★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Strategic Assault $.99

11-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Strategic Assault $.99

I have to ask the obligatory question: Is it worth it?

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0
11-26-2008, 11:25 AM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Heck yeah! I bought the game at $2 and I don't have any regrets. It's pretty fun and a great strategy game.

Hope that helps you make your decision

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge

11-26-2008, 12:31 PM
I also bought it when it first came out and I've had a pretty good time playing it. Unfortunately I've got some other games on there that I enjoy more so I've only put about two hours into it, but that was mostly before the update and I still liked it well enough.

For a buck it should be a nice pick up if you like this style of game
11-26-2008, 01:08 PM
I certainly think it's worth it. I think it was worth $2. But you should check out the other forum about this game before you decide. It definitely has its weaknesses. I think it's really hard and the resource acquistion system blows. I am stuck on level 5. I don't see how I'll ever be able to move my fingers fast enough to beat it. Anybody else getting stuck? Am I just a wuss?
11-26-2008, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmdowning42 View Post
I certainly think it's worth it. I think it was worth $2. But you should check out the other forum about this game before you decide. It definitely has its weaknesses. I think it's really hard and the resource acquistion system blows. I am stuck on level 5. I don't see how I'll ever be able to move my fingers fast enough to beat it. Anybody else getting stuck? Am I just a wuss?
Hi,

I'm sorry you think it is too hard. Have you tried on the easy difficulty setting? The game is definitely beatable even on the normal difficulty, some people have even complained it is too easy in fact. Guess you can't please everyone. It is intended to be a hard game though, which is why we added the easy difficulty option.

The resource gathering method of owning strategic buildings instead of harvesting minerals does give the game a different feel to other RTS games, and makes it more fast paced. You should definitely send out units quickly to capture buildings.

The new update to 1.4 includes a better tutorial and improved scrolling and unit AI so hopefully some of that will help. Landscape mode didn't quite make it into this version but should be in the next update.

thanks,

Simon
11-26-2008, 01:18 PM
I had "sniped" this in Appsniper.
Now at one buck I bought it, hope its worth it.
11-26-2008, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post
Please let me know whether you like the game or not, and if you have any suggestions to improve it either post them here or email them to support [at] xengames [dot] com

We are very keen to get feedback on how to improve the game in future updates.

thanks,

Simon
11-26-2008, 01:24 PM
Quote:
I just got it too. Nothing can be that bad for $1.

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0
11-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:
I'm pretty sure you'll like the game. It can be a little challenging at times but usually that makes the game more fun. It's not a junk game either, so you definitely got a good deal at $1. I honestly think this game is worth it at around $3, especially because there isn't anything like it on the iphone at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenGames View Post
Please let me know whether you like the game or not, and if you have any suggestions to improve it either post them here or email them to support [at] xengames [dot] com

We are very keen to get feedback on how to improve the game in future updates.

thanks,

Simon
The game is great so far (I think I'm on level 5 or 6). I can't wait for the landscape mode update I do have two suggestions though. The main one that I'd like to see in the future is the ability to zoom in and out. Another update I wouldn't mind having is more tanks and machines to pick from. Otherwise a great game, definitely worth it.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge

Last edited by istopmotion; 11-26-2008 at 01:52 PM.
11-26-2008, 03:04 PM
I bought it. It's hard to control, ugly (the gui, not the units), the sound is really really bad and there's no intro. The bad things even start with tapping the first menu item which does not highlight, so you wonder if it worked. And there it goes on and on .

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de