★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Best 8-bit game?

09-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Best 8-bit game?

I'm talking about games along the lines of Superbrothers:S&S EP and League of Evil. The best games with 8-bit graphics. If you have any suggestions, please add them.
09-09-2012, 07:34 PM
League of Evil, Super Crate Box, Canabalt, Stardash, Meganoid, Astronot, Random Heros, Manos, McPixel, Raptured, Organ Trail, Tower of Fortune, Forget Me Not, most anything from Jeff Minter my favs being SuperOxWars, Gridrunner and Mino Rescue. More would be, Firejumpers, Retro Racing, The Last Rocket, Flips Excape, 10000000, Bitless., Velocispider... and many more!!! Most are must haves, maybe skip Random Heros, Raptured, Firejumpers, and Flips Excape.... The rest you NEED!!!

Maybe these are more 16 bit then 8 bit but still scratch the retro itch would be all three Quick Hook games, 100 Rogues, Final Freeway 2, Unstoppable and I'm sure I'm missing a TON.
09-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon-N-eggs View Post
League of Evil, Super Crate Box, Canabalt, Stardash, Meganoid, Astronot, Random Heros, Manos, McPixel, Raptured, Organ Trail, Tower of Fortune, Forget Me Not, most anything from Jeff Minter my favs being SuperOxWars, Gridrunner and Mino Rescue. More would be, Firejumpers, Retro Racing, The Last Rocket, Flips Excape, 10000000, Bitless., Velocispider... and many more!!! Most are must haves, maybe skip Random Heros, Raptured, Firejumpers, and Flips Excape.... The rest you NEED!!!

Maybe these are more 16 bit then 8 bit but still scratch the retro itch would be all three Quick Hook games, 100 Rogues, Final Freeway 2, Unstoppable and I'm sure I'm missing a TON.
Im reading those titles and i just shed a happy tear.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-10-2012, 06:42 PM
To add to the list:

Omegapixel
774 Deaths
Legends of Yore
100 Rogues
Necrorun
Kid Vector
1-bit Ninja
Monkey Ninja

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-10-2012, 10:42 PM
A few more titles worthy of being mentioned:

1-bit Ninja
30 Second Life
Another World
Beat It!
Bit.Trip.Beat
CUBES
eBoy's FixPix
Eliss
Enviro-Bear 2010
Final Freeway 2R
Frogatto
Gauge
The Hook trilogy by RocketCat: Hook Champ, Super Quick Hook, & Hook Worlds
iJumpman
Karoshi
Little Caves
Mage Gauntlet
Mappy
My Little Monster
Noiz2sa
Nom Nation
Oh Hi! Octopi!
One Button Bob
Passage
Pix'n'Luv Rush
Pizza Boy
rRootage
So Long Oregon!
Squareball
Tameuchi
Time Ducks
Today We Die
Tomena Sanner
Trucker's Delight
Tumiki Fighters
Wizorb
Zaga-33
Ziggurat

Apologies if my bit-counting is a bit off (bah-dum-bum), or for any overlaps, I was trying to be thorough.

Last edited by aeranth; 09-11-2012 at 10:49 AM.