★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and new iPad. Requires iOS 4.1 or later.
(Don't support iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (3th generation) )

The No.1 of the list of pay-for-play applications in Appstore, a car racing game with five-star appraisal is waiting you to play! Billions of players are waiting you to challenge!

- No.1 in the free application list, the continuation of Mole Kart 1 is released!
- Significantly surpass the original! Up to 72 quest stage modes! Breathtaking story line!
- 9 characters, 27 kart upgrades, 45 kart accessories, over 400,000 combination modes!

Game Introduction:

Mole Kart 2 Evolution is an anime style racing game that pays attention to the pleasure of drifting. The excellent anime rendering effect, carefree drifting experience and variable race track designs enable you to get the best enjoyment of driving!

The version reforms the technical bottleneck of the former version, so the karts and scenes are more gorgeous. With new design of character shapes, kart modeling and race tracks, it can even bring new shock to experienced players!

The game provides excellent game controls that surpass the original. Multiple drive modes such as automatic drift and manual drift are available. With different difficulties and quests, both new players and kart experts will enjoy the game and surpass themselves!

In the story mode, you will complete the challenging quest stages with 8 individual characters, and get rewards, upgrade karts and unlock characters. The rich game system and background story will bring you into the game!

Everything you want to experience is integrated in the Mole Kart Evolution! So what are you waiting for? Drive the kart and duke it out!

Game Features:

Dazzling top-level visual feast
Adopt advanced graphic technology, bringing you visual enjoyment with massive evolution;

Creative- individual kart reformation
36 different karts, 45 kart accessories, over 400,000 combination modes;

Refreshing wonderful drifting experience
With multiple drive modes, new players and experts can find their own fun;

Rich perfect story line
A new story mode, 9 characters and 72 story stages bring you into the game world.

Practical free race tracks
The free mode provides 11 free tracks. From the new seeded track to the mysterious relics track, you can drive on them as much as you like.

We promise to develop the game diligently, update it constantly and always bring surprises to users!

Coming update will include: Multiplayer mode, challenge mode and brand new tracks!

Learn more at m.61.com
Become a fan of Mole Kart 2 Evolution on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/mole.kart.1

Become a fan of Mole Kart 2 Evolution on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/SquirrelOps

Our Trailers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Gj3fArVc4&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk1QdLWvr3c&feature=youtu.be

sizzlakalonji's comments:
I know there was a troubled history with the first game starting as a Mario Kart clone, but this doesn't appear to be the case here...

09-11-2012, 08:49 AM
Hmmm this looks decent, enjoyed the first one but badly wanted a 'championship mode' instead of single race after single race.

Does this have that mode ?

Was just about to buy it but doesnt support ipod 4th gen ! Damn

Last edited by psj3809; 09-11-2012 at 08:52 AM.

09-11-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Hmmm this looks decent, enjoyed the first one but badly wanted a 'championship mode' instead of single race after single race.

Does this have that mode ?

Was just about to buy it but doesnt support ipod 4th gen ! Damn
It looks like the "Story Mode" would be similar to a championship mode. I bought it and played through the tutorial. First impressions are positive, but I've only scratched the surface. Also, there appears to be IAP, but I don't know how intrusive it is yet.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
09-11-2012, 10:08 AM
I re-downloaded the original game and there appears to be two games in the app store. Both are universal and have identical icon but different file sizes and date for recent update. One might be Mole Kart I and the other is Mole Kart 1. Confusing.

The game is as I remembered when I first got it. Looks good, has power ups and classic Kart environments, but stutters when turning and I find the controls off somehow. I feel like I'm fighting to navigate my kart around the course.

Is the new game the same control wise as the first?
09-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB View Post
I re-downloaded the original game and there appears to be two games in the app store. Both are universal and have identical icon but different file sizes and date for recent update. One might be Mole Kart I and the other is Mole Kart 1. Confusing.

The game is as I remembered when I first got it. Looks good, has power ups and classic Kart environments, but stutters when turning and I find the controls off somehow. I feel like I'm fighting to navigate my kart around the course.

Is the new game the same control wise as the first?
The controls seem similar, though it's been a while since I played the first. There are 4 different control options, with both touch and tilt choices. I've played the first two races of the story mode, and I must say, this is a very competent kart racer. There seems to be loads of content for the price. If you like kart racers, I definitely think it's worth checking out. This dev really made some mistakes with the first iteration(s) of the game, but this is a significant improvement over the first.

Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
09-11-2012, 10:45 AM
I'm getting a f zero vibe, is it like that or more like Mario kart from first game?
09-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zergslayer69 View Post
I'm getting a f zero vibe, is it like that or more like Mario kart from first game?
The screen shots certainly suggest that, but in the first races at least, it's been more of the traditional kart vibe.

09-11-2012, 11:02 AM
I bought this (its so cheap) for my iphone, tested it on my ipod touch 4th gen and yeah doesnt work !

But anyway played it on my iphone and its a very good Kart game, only played the tutorial but controls were good (i went for onscreen buttons), sound effects/graphics good. Looking forward to having a go on the story mode later.

As the poster above says, i think this company has improved on the original quite a lot, hearing about all the shop items is worrying as surely that means tons of possible IAP's but so far so good. Shame no ipod touch but this is worth picking up, at the moment from what i've seen its now #1 on my 'trying to find the best mario kart clone on the app store' (and i've bought a fair few in the past!)
09-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Game Impressions

09-11-2012, 01:38 PM
So...are controls better or same as the first version?

This is tough. Obviously a lot of love went into building this game and the previous version. The graphics and animations are really nice. I just played version 1 again and I just struggle to steer. I keep running into things etc. I would LOVE this game with just a bit better controls. If the controls are better than the first I will buy no problem.