses not to grind through levels?

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy