★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-31-2012, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoghann View Post
Yeah the crow is awesome. To me it sufficed with the crowing, that's how I know to get ready to tap him. I didn't really need the sparkling. But it's alright!

Bugs sound like a pretty neat addon!

Would animals per region be too much?
Forest, Desert, Mountain animals, etc.
Scorpion/rattlesnake/vulture for Burning Sands
Wolf/fox in Frost Wind Pass,
Eagles/hawks/falcons or even a rabbit in Crow's landing.
Thats what I had in the original game design White Fox in Frost Wind, scorpions in desert, etc...

We just ran out of time...

But... this will be done, one day...

There are still some MAJOR things that I want to add, which I'll keep "secret" for now.
10-31-2012, 05:53 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 19,889
While playing the game, I've always dreamt about parrying an attack with the sword, and spinning backfist with the shield on the enemy's face...

...or ducking a high slash and rising up, punching with the shield edge on the enemy's throat. Then the enemy drops his weapon and shield holds his throat, and crumple stuns til he falls down.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

10-31-2012, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
While playing the game, I've always dreamt about parrying an attack with the sword, and spinning backfist with the shield on the enemy's face...

...or ducking a high slash and rising up, punching with the shield edge on the enemy's throat. Then the enemy drops his weapon and shield holds his throat, and crumple stuns til he falls down.
We had very similar animations recorded with motion capture - the fight coordinator who performed the fighting moves has choreographed a lot of battle sequences for big Hollywood movies, Troy, Sherlock Holmes, Dark Knight, to name a few... The leap Thrust is from Troy

Unfortunately, due to time constraint again, we never got the chance to clean/add these in the game...
Which is quite a shame...
10-31-2012, 07:45 PM
Joined: May 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,300
That leap thrust. I think they call it "estocada" in bull fighting was my favorite move in Troy. when he kills the big dude with it. Neat.

Really excited to know you guys have a lot of extra stuff for future updates!

The arrows. How does that work? Is it automatic?
10-31-2012, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoghann View Post
That leap thrust. I think they call it "estocada" in bull fighting was my favorite move in Troy. when he kills the big dude with it. Neat.

Really excited to know you guys have a lot of extra stuff for future updates!

The arrows. How does that work? Is it automatic?
Arrows Storm? It is automatic at the moment - after you do the correct swipe, the hero protects himself behind the shield.

Fight in the shade
10-31-2012, 08:28 PM
Joined: May 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFGames View Post
Arrows Storm? It is automatic at the moment - after you do the correct swipe, the hero protects himself behind the shield.

Fight in the shade
At the moment? Will you incorporate a different gesture mechanic to activate it?

Do you happen to have a shield bash,kick to the chest, stab enemy while he's in the ground mocap by any chance? It would look pretty nifty.

Stupid phone keeps posting before I'm done.

You know how in guitar hero you can dress your char, pose him and snapshot him? Would it be a big deal to have that option? I know it doesnt really add to the game, just throwing an idea out there. I'd love to have a screenshot with the new iron helmet coming up. (it's in the Halloween update)?

Last edited by Eoghann; 10-31-2012 at 08:34 PM.
10-31-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoghann View Post
That leap thrust. I think they call it "estocada" in bull fighting was my favorite move in Troy. when he kills the big dude with it. Neat.

Really excited to know you guys have a lot of extra stuff for future updates!

The arrows. How does that work? Is it automatic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoghann View Post
At the moment? Will you incorporate a different gesture mechanic to activate it?
Been thinking about it - some kind of "tap tap tap" to build up a multiplier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoghann View Post
Do you happen to have a shield bash,kick to the chest, stab enemy while he's in the ground mocap by any chance? It would look pretty nifty.
As a matter of fact, yes, we did record some animations when you kill the enemies on the ground. They were to be used during the "score" summary screen: an invader tries to grab you, you kick him in the head or stab him, etc.
But we're kind of having a hard time retrieving those...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoghann View Post
You know how in guitar hero you can dress your char, pose him and snapshot him? Would it be a big deal to have that option? I'd love to have a screenshot with the new iron helmet coming up. (it's in the Halloween update)?
I'll talk to the programmer if it's something that could be added. "Simple" (it's never as simple as I want it to be...) integration will be to have a button on the equipment window that zooms the portrait frame full screen.
11-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Date for Upgrade?

Hello, all:

Does anyone have a date as to when this fantastic upgrade is going to be released?

Thanks,
frisbee10461

Beast Quest: 31/35 Quests Completed
AdVenture Capitalist: Trillionaire
11-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisbee10461 View Post
Hello, all:

Does anyone have a date as to when this fantastic upgrade is going to be released?

Thanks,
frisbee10461
Soon We're waiting for approval to build back up some exposure for the game.
11-09-2012, 12:40 PM
There Be... Dragons

Hi everyone,

While this won't be in next update (coming Nov 15th !!), I thought I'll share already what we have planned to do to justify the shield head start...

When "head-start" is triggered, instead of having the Warrior running alone on the field, a dragon will fly above him, spitting fire as if it is opening a path ahead. When distance is reached, he'll fly away.

You'll be able to purchase different dragon's as well, so you can have a bit of personalization. Each unique dragons will spit different fire, on top of being visually different.

This is what it will look like, but it's still work in progress. Still tweaking the fire so it doesn't kill framerate. And the dragon is not final...



Quick question though: will you prefer to buy dragons directly, meaning they are all available from start to purchase, or first, find an egg within the levels to unlock them?