★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Guns N' Zombies (Makers of WWII Alone)

06-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Guns N' Zombies (Makers of WWII Alone)

The people over at BoyAndWitch (makers of the featured game, WWII Alone) have released another brilliant shooter to the app store. (I have already TOFTT) It's a survival shooter yes, but I feel this one brings an entirely new concept to the genre. Basically it's a combination of a gun app and a zombie shooter, with the shooting and reloading done by swiping on the gun. Also as you survive you earn cash to spend on 8 weapons and ammo. Also as you progress new types of zombies start showing up, some are faster and some have more health. Each gun reloads differently, which adds to the strategy of which you pick. (The pistol fires off 8 rounds before you need to remove the clip, swipe a new one in, and swipe the top to load it in. Then to fire you swipe on the trigger. The shotgun however fires off a casing then you must swipe to pump it and insert a new round.)

It's not that bad at only $0.99 plus there are highscores and you can post scores to twitter.
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=318810970&mt=8

-----
Zombies are incoming. There's no safe place. Your mission is surviving as long as possible.
Gain cash for guns and ammunitions.
Realistic gun simulation will need your dexterity of fingers.
It's easy and addicting.
Enjoy!

FEATURES

- Realistic gun simulation control.
- Zombie bloody mess.
- Online rankings.
- 8 unlockable guns with different abilities.
- Handgun, SMG, Shotgun and so on.
- We are making sniper rifles and more weapons for updates.
- User guide system.
- Stunning cartoony graphics.

Keyword : guns and zombies gnz gmz gun zombie blood survival boy witch simulation firearm steam punk Prop gaming handgun pistol bang weapon iphoneguns simulator machinegun shooter shooting m16 glock Cz 75 m semi auto k2 Benelli

Highly recommended for fans of zombie games and gun apps.
-----

Last edited by Seishu; 06-09-2009 at 09:25 AM.
06-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Another Zombieville wanna be imo .

06-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourofl10 View Post
Another Zombieville wanna be imo .
Well actually it's more of a Last Stand wanna be. Unlike Zombieville, you can't move and you can pause and enter the shop any time you like. Though the graphics remind me a lot of Zombieville.

06-09-2009, 09:56 AM
I bought this one, it's fun. It's like iGun meets Zombieville USA. The guns are very cartoony and you actually use swipes to load, cock, and fire the guns - COOL!!
06-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieseliPhone View Post
I bought this one, it's fun. It's like iGun meets Zombieville USA. The guns are very cartoony and you actually use swipes to load, cock, and fire the guns - COOL!!
Plus it makes the game just a little more difficult. You need finger dexterity to quickly reload and shoot some more zombies.

06-09-2009, 02:15 PM
I found this short gameplay video on YouTube:

Youtube link | Pop Up

It looks like a pretty good twist on a zombie survival shooter.

Any more impressions before I hit the buy button?

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
06-09-2009, 08:23 PM
The game certainly is a lot of fun, in fact it's probably the most fun I've had with a zombie survival shooter. If you're always downloading those free gun apps where you "pull" the virtual trigger to make a shooting sound then this game will be perfect for you. I don't know why this isn't getting more attention, it certainly is an exciting new twist on the survival shooter genre.

06-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Looks cool, I think I will stick with Zombieville tho

16gb iPod Touch 2G Plus+ ID- ZZMitch
Last Bought- Pirate Bay, ARKANOID, GeoDefense Swarm, ORBITAL, Word Ace.
Waiting for-GTA:CW, Plants Vs. Zombies, Assassin's Creed II, Riddim Ribbon and Nova.
06-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZMitch View Post
Looks cool, I think I will stick with Zombieville tho

I have both and while they're both fun zombie games they are pretty different.
Sometimes the constant tapping to fire gets a bit boring. This game has a lot more interaction with shooting and reloading which holds my interest a lot longer.

06-09-2009, 10:07 PM
It's actually a lot of fun, but between me and my three favorite Iphone zombie games, this is one of them. I wish they'd put an extra slot on the bottom bar for this one.