★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Wisercat Software OU
  • Genre: Dice
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 181.9 MB
  • Version: 1.658
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Urgent Update!

Due to our brand new title Game Master arrival at Kickstarter for the entirety of the campaign, the highly acclaimed Demons vs. Wizards card game is to be distributed FREE! The change is effective immediately so spread the word!

A long time ago, when dragons were still flying above the castles When true knights were often fighting for damsels in distress When magic was not just a word from some old and dusty fantasy book Back at that time the game called Demons vs. Wizards was popular in many taverns scattered across realms, which are long forgotten nowadays. As magic and sword duels were forbidden in most of the inns and taverns, this magic card duel game was the only way to settle the scores with an annoying young wizard, some bully stranger or even a travelling demon.

Demons vs. Wizards is a 5-10 minute turn-based card and dice game. It is so simple that even a small kid can play it without reading a complicated manual. You can either challenge your friends, or beat the computer controlled opponent to test your luck for today. Two players can play on the same screen, so it truly feels like a real tabletop card game.

Simple and easy

Start playing without even reading the rules! The game is suitable for all ages. Each duel lasts for 5-10 minutes, but theres no doubt you will want more.

Fantasy Atmosphere

Beautiful fantasy atmosphere and music make you feel like playing a real magic card game on a real table in a real fantasy tavern.

Two players on the same screen

No hiding your cards or screen from the opponent! No passing the device and waiting for your turn. Multiple devices are not needed!

Beautiful Retina Graphics

Highly detailed crafted cards make you feel as if you hold the real printed magic cards. The cards are equally beautiful on all iPads and astonishingly sharp on the new retina display.

Real Dices

Dices and coin look realistic, and you can even use them this way by simply pressing on them for any other purpose.

Take a look at our gameplay video: http://youtu.be/3kMdLswtIbs
09-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Another wicked looking game that I can add to my 'wish it had an iPhone version' list...

09-05-2012, 08:11 AM
Damn, I wish I had an iPad. This game looks bad ass.
09-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Nicely implemented game and looks great but the AI is very basic - haven't yet lost a game against it.

Also not quite sure why it says, after every game, "One more strike to secure the win?" yes/no

Because if you say no it just quits to the menu and if you say yes, it plays another game - but winning that gives you the same prompt - so "one more strike" just doesn't secure the win at all...

Despite these problems it's a promising game and if the AI were tightened up it might be quite interesting.

09-05-2012, 08:02 PM
How many forms of magic or wizards can you play as? I hope it isn't too basic. Is there any strategic decisions or is it blatantly obvious which choices should be made each turn?
09-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Online? IAPs?
09-05-2012, 09:42 PM
I'm not totally sure on this one, but I think the plural of dice is die not dices.
09-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post
I'm not totally sure on this one, but I think the plural of dice is die not dices.
Heh heh, no, the plural is dice. The singular is die. Dices is not a word.

In any case, yeah, the game looks interesting - great looking graphics. Interesting that it states it can be played by any age. I've been wanting to get my 5 year old daughter into card games, but the ones I play (Ascension, Dominion, etc.) are all too complicated for her. I may have to try this just for that reason. A video would be nice...
09-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Really nice presentation, but people should know going in that this is not MTG-style deck-building game. Currently, the space of possibility each turn is fairly limited: do x damage, random chance to do y damage, heal, armor penetration, and little else.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
09-06-2012, 12:57 AM
Fixed decks (2), no IAP, no online.

Just a nicely done but basic and easy game.