★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Upcoming game - need help with icon (AR Studio)

View Poll Results: Which icon do you like more for a game where bees are struggling with bears for honey
#1 (Grey one) 10 83.33%
#2 (Yellow one) 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll
09-10-2012, 01:24 AM
#1
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 185
Upcoming game - need help with icon (AR Studio)

Guys, we need to know what you think! Which icon do you like more for a game where bees are struggling with bears for honey?
Thanks in advance!


Find us on Facebook|Follow us on Twitter|Read our Website|Visit our Forums
09-10-2012, 01:30 AM
#2
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 185
Here are 2 variants:


Find us on Facebook|Follow us on Twitter|Read our Website|Visit our Forums

Last edited by AR Studio; 09-10-2012 at 01:44 AM.

09-10-2012, 02:45 AM
#3
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 786
Oh my god, its not even close the Grey one!
09-10-2012, 07:45 AM
#4
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,075
Sorry but i dont like any of those two. The gray one is kinda boring (if id scroll trough games on the AppStore this one definitely wouldnt get my attention). The yellow one is to blurry... The game icon is supposed to attract people to the game by the first look and it should also tell something about the game.

Just my humble opinion though.
09-10-2012, 11:09 PM
#5
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
Sorry but i dont like any of those two. The gray one is kinda boring (if id scroll trough games on the AppStore this one definitely wouldnt get my attention). The yellow one is to blurry... The game icon is supposed to attract people to the game by the first look and it should also tell something about the game.

Just my humble opinion though.
Ok, thank you for your feedback!


Find us on Facebook|Follow us on Twitter|Read our Website|Visit our Forums
09-10-2012, 11:59 PM
#6
Just not the yellow one). The grey icon is better (if we're choosing between this two icons).
09-11-2012, 12:17 AM
#7
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamios View Post
Just not the yellow one). The grey icon is better (if we're choosing between this two icons).
Ok, thanks!


Find us on Facebook|Follow us on Twitter|Read our Website|Visit our Forums
09-11-2012, 08:25 AM
#8
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 74
If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick the grey one: At least it's not blurry. But it isn't very easy to read. The lack of clarity and color is going to make eyes just pass on by and skip to the next game in the app store. The idea of having a large face front and center is a great practice for app icons, but the face has to dgrab your attention and be interesting and look like a fun character. Focus on how it can grab the eye more (such as more contrast and more color) and how you can make the personality show well at this size and come off as really appealing to potential buyers.

In both icons it looks like you're trying to do too much by getting both the bug and the bar in there. I'd suggest choosing one character and really making it look great. The other character you choose to leave off the icon - the bug or the bear - may resent you for a little while, but in the end it's the best thing for your game.

Michael Dashow - Art Director / Artist, currently open to new opportunities. My web page / My art on Facebook
09-11-2012, 09:53 AM
#9
Grey icon is better...But,It's not appealing much.
Ummmmm,How about silver icon?
09-12-2012, 01:28 AM
#10
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by emdash View Post
If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick the grey one: At least it's not blurry. But it isn't very easy to read. The lack of clarity and color is going to make eyes just pass on by and skip to the next game in the app store. The idea of having a large face front and center is a great practice for app icons, but the face has to dgrab your attention and be interesting and look like a fun character. Focus on how it can grab the eye more (such as more contrast and more color) and how you can make the personality show well at this size and come off as really appealing to potential buyers.

In both icons it looks like you're trying to do too much by getting both the bug and the bar in there. I'd suggest choosing one character and really making it look great. The other character you choose to leave off the icon - the bug or the bear - may resent you for a little while, but in the end it's the best thing for your game.
Thanks for your detailed response! We appreciate it a lot.


Find us on Facebook|Follow us on Twitter|Read our Website|Visit our Forums