★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: smackBOTS out in the appstore!

06-08-2009, 06:40 PM
smackBOTS out in the appstore!

Hey guys

Just want to share this great news that our game, smackBOTS, got approved sunday night (just before WWDC) and we crashed WWDC to promote our game and so far, everyone we've talked to is loving the game so much that they purchased it on the spot through appstore.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=317712756&mt=8

Co-Founder/ IPhone Game Programmer
LeftRight Studios | LeftRight Studios Game Videos | Our iPhone Games: smackBOTS (Free) Top 100 App | KatchUp
06-08-2009, 07:09 PM
waaassssaaaaaapppp!!!!

06-08-2009, 07:14 PM
I like how Derek Burgess (a member of your development team) had this to say:
"Great game, fun music and awesome graphics! Can't wait for multiplayer!! Keep us updated!"
With a 5 star rating on iTunes.

I don't care if devs rate their apps, but to act like he is a typical consumer, that's shilling and unethical.

I am now left to assume that the other 4 5-star ratings on there are from you and family. In fact, I know one of them is from family, because his username has "burgess" in it as well.

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper

Last edited by VoodooVyper; 06-08-2009 at 07:19 PM.
06-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Yeah I noticed this as well.

Add me on Plus/OpenFeint/Gamecenter/Crystal: redsoxsrule424
Moderator at Com2uS' forums: http://global.com2us.com/forums
Moderator in IMO: [-MD-]soxrock424 in Siras, on Wadangka!
06-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Haha. We're just playing around with the review and see how fast reviews get posted. Definitely wanted to say that we were having too much fun at wwdc. Anyway the other reviews were not related to us other the burgesses.

Co-Founder/ IPhone Game Programmer
LeftRight Studios | LeftRight Studios Game Videos | Our iPhone Games: smackBOTS (Free) Top 100 App | KatchUp
06-08-2009, 07:55 PM
hahaha! This is great. I was testing how long it takes reviews to appear and was joking around with someone about leaving overlly excited reviews. I guess it is unethical, but is it really that bad?

Peace
06-08-2009, 07:59 PM
I personally don't like it when devs do that either....kinda makes you not even consider their app anymore. That's just me though.
06-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
I personally don't like it when devs do that either....kinda makes you not even consider their app anymore. That's just me though.
I don't know why it makes you not consider their game. Every dev does it in some form or another. It's not really a big deal at all
06-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek LeftRight View Post
but is it really that bad?
It's definitely shady. If a developer has to write fake, overly excited reviews to help sales rather than have the game sell itself, tells us that maybe the game isn't worth purchasing.

This is a popular thing in the AppStore and it's something that devs can easily get away with (assuming their iTunes name has no relation to their real name or company name.

Sure, you told the few viewers that read this thread that those reviews are 'jokes', but what about the other thousands of potential customers who read them and will likely be swayed by them?

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper
06-08-2009, 08:03 PM
It's like voting for yourself in a class election. It's something that you should do if you get the chance/option to. Doesn't matter much, sounds good to me I think I saw this in an upcoming game thread.