★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dungeon Defenders By Trendy Entertainment

09-05-2012, 01:43 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Dungeon Defenders By Trendy Entertainment

Last edited by goiMot; 09-06-2012 at 08:05 AM.
09-06-2012, 08:19 AM
looks awesome i will have to download it

09-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Will this game lag on 2011 Macbook air 4gb ram 128gb?

Can someone confirm the cost of the IAP(characters + quest) in this game?
09-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc89 View Post
Will this game lag on 2011 Macbook air 4gb ram 128gb?

Can someone confirm the cost of the IAP(characters + quest) in this game?
Those specs look fine to me.

The prices of the DLCs are identical to their Steam counterparts. Check out the Steam marketplace prices for comparison's sake.

Josh Isom
Community Manager
Trendy Entertainment
09-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by visionwebs View Post
If I wasn't keeping my money for gof2 iPad I would use my credit on this.

Didn't get into this game on the iPad but I can see it working MUCH better on MacBook!
It is a whole different beast on the Mac/PC/Console. the ios version doesn't even have 10% of the content of those versions.
09-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Thanks guys!

What about the camera though? Is it hard to control like the iPad?

Got an iTunes card today I can get this and still wait for the other game if this is nice to control!
The game is freaking awesome in both versions (mobile and console) but the reason of why this game didn't was successful is because it's freaking buggy
09-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfield View Post
The game is freaking awesome in both versions (mobile and console) but the reason of why this game didn't was successful is because it's freaking buggy
@@ You do realize that the definitive and most popular/successful version of the game is the PC version? (I am guessing that the osx version will be similar)

I didn't have a problem with the camera view...the keyboard & mouse combo makes it easy to navigate. To be honest you will probably have to purchase most if not all the dlcs to stay competitive. A lot of the top tier weapons/pets have to be farmed from the dlc maps and challenges.

Last edited by violentv; 09-09-2012 at 07:05 AM.
09-09-2012, 10:16 PM
I really want this game but I think i should wait until all the bugs have been fixed... Its a really good but laggy game on IOS.. Hey Dev, can u play multiplayer with OSX and IOS? That would be amazing! I will most likely buy this in the near future though
09-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Quote:
I'm paying online now for today,

brechnors game

Come and smash it down

Well 5 hours later and no one has joined my multiplayer game...
I have noticed the other games in the multiplayer list have all had 1/4 players for this time too...
(have been checking)
What is this? I'm clearly not the only person having a problem.

Other people are playing this on line yet I can see no evidence of a successful group though.

Cant believe no one has tried connecting to any ones game all this time.

Seems like a majour bug to me.

I didnt exactly buy it for the single player experience

Dissapointing after such good first impressions!
erm..never had any problems finding players the last time I played(2 months ago). http://forums.trendyent.com/ . I mean at any one time there are 200-300 people browsing through the official forums. Play ranked games using trendynet instead of gamespy! Gamespy games are populated by hackers and pirates.

Last edited by violentv; 09-09-2012 at 11:15 PM.
09-09-2012, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by violentv View Post
@@ You do realize that the definitive and most popular/successful version of the game is the PC version? (I am guessing that the osx version will be similar)

I didn't have a problem with the camera view...the keyboard & mouse combo makes it easy to navigate. To be honest you will probably have to purchase most if not all the dlcs to stay competitive. A lot of the top tier weapons/pets have to be farmed from the dlc maps and challenges.
Sorry for not being clear, i was talking about the mobile version.

The console version it's pretty awesome indeed, was the first game i bought in the XBLA