★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Marble Worlds 2...

11-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Marble Worlds 2...

I like the look of this game. It could be just like marble madness, and I am about ready to take the plunge. Has anyone tried this bad boy? I know Chillingo had some problems early on, but I really love Bike or Die 2. This one seems to have that level of potential. Any opinions would be great...
Thanks
11-26-2008, 11:44 AM
This game is a Pocket PC game originally. I played it once, was quite fun... But dunno if it works so well with the accelerometer. I was also thinkin about getting this.
Hass anyone bought this game? How is it?

My latest purchases: Zenonia, Tornado Mania, Rolando 2, 32x32, Sky Burger...

Jailbroken 8GB iPod touch.
I do not use cracked apps!

11-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Yeah I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread. I wanna know about the game because 1. I loved Bike or Die 2 and 2. it looks pretty fun

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
11-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. nug View Post
It could be just like marble madness, and I am about ready to take the plunge.
Actually it looks almost identical to Spindizzy, except with a marble instead of a top. Spindizzy was a great game.

--Eric
11-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Armbruster, the video does not work on your site. It says it was pulled.
11-26-2008, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztfox View Post
Armbruster, the video does not work on your site. It says it was pulled.
It's still being processed by YouTube. Sorry about the delay, should be working soon.
11-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armbruster View Post
It's still being processed by YouTube. Sorry about the delay, should be working soon.
How long does it normally take to complete one level? I'm wondering because they look short and there are only 100 levels (compared to Bike or Die's 2600+) :P

Also, are the levels easy? Can you finish them on one try or does it take a few tries like BOD2?

thanks

PS 100th post woohoo

I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
11-26-2008, 03:32 PM
It takes like 15-30 minutes to complete a level, yeah.

And no, they're not that easy, but that's what makes it fun.

arm
11-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armbruster View Post
It takes like 15-30 minutes to complete a level, yeah.

And no, they're not that easy, but that's what makes it fun.

arm
So, if each level takes an average of 20 minutes, that's about 33 hours for 100 levels. I think $3 is worth it for 33 hours (11cents/hour haha)

Thanks

11-26-2008, 03:39 PM
I bought this game. It's pretty good, worth a buck or two. The level graphics are pretty good, presentation is straightforward and that's fine with me. Where I have a problem is the accelerometer control. I'm literally tipping the phone away from me to get the ball to roll that way. There needs to be some sort of calibration on that.

Also, in terms of graphics, there is no animation on the ball. The ball is just a solid yellow dot and that takes quite a bit away from the game as the ball moves along.

Besides that the game is kind of fun, but not blowing me away.