★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

WORDPLAY - "Scrabble meets Tetris" - $1.99 -> $0.99

09-08-2012, 05:30 PM
WORDPLAY - "Scrabble meets Tetris" - $1.99 -> $0.99

Hey, Team Springy here. To help get the word out on our new social word game, we have it on sale this weekend for $0.99! If you like Words with Friends or Spell Tower, you will love WORDPLAY.

WORDPLAY is a new iOS game we made that combines crossword-style gameplay with an interesting gravity twist. Think Scrabble meets Tetris. Our goal with the game was to build a faster playing, beautifully modern crossword game. If you are looking for something different, give WORDPLAY a try.

** Note: WORDPLAY requires a Facebook login so you can find your friends. The app will never post to your wall.

Not ready to buy? Try WORDPLAY Free http://bit.ly/WordplayFree

WORDPLAY FEATURES

THE GAME - Simple to pick up, but delightfully deep.

SOCIAL - Two-player turn-based word game

GRAVITY! - Place one or many words anywhere on the board. Then you hit PLAY and watch your words score as they fall.

REAL-WORLD OPPONENTS - Play multiple simultaneous games against your Facebook friends or random opponents

STAY IN TOUCH - supports push notifications and in-game chat

MASTER THE GAME - includes Game Center leaderboards and achievements!

FOLLOW US OR SHARE FEEDBACK
https://www.facebook.com/WordplayApp
http://www.springyapps.com

ABOUT US
WORDPLAY was made with love by Springy, a two-man Indie game shop from Seattle. We hope you'll check it out!
09-09-2012, 01:36 PM
this game looks really good. kind of a spelltower feel [which is great]

but does this: "Note: WORDPLAY requires a Facebook login" mean you have to have FB a login to play this game?

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs

09-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filing Cabinet View Post

but does this: "Note: WORDPLAY requires a Facebook login" mean you have to have FB a login to play this game?
I avoid any type of games that require a paying customer to get a FB account. Why the extra hassle if your not at all interested? I just want to play the game.
So no sale.
09-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filing Cabinet View Post

Heyo, we have an update coming out in just a few days that will allow folks to play single player games without logging in. That'll allow you to try out the game without logging in. For multi-player gaming, we went with Facebook login first since that is the best way find your friends. The app doesn't request any Facebook permissions, so it can't post to your wall or access your info. We're definitely looking very seriously at alternative approaches to logging in in the near future.

I'll follow up on this thread as soon as the login-free experience comes out this week.

Sincerely,
Alex Malek
Springy LLC
09-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Hey all, our new version is out that doesn't require a Facebook login to play. Check it out and let us know what you think!
09-20-2012, 01:50 PM
Glad to see the update has allowed non-FB play. I don't use Facebook at all, and a lot of people refuse to use games that require it even of they do.
09-20-2012, 04:29 PM
We definitely hear ya, AnarKitty . Hope you check out the game and let us know what you think. Cheers, Alex
09-20-2012, 07:13 PM
I have this game and LOVE IT - if you are a word game enthusiast don't miss it! It's a bit hard to get a hang of initially but you can practice with the word bot - but he's too easy to beat - I wish they had a more challenging word bot Also - a few words that are in SOWPODS & TWL isn't accepted eg QIS - other than that its really fun. It Really is like Tetris + scrabble - very unique game play. If you get on board - come find me - JAZZ A - I'd love to play a friend from TA

Last edited by snapb202; 09-20-2012 at 07:27 PM.
09-20-2012, 07:17 PM
snapb202, we're super happy to hear you like the game! Regarding the Wordbots, did you check out the new version that came out yesterday? You can now play a *very* hard Wordbot .

Thanks!
Alex
Team Springy

p.s. We're planning to add QIS to the game in the near future!