Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-12-2012, 11:59 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Try E.R.A instead..

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I purchased the iPhone version of Fieldrunners 2, and it looks pretty decent on my iPad... so I dunno if I'm gonna wind up getting this one...

Also, after getting more and more into E.R.A., Fieldrunners just doesn't seem as fun anymore.... =o/
Amen. It looks good, but I have already played through the entire campaign twice on FR2 and I don't see a few extra towers enticing me enough to play the same maps again. Not when E.R.A. now exists.

Main point I agree with Mr. Void; now that E.R.A. is on the market, FR2 doesn't compare...doesn't come close to comparing in the strategies needed, the amount of things going on, and downright challenge and new/unique gameplay that is found in the ultra-polished E.R.A.

In FR2 all you are doing is placing some towers, building a few mazes, and sitting back and upgrading. Try playing a few rounds of E.R.A and see all the goings on in that game makes this look like childs play, and it even strikes me now as being too 'cutesy'. Oh, but the visuals are nice.

Yes, E.R.A. has spoiled me..sorry Subatomic.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:26 PM

Man those ipad exclusives were not worth the wait or lack of universal release. As a huge fan of the Fieldrunners games it's disappointing to have the extra delay and not any real payoff.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:32 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

What's E.R.A?
Old 09-12-2012, 02:37 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepeos View Post
What's E.R.A?
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=149510
Old 09-12-2012, 02:39 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClaff View Post
Man those ipad exclusives were not worth the wait or lack of universal release. As a huge fan of the Fieldrunners games it's disappointing to have the extra delay and not any real payoff.
So you would've preferred to wait two months for them to release the iPhone version so they could've been launched at the same time? They released this as soon as they could. I'm not sure what you're expecting.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:05 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I don't see what all the fuss is about E.R.A personally...I've played it and found it average at best....
Old 09-12-2012, 03:13 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defard View Post
I don't see what all the fuss is about E.R.A personally...I've played it and found it average at best....
Do Tell. What does Fieldrunners have or 'do for you' that E.R.A. doesnt may i ask please? I agree Fieldrunners is one of the best TDs on the market, but how many levels did you play in E.R.A? It gets way more intense than any TD I have ever played; unless all you like to do is build mazes and upgrade towers.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:02 PM

Thanks for your interest in our new iPad game, Fieldrunners 2 HD! If you guys have any questions, I'm more than happy to give you some insider perspective.

It sounds like we should definitely check out E.R.A - looks very similar to Kingdom Rush, another one of our favorite TD games.

Regarding iCloud - Fieldrunners 2 for iPhone/iPod Touch v1.2 (the next update) will introduce cross platform game save syncing. Until then, iExplorer will allow you to do manual game save transfers.

Feel free to post any other questions here and I'll send out answer! Hope you all enjoy our game
Old 09-12-2012, 04:24 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicAlec View Post
I don't have an accurate sense of timing this early, but I'll keep you guys posted as soon as I find out. Rest assured that the iPad version will be really incredible, and we're adjusting pricing so that the fans who buy both versions of the game won't be emptying their wallets to do it. It's important to us that we show our fans the same respect that they show us, and we feel that this is the best way to do it
Hi Alec,
What's happened since you posted the above post until now, that has made the price be so high?
If this is an adjusted price (to show respect etc) I dread to think what the price would have been. In total to play this on my iPhone and iPad I will have to pay nearly 8. Seems a bit steep to me. After all it is just a TD game, a great one but still, 8? Very pricey for the app store.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:35 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicAlec View Post

It sounds like we should definitely check out E.R.A - looks very similar to Kingdom Rush, another one of our favorite TD games.
Sorry to say, but you couldn't be more wrong with that statment as E.R.A is the complete opposite end of anything like Kingdom Rush.