★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What are the best iOS RPG's released in 2012??

09-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
What are the best iOS RPG's released in 2012??

I've been away from the iOS gaming scene since probaly late 2011. I heard about Bastion and Dragon Island on a podcast and playing both reminded me how much fun playing on the iPad can be.

I'm a huge RPG fan. What are some of the best RPG's released on iOS this year? I'd love to start building up my iOS RPG collection again.
09-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Well, it isn't out yet, but Ravensword 2 shall be among us soon. It looks to be the greatest iOS RPG known to man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhoy View Post
Ask pbarillas how to make the character jump he's intelligent. He should answer. He sometimes doesn't answer though because he has other commitments like learning nursery rhymes, the alphabet and how to tie his shoe laces.

09-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post
I've been away from the iOS gaming scene since probaly late 2011. I heard about Bastion and Dragon Island on a podcast and playing both reminded me how much fun playing on the iPad can be.

I'm a huge RPG fan. What are some of the best RPG's released on iOS this year? I'd love to start building up my iOS RPG collection again.

Just Chaos Rings 2. Nothing else since its release.
Some said "The World Ends With You" by S/E, but I think that one is just some mediocre, but absolutely overhyped game.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
09-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Just Chaos Rings 2. Nothing else since its release.
Some said "The World Ends With You" by S/E, but I think that one is just some mediocre, but absolutely overhyped game.
That's unfortunate. I guess CR2 and Bastion will have to do for now.
09-09-2012, 11:02 AM
No....TWEWY is great. One of the best I've played.
09-09-2012, 11:11 AM
I didn't play TWEWY, but Drakerider and Chaos Rings 2 are awesome.
09-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerBombS View Post
No....TWEWY is great. One of the best I've played.

Yes. But only if you're into dialogues which go on and on for hours and your biggest hobby is collecting bottle caps. Also the art style... well, Square / Enix can definately do better.
But as always, tastes differ.

edit: forgot to mention that Order & Chaos from GameLoft is free to play now. They removed the monthly fee. That's one MMORPG worth to sink hundreds of hours into.

This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 09-09-2012 at 11:24 AM.
09-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Well that sure is gonna piss off a lot of people who already spent hundreds of dollars into that game lol.

The underhyped: JuBeat, Drawn: The Painted Tower, Beatrider, Phoenix Wright, Broken Sword, Cut the Rope, Paladog, Isotope, Crystal War, Scarlett

GameCenter: Chocopuff1
09-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by November's Chopin View Post
Well that sure is gonna piss off a lot of people who already spent hundreds of dollars into that game lol.

Nah, the most ppl were reall happy. And it's free 2 play for everyone now. Including those who already played it for a long time and still play it.

But I forgot @ thread OP: did you check out Cthulhu saves the world and The Bards Tale? Both are enjoyable, but not original iOS releases.

09-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Nah, the most ppl were reall happy. And it's free 2 play for everyone now. Including those who already played it for a long time and still play it.

But I forgot @ thread OP: did you check out Cthulhu saves the world and The Bards Tale? Both are enjoyable, but not original iOS releases.
Vovin is wrong about TWEWY, of course (no offense -- I've been wrong about games myself many times). Probably the most original and exciting JRPG to come out in the last 5 years.

Chaos Ring II is also great, as is Bastion. There's also Avernum on the iPad. Final Fantast Dimensions is the best old school RPG I've played in a while. There have also been a number of less traditional titles, including Acheron Prime and both Squids. You can also look at SRPGs like Final Fantasy Tactics and Spectral Souls.