Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-30-2012, 03:26 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
This might not be a bug but a limitation in the hardware. On my iPhone 4S, by wave 15, the action seems to move to fast to register all of my swipes. The rate that at which you get attacked by wave 15 requires constant swiping, and, even when I know I've swiped correctly, in time, I'm bound to get killed. The swipes are registering better since the update, but perhaps there is an upper limit of swipes per second per frame before the next animation when using the Unity engine?
Interesting that you point this out. I was actually thinking the same thing. I only have a 3GS and by wave 9, I start to feel like the swipes aren't always registering on time. And it may, indeed, be more of a limitation of the hardware and not the game itself. As you say, the update has greatly improved it, but it may be hardware limitations that cause some issues when it gets more hectic.

Not sure what else could be done in this department, except maybe to slow down the rate of attacks on older devices. Might not seem "fair" but it still actually may provide the same amount of challenge when it all balances out.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:14 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Interesting that you point this out. I was actually thinking the same thing. I only have a 3GS and by wave 9, I start to feel like the swipes aren't always registering on time. And it may, indeed, be more of a limitation of the hardware and not the game itself. As you say, the update has greatly improved it, but it may be hardware limitations that cause some issues when it gets more hectic.

Not sure what else could be done in this department, except maybe to slow down the rate of attacks on older devices. Might not seem "fair" but it still actually may provide the same amount of challenge when it all balances out.
Well, there is a bit of input lag, I believe...it's quite noticeable when you attemp to pick up items sometimes.

I have one more (for now) question: Is it currently possible to unlock the Haven Woods (I think that's the name), or the two topmost locations? I'm asking because I keep killing birds, keep leveling up, etc. I unlocked the other locations rather rapidly. Are they placeholders for a future update?
Old 09-30-2012, 07:00 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Okeedokeey, I'm late to this thread. If the equipment becomes permanent, then this suggestion is probably meaningless. I was just going to request the ability to turn on auto-equip for items of which you have multiples...since if you want to restart a battle in the current version, you can't use any equipment. You have to leave the battle and re-equip, which makes the current option to "restart battle" pretty useless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
The way i understand what the devs want to implement is kinda similar to this, where the equips get a durability count. If durability hits zero, the equip is "destroyed." If the durability's at least 5 runs, i wouldnt mind if i have to manually equip an armor again after 5 runs. Right now it does feels like a chore equipping after every run.
For the equipment, when it gets "destroyed", it will not unequip. You'll be able to still wear it but its bonus won't be active.
We thought it will be better to still have the "improved" visuals.
The intent is to see a status icon for each piece on the tombstone. We might, if we can link it easily, include a repair button somewhere on the tombstone screen, so you don't have to go back to equipment page though.
Just need to make something that doesn't look odd.

Quote:
Makes sense.

I have one, probably dumb question, and somewhat of a bug to report.

The dumb question regards shields. Does distance add to your score? Because, with the exception of quests which require you to travel x yards on a level, I don't really see the purpose of starting at a farther distance. Is the loot better? Does it help boost your score? Otherwise, you still start at wave one.

This might not be a bug but a limitation in the hardware. On my iPhone 4S, by wave 15, the action seems to move to fast to register all of my swipes. The rate that at which you get attacked by wave 15 requires constant swiping, and, even when I know I've swiped correctly, in time, I'm bound to get killed. The swipes are registering better since the update, but perhaps there is an upper limit of swipes per second per frame before the next animation when using the Unity engine?

Oh yeah, I just had one idea to add - how about replacing the function shields have with boots, and assigning the shields a new purpose? I was thinking shields could be used for auto-pickup of loot, either by distance, or x number of times.

Well, I think I have a better idea, but it would probably require more complicated changes. Maybe shields could activate a "bullet-time", slow-motion effect for x meters? Of course, the main problem is that you would want it to activate late in a run, not early...and there are no "activatable" items, unless you count rage potions. So I guess the ability to "turn on" an item with a command is not programmed into the game.

Anyway, cya later...got a game in progress. I'de throw the Dev some money, but I don't need gold...

I tell ya what (tell the developer, I mean) . When the game goes back to paid from free, I'll gift it to somebody.
Distance is tracked in leader board as well. It's another element for players to compete for, but, as you noted, you start at wave 1.
We are working on something about the shield/headstart bonus. Won't spoil it quite yet, until I have visuals to back it up.
At the moment, for really fast players, when you are in "headstart" mode, you can still tap the gold. But you got to be very quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post

Yes, game speeds up gradually wave after wave, and on lower end devices, it seems that there is a point where it's affecting more the user input.
I'm still planning to have the swipe gesture perfected and do more optimization so it plays better on these devices.

Quote:
Well, there is a bit of input lag, I believe...it's quite noticeable when you attemp to pick up items sometimes.

I have one more (for now) question: Is it currently possible to unlock the Haven Woods (I think that's the name), or the two topmost locations? I'm asking because I keep killing birds, keep leveling up, etc. I unlocked the other locations rather rapidly. Are they placeholders for a future update?
Haven Woods is not available in current version. We will have it unlocked on next update.

The 2 other levels are also part of future update. A Swamp, "hell's bog", and the beach front, "kracken's reach". Kraken's reach is the last level for West Kingdom.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:09 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFGames View Post
For the equipment, when it gets "destroyed", it will not unequip. You'll be able to still wear it but its bonus won't be active.
We thought it will be better to still have the "improved" visuals.
The intent is to see a status icon for each piece on the tombstone. We might, if we can link it easily, include a repair button somewhere on the tombstone screen, so you don't have to go back to equipment page though.

Distance is tracked in leader board as well. It's another element for players to compete for, but, as you noted, you start at wave 1.
We are working on something about the shield/headstart bonus. Won't spoil it quite yet, until I have visuals to back it up.
At the moment, for really fast players, when you are in "headstart" mode, you can still tap the gold. But you got to be very quick

Yes, game speeds up gradually wave after wave, and on lower end devices, it seems that there is a point where it's affecting more the user input.
I'm still planning to have the swipe gesture perfected and do more optimization so it plays better on these devices.

Haven Woods is not available in current version. We will have it unlocked on next update.

The 2 other levels are also part of future update. A Swamp, "hell's bog", and the beach front, "kracken's reach". Kraken's reach is the last level for West Kingdom.
Thanks a lot for answering my questions! Otherwise, I would be killing crows till kingdom come
Old 09-30-2012, 07:37 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Thanks a lot for answering my questions! Otherwise, I would be killing crows till kingdom come
They drop greater loot and the ankh though.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:12 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
We might, if we can link it easily, include a repair button somewhere on the tombstone screen, so you don't have to go back to equipment page though.
How about just a small image of a shield outline which is cracked from the top? Maybe include a hammer outline to it as well. Could make it a tomb stone engraving even if you want to get stylish And probably it should take you to the repair screen I guess. Hell, maybe open up a repair splash screen? Hmmmm.

Quote:
Kraken's reach is the last level for West Kingdom.
So, if I'm reading this right there's going to be another kingdom then?
Old 09-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthop View Post
How about just a small image of a shield outline which is cracked from the top? Maybe include a hammer outline to it as well. Could make it a tomb stone engraving even if you want to get stylish And probably it should take you to the repair screen I guess. Hell, maybe open up a repair splash screen? Hmmmm.
Yes, definitely want to get something done that fits the general look. But also need to make sure it's readable on Ipod Touch/Iphone device, so it can't be too small.
Another splash screen could be an option as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthop View Post
So, if I'm reading this right there's going to be another kingdom then?
That's correct. Future updates will bring new "continents", so we can add new locations, without cluttering the first battle map. It will be another battle map - intent being, you are in a different "camp".

But that's part of the long term update
Old 09-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisbee10461 View Post
1. How about giving the player the option of using an ankh or keeping it for another area? This way, it gives the player more control, rather than forcing the player to use it.

2. A guide here would be most helpful. For example, what are the various ranks you can achieve? I am presently a Royal Knight, but where does that fit, compared with other ranks? A list here would be great of the various ranks.

3. Also, is the list of quests to complete random, or do they follow a particular order? If they are not random, a list of these quests would be good, as well.

Great game, so consider these as suggestions to make a great game even better.
As promised, here is the list of ranks you can achieve. Depending on the quest completed, you get up to 3 daggers and each rank requires a certain amount of daggers to reach.

1. Recruit - Requires 3 daggers.
2. Soldier - Requires 5 daggers.
3. Mercenary - Requires 6 daggers.
4. Squire - Requires 8 daggers.
5. Warrior - Requires 10 daggers.
6. Knight - Requires 15 daggers.
7. Royal Knight - Requires 18 daggers.
8. Elite Knight - Requires 20 daggers.
9. King Slayer - Requires 25 daggers.
10. Emperor - Requires 30 daggers.

You got 3 more ranks before getting to New ranks +
Old 09-30-2012, 11:28 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
For me this is a bug. Higher end games do work without control issues and you're using hardware that was top notch till a few weeks ago, just like my iPad 2 has about the same specs as the 4S (a little speedier processor) and the game is still failing to register swipes. That's unacceptable and shouldn't happen even on the iPhone 3GS if the dev states that the game is compatible with the device.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:04 PM

I have to admit, I love it when game creators are around to listen to feedback.

Just downloaded the update, and it's a lot more responsive! Thanks!

The game's been fun to play during work commute, particularly after a rough day. Looking forward to the new levels and improvements.