Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-25-2012, 06:15 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

So after 3-4 hours of game time, i have experienced it hanging on the world map, zoomed out, after initial loading and nothing is happening.

I also experienced a crash when placing and upgrading towers before the game even start. (And not to mention, the 15 second LIGHTNING FAST loading time). I have yet to experience audio and framerate issues.

While ill admit that i will still play the game despite these issues, (simply due to the much appreciated graphics and awesome gameplay), i just hope the devs will continue to work hard and polish the game. I admit the price point is the main reason why i even bother making comments, its just that it doesnt seem fair to charge that much for a buggy game, especially coming from subatomic. Looking forward to future updates.

iOS 6. iPad 3.

EDIT: Stuttering/Choking audio also experienced now, while playing Bizarre Bazaar.

Last edited by tabs; 09-25-2012 at 07:59 PM..
Old 09-26-2012, 03:13 AM

It just crashed on me when a notification popped up too.... Great testing guys!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:18 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Yes, still crashing once in a while for me as well, iPad 3 64 gig, everything else closed.

Also after getting some time in I am a bit disappointed in the overall game. While the graphics are outstanding and the variety of gameplay is nice, I enjoy the strategy of just playing good old fashioned TD. Not a huge fan of the timed matches and what we have now is maps that are predefined on game types.

Really I find myself going back to Fieldrunnners 1 which has the choices of different game types with each map. That is a much better way and not sure why u guys messed with a good thing.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:11 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
So after 3-4 hours of game time, i have experienced it hanging on the world map, zoomed out, after initial loading and nothing is happening.

EDIT: Stuttering/Choking audio also experienced now, while playing Bizarre Bazaar.
Exactly same thing happening to me, although the update did fix SOME of the issues, still buggy as hell, I could appreciate the fact this is a HUGE game and consumes lots of memory and so on, but you guys really need to get it ready before releasing it.

Waiting...loading...waiting...stuttering...Ok! Enjoying it for 30 mins coz its 70 waves!...stuttering again...save & exit...waiting...loading...loading...Crash! X$#&!

Please, please fix it, still like it!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:47 AM

Hey guys! I haven't swung by here recently, so I wanted to drop in and answer a few questions.

Remember that if you're experiencing any issues and you don't get a reply from me on here, you can always email us at bugs@subatomicstudios.com.

Also, I just wrote up a tech support FAQ on our forums - this should have tips for fixing the most common issues: http://www.subatomicstudios.com/foru...da1f8b2d6c4b36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergman View Post
loading times to me are athe same as before, which is slow. Now I have an dditional glitch after doing the update. I can't load any of the "items" at all in the setup screen. I can purchase the items, and it shows I have them, but the bottom just shows a blank metal looking area with nothing showing. When you go to drag an item to the spot that used to be there, it tells you my items are full. You can't drag anything off the screen to clear the items, and nothing shows in the game at all, meaning it appears you have no items.

At thi spoint is is near impossible to do a heroic map with no items to use so the game is still worthless to me. First time buying from these guys and don't see how I will ever buy another game from them. This has been the buggiest game I ever bought. Just horrible.
If you get this problem with the items, go back and replay the tutorial map. That should fix the issue. This will also be fixed in the next patch, which we are submitting in the next few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sortvind View Post
it runs without force close now, but some slowdown and such.
have tried turning of 32bit graphic, but see no difference in performance or graphics, anyone else tried that?
turning off retina is a no-no.
Make sure that you completely quit out of the game before changing these settings. Restart the game after the change has been made. Making these changes while the game is simply minimized to the springboard will not cause any changes. It's worth mentioning that you might just want to try turning Retina Graphics off in order to see if it's a memory issue or not. If turning Retina Graphics off fixes the issue, you can be sure that the problem is memory related. Of course, I wouldn't suggest keeping Retina off - it's just a good troubleshooting step to identify the issue more quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post

I also experienced a crash when placing and upgrading towers before the game even start. (And not to mention, the 15 second LIGHTNING FAST loading time). I have yet to experience audio and framerate issues.

While ill admit that i will still play the game despite these issues, (simply due to the much appreciated graphics and awesome gameplay), i just hope the devs will continue to work hard and polish the game. I admit the price point is the main reason why i even bother making comments, its just that it doesnt seem fair to charge that much for a buggy game, especially coming from subatomic. Looking forward to future updates.

iOS 6. iPad 3.

Make sure that you power down your device and then boot it back up if you run into a problem like this.

Rest assured that we will continue to work on optimizing the game. I completely understand how you feel, and as a gamer, know that I would feel the same way if I was in your shoes. We've got the whole team working on fixing up these issues now, though, and I'm confident that the game will continue to see major improvements.

I went ahead and removed the remark about "Lightning fast load times" from the app store description. Whenever I write update notes for app store descriptions I try to make them sound really awesome ("Crash blocking technology" etc), but calling our load times "Lightning fast" pushed things from "awesome" to "straight up lying". So, apologies. I'm going to go sit in the corner now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardbattle View Post
It just crashed on me when a notification popped up too.... Great testing guys!
What version of iOS are you using? Apparently iOS 6 handles notifications and memory differently, so this shouldn't be a problem anymore if you upgrade. Additionally, this should have been fixed in the latest update (v1.1). Email bugs@subatomicstudios.com and we can help you get to the bottom of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergman View Post
Yes, still crashing once in a while for me as well, iPad 3 64 gig, everything else closed.

Also after getting some time in I am a bit disappointed in the overall game. While the graphics are outstanding and the variety of gameplay is nice, I enjoy the strategy of just playing good old fashioned TD. Not a huge fan of the timed matches and what we have now is maps that are predefined on game types.

Really I find myself going back to Fieldrunnners 1 which has the choices of different game types with each map. That is a much better way and not sure why u guys messed with a good thing.
If you're still getting crashes, make sure that you power down and power back up the device every so often. That can do wonders for making things run more smoothly.

Interesting feedback about the map types. For what it's worth, the time trial maps are all optional bonus missions - they aren't really part of the main campaign. Same goes for puzzle maps. The fixed path maps and the sudden death maps *are* part of the main campaign though. Maybe they shouldn't be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSimond View Post
Exactly same thing happening to me, although the update did fix SOME of the issues, still buggy as hell, I could appreciate the fact this is a HUGE game and consumes lots of memory and so on, but you guys really need to get it ready before releasing it.

Waiting...loading...waiting...stuttering...Ok! Enjoying it for 30 mins coz its 70 waves!...stuttering again...save & exit...waiting...loading...loading...Crash! X$#&!

Please, please fix it, still like it!!!
As I said to other folks, be sure to try powering down and powering back up your device. That should help things a lot. Additionally, if you're on an iPad 1 or 2, go to Settings>Fieldrunners2 and turn of Retina Graphics and 32-Bit Graphics.

Sorry for the trouble, folks. We have a pretty thorough testing process with a dedicated QA team (just hired 2 more testers as well in the last few weeks), so it sucks to see issues like these leak through. We're definitely going to continue working on improvements, though, so I appreciate your patience while we keep working on things. Don't hesitate to email us if you continue to find issues. Thanks for your support!
Old 10-03-2012, 11:55 AM

This game is still broken? LOL, great work Subatomic. You charged all these poor fools $8 for a broken game with zero new assets and you can't even be bothered to fix it. As ripoffs go, this one is almost admirable.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSJ1977 View Post
This game is still broken? LOL, great work Subatomic. You charged all these poor fools $8 for a broken game with zero new assets and you can't even be bothered to fix it. As ripoffs go, this one is almost admirable.

Bums me out to see a post like this. The game should be working for the vast majority of players at this point, but there are a handful of people that seem to still be experiencing problems.

I'm not going to try suggesting that we had a perfect launch, but we're actively working on improvements and addressing concerns from folks experiencing problems - we're definitely hustling to make sure the game is working smoothly for everyone. In fact, we're submitting another update today that should add further improvements. Additionally, I built a road map yesterday that outlines our next six months of releases/updates, and I'm happy to say that we're working on adding more exclusive content (a particular mode that is frequently requested...), so things will only get better.

I genuinely apologize for any troubles people are experiencing with the game. If it isn't working for you, by all means, contact Apple and get a refund. But please be aware that we are hard at work trying to make the game absolutely perfect.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicAlec View Post

Bums me out to see a post like this.
Ah diddums. Nevermind - I'm sure the money you raked in is helping to soothe your pain.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSJ1977 View Post
Ah diddums. Nevermind - I'm sure the money you raked in is helping to soothe your pain.
To be honest, it did and it didn't. The game did well enough that we're still in business and the team is still intact. No one has to worry about finding new jobs or the layoffs that you hear about so frequently in this industry. So that's cool. On the flip side, we put just about all of the money made from the original into the development of the sequel, and although it did well, we haven't made back the development costs yet. This was a pretty big budget game, especially for iOS. So, we really need to make sure that the game is perfect and running smoothly in order for it to succeed, and we're working hard to make that happen.

We've certainly got our work cut out for us
Old 10-03-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
@subatomic, fyi im a big fan of fieldrunners but this time im really2 dissapointed in you guys. As you can see from my previous post that i always sound optimist in you but after the first update, i can see that this game is just not ready for the prime time. Whats the rush anyway guys? 8 dollars is a premium price, and it should be treated like a premium one. Just dont lie anymore, there is no chance that you guys didnt noticed crash and drop fps and many other bug when you decided to launch this game. I just loose hope on this game.

Ps. I own the original FR both iphone n ipad version and now FR 2 both iphone n ipad bought on launch day.
Yeah, that's all completely understandable. We're going to keep working hard to earn your faith back, though. Not a whole lot else I can say because the game is already out and it is what it is, but we're definitely very focused on making many improvements. Additionally, I can give you my utmost assurances that we won't ever lie about anything, and I sincerely apologize if it ever seemed like we did.

We're going to keep working hard to make this game totally kick ass