★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What have you been more crazy for this month?

06-09-2009, 09:28 PM
#1
Joined: May 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 530
What have you been more crazy for this month?

All of these new game releases (Real Racing), or the new iphone 3g s/ iphone 3.0 update?
06-09-2009, 09:30 PM
#2
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Where ever the good lord wants me to be.
Posts: 509
whens the ipod touch 3.0 update release?

OpenFient: Itzoliverstfu // Plus+: Pinoykid

06-09-2009, 09:35 PM
#3
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoykid View Post
whens the ipod touch 3.0 update release?
June 17th

EDIT: On topic, probably releases, since they have been good, and the new firmware with the in-game purchases scare me.
06-09-2009, 10:04 PM
#4
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 466
Project Natal
06-09-2009, 10:09 PM
#5
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by learjetzoom View Post
Project Natal
I saw the trailer for it and wow. Only problem is, I don't see how RPG, and shooting games would be able to play on it. Things such as inventory, potions, reloading, picking up guns, shooting, and etc. I believe they're just going to make shooting and RPG games just as they are now: with the controller.

But getting a bit off topic aren't we? I would say the iPhone 3.0 software or the releases. They're pretty much one in the same since the software allows the games to be better which is a winner for all of us. (:

GameCenter: xVietx - Add me
Sorry, I'm dead.
06-09-2009, 10:13 PM
#6
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVietx View Post
I saw the trailer for it and wow. Only problem is, I don't see how RPG, and shooting games would be able to play on it. Things such as inventory, potions, reloading, picking up guns, shooting, and etc. I believe they're just going to make shooting and RPG games just as they are now: with the controller.
Because Natal can recognize where you are 3Dimensionally you theoretically would be able to move forward to make your character move forward and side to side to turn. You can extend your arms like you're holding a gun to aim. In a sense you can potentially make yourself the analog stick. I am excited about aiming with my hands vs a remote. Analog sticks were not designed for FPS however Natal might fit it perfectly, in much the same way a mouse does. I doubt this will happen though, I am just excited for innovative technology.

Staying on topic, I cant wait to picture message, too bad ATT doesnt support MMS yet.
06-09-2009, 10:19 PM
#7
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by learjetzoom View Post
Because Natal can recognize where you are 3Dimensionally you theoretically would be able to move forward to make your character move forward and side to side to turn. You can extend your arms like you're holding a gun to aim. In a sense you can potentially make yourself the analog stick. I am excited about aiming with my hands vs a remote. Analog sticks were not designed for FPS however Natal might fit it perfectly, in much the same way a mouse does. I doubt this will happen though, I am just excited for innovative technology.

Staying on topic, I cant wait to picture message, too bad ATT doesnt support MMS yet.
There's just no way that it can read a finger squeeze. It's just too small of a movement and I don't see how it would be able to register if you're facing it directly and won't be able to tell if you moved your finger.

Anyways, I really despise AT&T. Every other service that supports iPhone is allowing MMS when the new software gets released besides AT&T. Same goes for Internet Tethering. And the only reason is 'Because we can.'

GameCenter: xVietx - Add me
Sorry, I'm dead.
06-09-2009, 10:26 PM
#8
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVietx View Post
There's just no way that it can read a finger squeeze. It's just too small of a movement and I don't see how it would be able to register if you're facing it directly and won't be able to tell if you moved your finger.
This is true, but this is where a small remote can come into play. Hold a button to throw a grenade. Press another to fire, to cycle through weapons. All this while staying on your feet, being more active than sitting in a recliner. Dont get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with being comfortable however there is also something called total immersion.

Sorry for derailing this thread. You should be able to make sub-threads off a main thread.
06-09-2009, 10:29 PM
#9
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles, USA
Posts: 722
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 and BBS.
The end of my cell phone contract in ~6 months so I can get a 3GS.
Graduation in 1.5 weeks. Going to be f'in AMAZING, the band is going to be playing the Star Wars Ep. 4 Throne Room song for the recessional!!
World of Goo, which will be my reward for finishing Gomi
06-09-2009, 10:47 PM
#10
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,509
I guess the releases. The iPhone conference was a let-down. Nothing new at all. Well, nothing new AND interesting. Video recording and MMS... morons.