Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by valdeto View Post
Is there GC achievements or only leaderboards?
Yes, 4 leaderboards and 21 GC achievements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I really don't blame you, and personally I think sacrificing your artistic vision in order for the game to take less space would have been a very stupid move, so kudos to you for sticking with your guns. Sorta swaying me the other way now.

Might I ask what the file size is uncompressed, if it's not too much of a hassle?
Just a "little" bit bigger... Under the 200mb size.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Did a quick scrub of the thread and didn't pick up any mention of IAP. Is there any? If so, how pertinent is it to gameplay? Gameplay-wise, is it available for simply aesthetic upgrades or significant power-ups if one chooses not to grind through levels?
IAPs are definitely optional. Everything can be purchased with gold that you earn as you play.
And Gameplay wise, the "power-ups" (equipments), also improve your experience: more gold picked up, longer "bloodlust" mode (score multiplier), increased score multiplier, headstart, etc.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:13 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFGames View Post
IAPs are definitely optional. Everything can be purchased with gold that you earn as you play.
And Gameplay wise, the "power-ups" (equipments), also improve your experience: more gold picked up, longer "bloodlust" mode (score multiplier), increased score multiplier, headstart, etc.
Thanks for the quick reply. Looking forward to its launch in the US. The price point is approachable. Is this an introductory price?

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 09-05-2012 at 02:48 PM..
Old 09-05-2012, 02:32 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Just a "little" bit bigger... Under the 200mb size.
Ahhh, see...now that's reasonable. I don't know why I assumed it would probably blow up to 500mb.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Yes, we had realized the size could be considered a large size for this type of game.
And we have tried to compress the game as much as we could to get to the smallest possible size, without starting to lose visual quality.

All textures for the characters and environments are High Resolution. You got to remember that the game is in full 3d, animations/models take a very large amount of space.
We also have original orchestral music for all levels. Mb after mb, it adds up quickly.
We could have made it smaller, but the textures would have been lower resolutions, animations not as fluid, a single music for the whole game, and no voice overs.

A tradeoff we had to make.
Assuming that the file would be smaller if it wasn't universal for the new iPad. I just don't have enough space to waste on pixels I'll never see
Old 09-05-2012, 04:30 PM

This game looks fun, the TA plays article wasn't too flattering but I think its worth a try. Games are getting larger these days as they take advantage of iPad3 display, tech sure does move fast
Old 09-05-2012, 07:55 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I'll need to see a longer video to see more of the game. As it is now I feel I would get bored really fast. Are there boss fights at certain points or do you just walk and swipe to perform what seems like a small number of moves?
Old 09-05-2012, 09:12 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I finally got the chance to play this game after testing out Drakerider, Avengers Initiative and Wild Blood.

I am quite happy with most of the things in this game, but there are things which i find odd.

For one, the visuals. They are obviously top-notch, as everyone have seen on the videos. Animations are so varied you wont feel like he's just doing that same animation over and over.

For those who arent still clear as to what this game is, it is a runner game, with some very original concept that doesnt make it look like one, but it is of a runner variety. Basically, you follow the direction to swipe into in order to proceed. Kinda like dance dance revo, but with swipes instead of stepping on your idevice. LOL

On the downside, it's always swipe>animation>swipe>animation loop. I was actually hoping for 4 people telling you to swipe up, up, left, down and then 4 enemies come at you and you slice and dice each one of them.

But for what the devs have made here, it is actually enjoyable for me.

As for items, only the armors are permanent purchases. Everything else is consumable. Weapons give you score multipliers, helms give you gold gained multiplier, and the shields give you a headstart. The shields are a weird implementation, like how do shields let you speed up to a certain distance? Maybe if you were running faster at teh start while shield bashing enemies along the way, that would make more sense.

All in all im enjoying the game, and I think this has a lot of potential. Im keeping this one for sure, but i wont rank it yet with today's best runners.

EDIT: Oh god I just found something i didnt like. Swiping in the wrong direction is instant death. How the f*** do you die when there isnt any enemy around? Please update this to let the next enemy get to you and actually kill you with their weapon if you swipe wrong. This is seriously looking too rushed if something like this is on the final product.

Not too happy about the death part when you swipe wrong.

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 09-05-2012 at 09:26 PM..
Old 09-05-2012, 09:17 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I finally got the chance to play this game after testing out Drakerider, Avengers Initiative and Wild Blood.

I am quite happy with most of the things in this game, but there are things which i find odd.

For one, the visuals. They are obviously top-notch, as everyone have seen on the videos. Animations are so varied you wont feel like he's just doing that same animation over and over.

For those who arent still clear as to what this game is, it is a runner game, with some very original concept that doesnt make it look like one, but it is of a runner variety. Basically, you follow the direction to swipe into in order to proceed. Kinda like dance dance revo, but with swipes instead of stepping on your idevice. LOL

On the downside, it's always swipe>animation>swipe>animation loop. I was actually hoping for 4 people telling you to swipe up, up, left, down and then 4 enemies come at you and you slice and dice each one of them.

As for items, only the armors are permanent purchases. Everything else is consumable. Weapons give you score multipliers, helms give you gold gained multiplier, and the shields give you a headstart. The shields are a weird implementation, like how do shields let you speed up to a certain distance? Maybe if you were running faster at teh start while shield bashing enemies along the way, that would make more sense.

All in all im enjoying the game, and I think this has a lot of potential. Im keeping this one for sure, but i wont rank it yet with today's best runners.
How would you rate it based on hack 'n' slash definition?
Old 09-05-2012, 09:18 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post

I could use a great pure hack 'n' slash for my new ipad3!!!

Last edited by bigrand1; 09-05-2012 at 09:21 PM..