★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: IQ Mission

09-06-2012, 07:44 AM
IQ Mission

Has anyone played this? Looks really interesting to me but always a little wary when there are zero reviews and no mention of it here.

Got lost on my way to GameFAQs...
GID: stlredbird
09-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Game Impressions

I bought it yesterday when I saw it on Apptracker. I figured it would be a good game when The Curse recently came out. I was pretty disappointed.

There's 8 different puzzle types, with 16 of each type. Each puzzle type is playable from the start, except you can only start with the first of each kind and move to the next on clearing. They talk about 8 locations to visit, though this wound up being another way of asking "what kind of puzzle you want?" Some puzzles are really familiar. *Yawn*

Sliding tikis: they move until they land in a hole, hit a wall, or land in the bed of nails. Holes are color coded so everything has to hit the proper hole.

Kaleidoscope: Drag a bunch of shapes and move them around in the light beam. This seems to require perfect precision to replicate and it's very hard IMO on a small screen to do. I was able to complete the first puzzle.

Another sliding puzzle, everything is restricted to their own row/column. Have to get the target object out of the room. Completely original!

Dice puzzle: each die has a limited number of moves. I found the white dice can move a space or drag other dice together. Yellow dice can jump over other dice. I don't know how many other colors there are, but hopefully a good enough idea of mechanics.

Line drawing: you have to trace every line there is.

Disk puzzle: rotate the pieces to match the pattern.

Gem puzzle: here you have to figure out which color/design remains fully exposed, and cover everything else with blocks that can rotate.

Building puzzle: it's slither link! Make a closed loop around the board, the numbers give a hint as to the lines, I mean walls to put around it.

There didn't seem to be much of a story at all. It's just puzzles. I actually liked a few of the puzzles, and I don't recall the gem puzzle presented like it was. The Kaleidoscope is evil! with damn perfection needed. I didn't see any IAP. I also didn't see any hints available.

I didn't care for IQ. I deleted the app the same day I bought it. If you like these kind of puzzles, check it out. I personally recommend The Curse if you want to have a puzzle game like this one.
09-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the review! I may pass in this one.

Got lost on my way to GameFAQs...
GID: stlredbird
09-08-2012, 03:24 AM
I don't think this is a good decision. IQ Mission is a very good game, I play this game 2 days, and I think it's better then The Curse which is non-intuitive interface and more arcade games, not logical and it's better The Heist too because it has much harder challenges. Maybe not all puzzle you like it, but in these type of games there is always something you like, and something not. I recommend IQ Mission it's really challenge for brain, and good fun.