★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: New Game - Particle Pong

06-08-2009, 08:53 PM
New Game - Particle Pong

Hi there. I've just signed up as I have now joined the club of those with a game in the app store!

I'm normally a flash game builder but have been getting dirty with the unity3d game engine which is a pretty nice transitional step into the deep dark world of iphone game dev!

Anyways, its really nice to join up here and here is my first iphone game for sale...

Particle Pong!

Not exactly rocket science I know, but it has some fun twists (I think) on the old arcade classic - multi ball, speed ups, opponent freezing, bigger bat.

And the link.....

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=318053907&mt=8

Its been a fun learning curve and I can't wait to make more!
06-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Welcome to the forums! Thanks for joining!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans

06-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Looks kewl. Glad to have you here.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
06-09-2009, 05:18 AM
First: Welcome to TA!

Secondly: Its currently 99 US-Cents.

Third some questions:
* Is it tilt or touch controled?
* Lite planned?
* gameplay video?
* Where did the 22Megs go into? Sound? Music? Unity?

Add me: GameCenter: Crypton72
Agon|CloudCell|GameloftLive!|OpenFeint|Plus+: Crypton
Proud Member of Touch Arcaders Against Piracy!
Follow me on Twitter!
06-09-2009, 05:55 AM
it is currently 99c, I thought Id see what happens if I tried to sell an app....
But you are right I should and shall record a gameplay video, thanks for the pointer. Did I make a mistake posting a commercial app here? If so I apologise.

As far as the size goes it does have a couple of music tracks, but a lot of it is unity... it has a pricing model where if you are an impoverished indie game developer ( enter moi ) you get the basic version that doesnt do all the luxurious stripping of extraneous crap....

So my grand master plan is to make a few little games, sell them and hope that I might make enough to upgrade to a big bad unity pro to make streamlined uber small, sexy apps that just make you want to go oooooo.

(Or hang my head in shame and spend the rest of my life making flash banners)
06-09-2009, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastone View Post
it is currently 99c, I thought Id see what happens if I tried to sell an app....
But you are right I should and shall record a gameplay video, thanks for the pointer. Did I make a mistake posting a commercial app here? If so I apologise.
Not at all! Devs who advertise their apps are always welcome, if they don't do bad things (read the FAQs in the Site and News section of this forum).

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastone View Post
As far as the size goes it does have a couple of music tracks, but a lot of it is unity... it has a pricing model where if you are an impoverished indie game developer ( enter moi ) you get the basic version that doesnt do all the luxurious stripping of extraneous crap....

So my grand master plan is to make a few little games, sell them and hope that I might make enough to upgrade to a big bad unity pro to make streamlined uber small, sexy apps that just make you want to go oooooo.

(Or hang my head in shame and spend the rest of my life making flash banners)
Hope it pays out for you! Will wait for the video to make a decision.

Add me: GameCenter: Crypton72
Agon|CloudCell|GameloftLive!|OpenFeint|Plus+: Crypton
Proud Member of Touch Arcaders Against Piracy!
Follow me on Twitter!
06-09-2009, 07:14 AM
This reminds me of Plasma Pong, which was an excellent twist on the genre. I might TOFTT this evening so wait for any impressions.

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!
06-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Looks like a nice time killer. Considering buying, but let's see that video first.
06-13-2009, 07:30 AM
Now FREE!

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
06-13-2009, 08:33 AM
I was just thinking last night that I really wanted a good Pong-like game for my iPod. Why is this free?

Galaxy Note 5, iPad Air 1

Last edited by Yagami_Light; 06-13-2009 at 08:58 AM.