★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Have anyone used Appsfire with success?

09-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Have anyone used Appsfire with success?

Hi guys,

we have been trying to find some great promotion tools for our new iPhone app that will be released later this month, and have been in touch with several networks.

One of them was Appsfire

We had an email discussion about pricing and their reach, with the following outcome:

Pricing:

1) A global package that delivers a min. of 55k clicks for $11k
2) A US+EU package of min 40k clicks for $8k.

I then asked specifically for information about downloads and stats.

They told me that I should expect around 6k downloads from the $11k package (for a free app)!

In my mind that just sounds ridicules. Have read some mixed stories about services like FAAD, but nothing as bad as 6k downloads.

Have any of you had experience with Appsfire?

Thanks

We Got Pixels Try out Mathfeud for iOS! Download Mathfeud
09-06-2012, 08:55 PM
That's terrible.

You should be able to get that amount on your own.

09-07-2012, 12:56 AM
Answering in details

Hi WeGotPixels, this is Ouriel Ohayon, Appsfire cofounder. I do remember you getting in touch and i believe our team has rapidly provided you the context of how we operate.

I don't know if i should assume you know how the ad market for apps operate, but i will assume you don't so other readers of this thread also learn of why and how we work with app developers...

First our solutions is appreciated by many top developers. I will refer you to many testimonies published here (we did not put a gun on their head to write this, i promise)

But to be frank our solution does not work or is inappropriate to many apps too. For example some apps are so good they don 't need promotion at all. Some are so bad, they should not or never be promoted (this is why we created the app score which showcases the quality of an app into appsfire). Finally sometimes, it is true our solution does not work even if your app is great either because it s been already heavily promoted, or because it does not fit our audience

Appsfire has built a very engaged community of users interested in downloading apps (run a live search on twitter on appsfire and find out how...then compare to any app discovery service...). Our app is highly ranked (right now top 100 free apps in the US, top 5 utility iphone/ipad). And highly rated (over 10 000 5 star ratings). We re not another "discovery service". We try to build one of the best.

Therefore we do not "sell" ads based on CPI on based on the price of a clicks. You will find and endless number of networks providing you great ways to buys cheap downloads. And you should try them

What we provide is a way to accelerate your download curve in

1. 24h (not a week or a month)
2. non incentivized ways
3. in context (meaning people really interested in new apps)
4. uncluttered way (we only promote 1 app a day, not 3, not 10, not 200)
5. transparent way: we provide full reporting of when and how your app was exposed (unlike many other ad solutions) - which is a critical parameter

Our solution is priced as a premium network. We don 't sell installs. we sell quality installs.

If you are interested in Installs only please consult all the ad networks out there which can provide tens of thousands of installs for a very cheap price

This being said our prices are not that "insane". The average price of a new download for a free app are anywhere between 1.5$ and 2.5$. There are many articles confirming that

If you learn more about this market you will find out that our solution has a solid footprint in the industry.

What i would suggest is that you try as many channels as possible, including free and paid channels and see what works and what does not

Never forget to measure the quality of the source of your installations. Do not consider just the CPI, you will go blind.

When you do that, and when you feel ready talk to us again

Hope this helps

Ouriel Ohayon
Appsfire

Last edited by OurielOhayon; 09-07-2012 at 12:59 AM.
09-07-2012, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurielOhayon View Post
Hi WeGotPixels, this is Ouriel Ohayon, Appsfire cofounder. I do remember you getting in touch and i believe our team has rapidly provided you the context of how we operate.

I don't know if i should assume you know how the ad market for apps operate, but i will assume you don't so other readers of this thread also learn of why and how we work with app developers...

First our solutions is appreciated by many top developers. I will refer you to many testimonies published here (we did not put a gun on their head to write this, i promise)

But to be frank our solution does not work or is inappropriate to many apps too. For example some apps are so good they don 't need promotion at all. Some are so bad, they should not or never be promoted (this is why we created the app score which showcases the quality of an app into appsfire). Finally sometimes, it is true our solution does not work even if your app is great either because it s been already heavily promoted, or because it does not fit our audience

Appsfire has built a very engaged community of users interested in downloading apps (run a live search on twitter on appsfire and find out how...then compare to any app discovery service...). Our app is highly ranked (right now top 100 free apps in the US, top 5 utility iphone/ipad). And highly rated (over 10 000 5 star ratings). We re not another "discovery service". We try to build one of the best.

Therefore we do not "sell" ads based on CPI on based on the price of a clicks. You will find and endless number of networks providing you great ways to buys cheap downloads. And you should try them

What we provide is a way to accelerate your download curve in

1. 24h (not a week or a month)
2. non incentivized ways
3. in context (meaning people really interested in new apps)
4. uncluttered way (we only promote 1 app a day, not 3, not 10, not 200)
5. transparent way: we provide full reporting of when and how your app was exposed (unlike many other ad solutions) - which is a critical parameter

Our solution is priced as a premium network. We don 't sell installs. we sell quality installs.

If you are interested in Installs only please consult all the ad networks out there which can provide tens of thousands of installs for a very cheap price

This being said our prices are not that "insane". The average price of a new download for a free app are anywhere between 1.5$ and 2.5$. There are many articles confirming that

If you learn more about this market you will find out that our solution has a solid footprint in the industry.

What i would suggest is that you try as many channels as possible, including free and paid channels and see what works and what does not

Never forget to measure the quality of the source of your installations. Do not consider just the CPI, you will go blind.

When you do that, and when you feel ready talk to us again

Hope this helps

Ouriel Ohayon
Appsfire
Hi Ouriel,

thanks for your response and for your participation in the debate.

I know how the market for apps operate. I also know that most of the testimonials on your LinkedIn page that you link to, are for regular apps, not games. That is why I asked users here on Touch Arcade to share their experience (since thins is a game development forum).

Downloads in the game category are way more frequent than apps in other categories (but you hopefully already know that). And that is why I question if 6k downloads are worth $11k, and what other developers think about the service. I might be wrong, that is why I ask.

I also know that user acquisition price has increased, and your price/download ration might be a result from that.

I compare your service with FAAD because I have read some treads from developers that have had great success with their services (but also some bad).

Just to be clear, I do not think your service is a scam, we are just trying to find the best promotional tool for our app marketing.

Thanks,

- Christian

We Got Pixels Try out Mathfeud for iOS! Download Mathfeud
09-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurielOhayon View Post
I'd like to see these articles.

In our recent free promotions we were looking at between $0.047 per install and $0.062. I know of other devs who would say that even the price we paid was high.

Looking for a writer? PM me

Game Designer of:
Family Feud Matches Gaming with a side of Matchmaking!
Family Feud 2 My First Huge Apple Feature!
Pickpawcket
And more!
09-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Hi Christian, thanks for your answer

Actually the large majority of our customers are games (but less and less), and many testimonials in linkedin are from game developers (grey area, song pop,...)

Anyways our prices have always been and will probably always be high - because of the focus we put on quality in everything we do.

Unlike some providers we have a very consistent, uniform pricing policy and deliver very consistent results

Again, it may be good you try a few networks out there and then come to us, when you are more aware about what s going on in this market

Good luck with your new app, Hope it will succeed. Without us.

Ouriel Ohayon
Appsfire
09-07-2012, 07:52 PM
Blakcharon - the critical questions are not how much you paid but
1. what volume did you get for this price in 24h ?
2. Was this incentivized or not?

It is very easy to buy cheap. It is very hard to buy good users in a significant volume.

here is a link to what i was referring to. http://www.insidemobileapps.com/2012...on-costs-rise/
09-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Quotes you are mentioning are correct for an non-incentivised burst campaign, but I don't understand why are sold as CPC rather than CPI ?
If your customers can't track the users (or they can through your CPC campaign?) they can't judge their 'quality'.
09-08-2012, 01:07 AM
StaggerLee cpc or CPI do not matter. Eventually all our customers get install reports transparently unlike most networks. We actually invented openudid who helped bringing more transparency and efficiency in tracking

We chosed cpc because this is what we thought was most appropriate to our premium positioning. But we could have priced CPI ...
09-10-2012, 08:40 AM
i have hit 10K downloads for NewtonApples over 2 days by hitting forums and free app a day sites. prob spent like my time n effort?? + US$500 for the odd here n there advertising.

for my next game betterletter, i got OpenFeint to promote my app for free but that resulted in 1K downloads but no other marketing.

So maybe its better to go out on yer own n market