★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: TriColor is Out (Only $1.99)

06-08-2009, 04:00 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
TriColor is Out (Only $0.99)

TriColor
[AppStore link, $0.99]
[AppStore link, Lite version]

Youtube link | Pop Up

Prove you are the best!

Get the highest score in this addicting game and publish in online ladder, or just relax and play the famous gameplay.

TriColor i a new match-3 game and is very popular among that genre.
The base gameplay is to build the straight lines of same colored blocks by dropping and rotating the colored figures.
The main feature of score system is bonuses. Bonus is given for matching more than 1 colored lines or chains of lines.
The number of bonus scores depends on number of lines matched and the chain length.

Features:
1. Graphics skins
2. Online ladder
3. Famous gameplay
4. Graphical effects
5. High replayability
6. Finger and buttons controls

Come beat the world in online ladder!

Screenshots:

Last edited by DigY; 06-30-2009 at 09:06 AM.
06-10-2009, 07:26 AM
Cmon, leave some comments who tried the game.

06-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Do the shapes get more complex or are the never more than 3 blocks? I'm assuming the ONLY change in higher difficulties is drop speed or are extra colors added as well?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-11-2009, 12:49 AM
The goal is to get the highest score by combining the chains of matches.
It is cool to see the 8 or 10 chained matches and score rockets high.
I always play it when coming to work in morning
My record is 233 000 \m/
06-11-2009, 01:37 AM
Are you the dev? And what makes this game different from the other 724 variations of the genre?
06-11-2009, 01:54 AM
It very addicting and nice to play, also resembles some other famous gameplay
06-11-2009, 10:07 AM
I finally caved in and took the plunge...and I have to say, while the game doesn't promise anything amazingly original or flashy, it delivers in solid gameplay.

If not already clear from the video, this game borrows from both classics Columns and Tetris. The Columns comes in since clearing blocks requires you to line up at least three same colored blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally and Tetris since these pieces come in many various 1-3 block shapes the player is free to rotate around. Also, just like it's forefathers, the challenge of later levels is a combination of trying to navigate through all of the left over debris of unmatched pieces as well as the increasing fall speed of incoming pieces.

Like Columns, the key to big scoring is to make longer than 3 piece matches as well as creating cascades of matches for huge point multipliers.

Something I also really appreciated is that, unlike most games where the player has to choose their preferred control style in preferences, this game lets you freely intermix touch and button controls all at once. Like, when the speed picks up you may want to utilize the "move left" button's precision but are willing to provide your own down swipe to send it to the bottom.

What I also found interesting and maybe a little different from similar puzzlers is how the blocks drop to fill in gaps (or more precisely, sometimes don't). As best as I understand it so far individual blocks only fall when blocks underneath them are removed. So if you make some horizontal match which ends up leaving a lone block off to the side floating unsupported, it will simply stay floating. I think this mechanic, if nothing else, makes creating diagonals a key to huge chains.

I think I can safely give this 4 stars, personally. Nothing terribly innovative but what it does do it does well without a lot of fluff.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-15-2009, 06:13 AM
06-15-2009, 07:04 AM
I bought this and generally like it, but it's a bit hit and miss with the controls. It also says you can use the buttons, but there's no button for rotate so it ends up feeling a bit of a mixed mess of a control system.
06-15-2009, 08:38 AM
Rotating is done via touching the game field in any spot.