Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-19-2012, 07:43 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

It's on sale for $2.99. Paid full price when it came out.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:57 AM

AtomicAlec prepare for a deluge of complaints as more people have bought this because of the price drop. I just bought this & cannot believe that the loading times are painfully long & to add insult to injury it then crashes when a level loads, very poor show... I thought this game was supposed to be fixed after all this time, look at the reviews on the App Store too, they are all echoing what I've just said. What a waste of money. I've deleted it after an hour of trying to play it, I'll now wait for further updates before I play it again ( whenever that may be). I'm running this on an iPad 3 iOS 6 if that's of any help.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:42 AM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Black View Post
AtomicAlec prepare for a deluge of complaints as more people have bought this because of the price drop. I just bought this & cannot believe that the loading times are painfully long & to add insult to injury it then crashes when a level loads, very poor show.
I have been (still am) excited about the price drop. I've been running the iPhone version of FieldRunners 2 on my iPad 2 for a while with no problems.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:05 PM

Is it worth it to buy this if I have the iPhone version? I was thinking of maybe getting the original fieldrunners for iPad instead since I never played. What do u guys think?
Old 12-20-2012, 04:44 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

after trying that free version...i'm not buying it. Loading times beats Max Payne 3 on PC.... Forget it Atomic.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:14 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraetorianX View Post
after trying that free version...i'm not buying it. Loading times beats Max Payne 3 on PC.... Forget it Atomic.
Tell that to those who paid this for the FULL 7.99 (like me, AKA beta testers), with all the free bugs.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
Is it worth it to buy this if I have the iPhone version? I was thinking of maybe getting the original fieldrunners for iPad instead since I never played. What do u guys think?
For what it's worth, it's incredibly unlikely that the games will ever be on sale for a lower price than what they're at now. Also, we're planning on ending the sale tonight, so you might as well get em while you can. The iPad version is normally $7.99 so at $2.99 it's a complete steal. Not to mention the original Fieldrunners for iPad has the legendary multiplayer version that isn't present in any of the other versions (including the sequel).

CHOOSE WISELY.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraetorianX View Post
Loading times in the free version are actually much longer than the full version as a result of adding upsell screens. So, despite what people say about the loading times in the full version, they are much, much shorter than they are in the free version. It's a real shame and it's something we'll definitely have to work on.

Regardless, I hope you get a chance to check it out! Each level is about 30-60 minutes, so if you spend 60 seconds on a loading screen every hour, it shouldn't be the end of the world. But yeah, I feel your pain and it's something we're working on improving.

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:19 AM

Awsome game!
Old 12-20-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicAlec View Post
For what it's worth, it's incredibly unlikely that the games will ever be on sale for a lower price than what they're at now. Also, we're planning on ending the sale tonight, so you might as well get em while you can. The iPad version is normally $7.99 so at $2.99 it's a complete steal. Not to mention the original Fieldrunners for iPad has the legendary multiplayer version that isn't present in any of the other versions (including the sequel).

CHOOSE WISELY.
sweet I bought the original fieldrunners for ipad.