Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 09-12-2012, 01:09 PM
MMarzola MMarzola is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 529
Default

What iPhone5 features would you like to see in Football Heroes?
  #22  
Old 09-13-2012, 06:03 AM
dannnboy dannnboy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2
Default

Hey this game looks pretty tight!

I'm not a huge football fan but the RPGer inside of me says must play.
How much football knowledge would you say I'd need to know to comfortably play this game?

Who knows maybe I'll learn something and end up enjoying the real thing, though I may get some confused looks as I'm yelling OIL SLICK OIL SLICK at the tv.
  #23  
Old 09-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Essex Essex is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 105
Default Defense and Customization

This game looks awesome! If you guys nail the "feel" of the game with responsive controls and fast animations, this game should be a hit. If you nail the the RPG elements and team customization, this game will be legendary!

That said, the gameplay videos I've seen are light on defense. Are there any defensive perks and special moves? Can a dominant defense shut down a good offense? Or is the gameplay skewed in favor of the offense? Will there be more tackling animations beyond the basic dive shown in the videos? I'm asking these questions, generally, because so many football games overlook defense and make it impossible to consistently stop the offense. But more specifically, I want to build a powerhouse defensive team and I'm wondering if Football Heroes will let me do that.

Regarding Customization, will I also be able to change the appearance of my team's gloves and shoes? Seems like a little thing but I want to make my team as unique as possible. Please don't hold back on customization! Go crazy with it and it'll pay off
  #24  
Old 09-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Idiomatic Idiomatic is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8
Default

Big fan of Tecmo as a kid. Looks great! Are you guys doing more of an elemental thing with power ups? Cuz I see "fire bomb" as one of the moves. Is there gonna be an "ice bomb"?

Here's what I want:

- Voice chat or, at the very least, keyboard chat during game
- RPG elemental spells (fire, water, ice), that way you get a paper-rock-sissors thing going on
- Full screen spells (everyone gets damaged)

Obviously, I'm thinking more RPG here. But it's fun to throw it out there.
  #25  
Old 09-13-2012, 06:15 PM
MMarzola MMarzola is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannnboy View Post
Hey this game looks pretty tight!

I'm not a huge football fan but the RPGer inside of me says must play.
How much football knowledge would you say I'd need to know to comfortably play this game?

Who knows maybe I'll learn something and end up enjoying the real thing, though I may get some confused looks as I'm yelling OIL SLICK OIL SLICK at the tv.
HAHAHA! Thanks a lot, we set out to make a game that appeals to people who are not fans of Football games or Football in general, hope there are a lot people like yourself out there.

Having a basic knowledge of Football should sufficient for example: You have 4 tries to gain 10 yards or you turn the ball over, or that you alternate between playing Offense and Defense. And if you dont have any knowledge about Football at all, maybe we can provide an opt in tutorial on the Main Menu to get you going and explain the basic rules
  #26  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:38 PM
MMarzola MMarzola is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essex View Post
This game looks awesome! If you guys nail the "feel" of the game with responsive controls and fast animations, this game should be a hit. If you nail the the RPG elements and team customization, this game will be legendary!

That said, the gameplay videos I've seen are light on defense. Are there any defensive perks and special moves? Can a dominant defense shut down a good offense? Or is the gameplay skewed in favor of the offense? Will there be more tackling animations beyond the basic dive shown in the videos? I'm asking these questions, generally, because so many football games overlook defense and make it impossible to consistently stop the offense. But more specifically, I want to build a powerhouse defensive team and I'm wondering if Football Heroes will let me do that.

Regarding Customization, will I also be able to change the appearance of my team's gloves and shoes? Seems like a little thing but I want to make my team as unique as possible. Please don't hold back on customization! Go crazy with it and it'll pay off
Thanks! We are really excited about Football Heroes and we can't wait until you get to play it so you can feel for yourself how tight the controls are. We spent a lot of time on the controls!

As far as defense is concerned we have just as many Defensive Perks but people tend to not be as excited about Defensive Play (but it sounds like you and I are) so we focused on Offensive perks first for the trailer. Don't worry, you'll be able to build the ultimate Defensive powerhouse team and shut down your opponents and sack the crap out of the Quarterback

If you want to play Football Heroes please head over to the Kickstarter page and check out the cool rewards and help us finish the game and help make the game better. Thanks
  #27  
Old 09-14-2012, 02:26 PM
MMarzola MMarzola is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiomatic View Post
Big fan of Tecmo as a kid. Looks great! Are you guys doing more of an elemental thing with power ups? Cuz I see "fire bomb" as one of the moves. Is there gonna be an "ice bomb"?

Here's what I want:

- Voice chat or, at the very least, keyboard chat during game
- RPG elemental spells (fire, water, ice), that way you get a paper-rock-sissors thing going on
- Full screen spells (everyone gets damaged)

Obviously, I'm thinking more RPG here. But it's fun to throw it out there.
These are great ideas and the game team has definitely talked about and explored some of these RPG elements. We will keep you update about countering possibilities as we announce more Perks throughout development.

Full screen spells SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!

- Voice Chat / Keyboard chat is a super cool feature that we want to get to. Not sure if it is going to be there at game launch but we would love to implement this.

Last edited by MMarzola; 09-14-2012 at 02:55 PM..
  #28  
Old 09-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Essex Essex is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 105
Default Backed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMarzola View Post
Thanks! We are really excited about Football Heroes and we can't wait until you get to play it so you can feel for yourself how tight the controls are. We spent a lot of time on the controls!

As far as defense is concerned we have just as many Defensive Perks but people tend to not be as excited about Defensive Play (but it sounds like you and I are) so we focused on Offensive perks first for the trailer. Don't worry, you'll be able to build the ultimate Defensive powerhouse team and shut down your opponents and sack the crap out of the Quarterback

...
Awesome. Just what I wanted to hear! I've backed Football Heroes on Kickstarter. I'm looking forward to working with you to create my own team, which will be "seen by millions" I've got my Team's city, name, colors, and offensive and defensive strengths and weaknesses all worked out. Can't wait until the first beta!

On a related note, will your beta be restricted to iOS? Or will you also beta test on Android as well? I'd like to volunteer to be an Android beta tester if possible (I use a Galaxy Nexus, and will likely purchase the new Nexus this fall). I do have a new iPad, however, in the event that beta testing is iOS-only. Either way, I'm going to give you my best efforts to help you refine Football Heroes into a diamond!
  #29  
Old 09-16-2012, 10:52 AM
MMarzola MMarzola is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essex View Post
On a related note, will your beta be restricted to iOS? Or will you also beta test on Android as well?
Yes, the iOs Beta will happen first and the Android Beta version will be available later in development.
  #30  
Old 09-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Essex Essex is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMarzola View Post
Yes, the iOs Beta will happen first and the Android Beta version will be available later in development.
Sounds good. Sign me up for both iOS and Android betas I'm grateful that you're making this game. I've literally dreamed about an updated Tecmo Bowl-styled game like this for years! I really think you have a potential hit on your hands...

When will your forums be going live?

Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent