★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: In 2011, the world was coming to an end in Southern California. The overly crowded 405 Freeway was scheduled to be shut down for a full weekend due to a massive construction project. It was predicted that this road closure would bring the entire LA Metropolitan transportation system to its knees. The media organized a massive public information campaign and informed everyone living in Southern California that a 10 mile section of the freeway would be completely closed. As seen by the live aerial coverage of the closure almost everyone was off the 405 Freeway during this time.

However, you and your friends in a rush somehow avoided the thousands of hours of public notices and came upon a CLOSED FOR CONSTRUCTION sign. You and your friends ignored the sign and decided to take a shortcut through the once in a lifetime EMPTY 405 Freeway.

RACING GAME FEATURES:
-23 different vehicles- sports cars and even buses
-Career mode to earn money and purchase new vehicles
-Fully upgradeable cars
-Realistic car physics with drifting and traction control
-Multiple race modes- Typical Race, Duel, and Elimination
-Game Center Leaderboards
-In App Purchases available to quickly upgrade cars

For More Information Visit: emersonapps.com
Please Rate for updates with more tracks

bryan1's comments:

Check out my new iPad App for the App Store. Come very soon for iPhone.

Link to App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/carmageddon/id549561593?ls=1&mt=8

In 2011, the world was coming to an end in Southern California. The overly crowded 405 Freeway was scheduled to be shut down for a full weekend. It was predicted that this closure would bring the entire LA Metropolitan transportation system to its knees. The event was given the name of CARMAGEDDON!! The media organized a massive campaign and informed everyone in Southern California that a 10 mile section of the freeway would be completely closed.. As seen by the live aerial coverage of the closure almost everyone was off the 405 Freeway during this time.

However, you and your friends in a rush somehow avoided the thousands of hours of public notices and came upon a FREEWAY CLOSED sign. You and your friends ignored the signs and decided to take a shortcut through the once in a lifetime EMPTY 405 Freeway.

RACING GAME FEATURES:
-23 different vehicles- sports cars and even buses
-Career mode to earn money and purchase new vehicles
-Fully upgradeable cars
-Realistic car physics with drifting and traction control
-Multiple race modes- Typical Race, Duel, and Elimination
-Game Center Leaderboards
-In App Purchases available to quickly upgrade cars

For More Information Visit: emersonapps.com
Please Rate for updates with more tracks.
09-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Surely you'll have to change that name very very soon ?

You must know Carmegeddon was a classic game in the 90's and an iOS remake is coming out probably September ! Cant believe you'll be able to keep this name.

(Also Extended is spelt wrong on the screen shots)

09-09-2012, 03:23 PM
09-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Here I thought the kick starter group released an iOS version.
09-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zergslayer69 View Post
Here I thought the kick starter group released an iOS version.
Yeah it's gonna be called Carmageddon: Reincarnation and this ain't it
09-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Yeah it's gonna be called Carmageddon: Reincarnation and this ain't it
I am onto that, that was a great game way back when.
09-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Almost tapped the buy button. False alarm.
09-10-2012, 02:09 AM
Graphics are decent but not the best...looks cool though. Not many people will buy a game that cost $2. Your game better be made on the Unreal Engine and have multiple maps. Otherwise, make it free and put some small ads in it.
09-10-2012, 02:49 AM
This got my hopes up for a minute. So how can a game with an obviously trademark infringing name like this get through the approval process? Can I make a game called Super Mario Galaxy and sell it?
09-10-2012, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnbuddy View Post
Can I make a game called Super Mario Galaxy and sell it?
You could do but i'm sure thats the name of 'Emerson Apps' next game

Seriously though even if you havent heard of the original game surely if you were creating a new game and were thinking of names you would google a fair few of them to make sure they werent copyrighted or the names of famous games.

From the screenshots this app looks 'okay' but i wont go near it due to the ridiculous name of this app, dont want to support ones like that. There was that guy the other month who was using famous names for his crappy apps (He called his Metal Slug 2012) when it was nothing to do with the famous game brand. Theres quite a few apps which look like great games but read the description and they mention 'this app features just screenshots, no games', but it fools so many people (Eg theres an arcade app, people thought they were getting lots of games but nope just screenshots).

People will be fooled into buying this thinking its THE Carmegeddon game which is coming out soon. Granted you shouldnt rush and buy without doing a bit of homework but i'm sure some people will buy this accidentally.