Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-13-2012, 01:16 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberniskos View Post
It looks oddly like a 1988 Broderbund's game called...Shufflepuck cafe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shufflepuck_Caf%C3%A9
I hope so...I had the EGA pc version...'twas ok. The black and white Maxintosh version rocked, though. Probably because I played the PC game with a keyboard instead of a mouse.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:14 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreed View Post
This game is way way way too heavy on IAP.

Each of the biographies are 500 Credz x 19 = 9500

Then you need another 10-15K just to unlock that character's puck and paddle.

We are talking about 25-30K of Credz when each game nets you 100 Credz and thats with a fukcin coin doubler
I bought the coin doubler, I'm on the second floor at the moment. Playing the Asian guy, with bet, gets me 500 Credz per match. I haven't bought any paddles yet. The game is a little too easy, if anything.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:22 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C83 View Post
I bought the coin doubler, I'm on the second floor at the moment. Playing the Asian guy, with bet, gets me 500 Credz per match. I haven't bought any paddles yet. The game is a little too easy, if anything.
Haha he's on drugs too...
Old 09-13-2012, 03:29 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer4325 View Post
Haha he's on drugs too...
Nope, just better at video games than you
Old 09-13-2012, 03:47 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via MSN to aghartastudio

wait until you reach the Third floor those guys will hurt you^^
Old 09-13-2012, 04:07 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghartastudio View Post
I'm looking forward to it
Old 09-13-2012, 04:15 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

The game plays well and looks great! To me, though, too many other things are added in like the biographies and too much chat. Would like to just get right to the game play. The card game is all right so you can get more coins, etc. The actual air hockey AI is harder than I expected, but I like that. Online multiplayer would really help this go through the roof IMO, though.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:21 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghartastudio View Post
Only some...
Old 09-13-2012, 04:34 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Online multiplayer would really help this go through the roof IMO, though.
That'll never happen, considering the puck can change from side to side multiple times in a second, even a low 50ms latency would seriously kill your game.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:37 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
If you expect anything beyond empiricism, then I'm afraid you'll be continually and repeteadly disappointed by my posts

But I will back up my preposterous estimation with data. Defeating M4rv1n in bet mode, an easy enough task, with a perfect 3-0, takes sligthly less than 25 seconds, plus another 5 for choosing to replay, and nets you 150 credz (not quite sure why it yields 150, since the bet description says 105, so perhaps this is something that might be nerfed in a patch). Combined with mission pay-offs, coins picked up from the table and X2 bonuses, I just made slightly more than 7000 in 15 minutes (clocked and measured), not always scoring a perfect, but without any lost games.

The same approach on the second floor, once you've the skill to faultlessly defeat Ayato, will net you 220 per perfect victory (again, not possible to achieve in every game, but often enough), which together with missions, coin pickups and X2 bonuses gets you closer to 10000 per 10 minutes.

I haven't been to the third floor yet, but if the credz reward increase in bet mode is reasonably linear, 10000 per ten minutes is achievable on a semi-regular basis. Which is enough to warrant the "Which you can also obtain by playing the game for ten minutes to half an hour" estimation. I'm close enough to the low end of that number on the second floor.

In half an hour, a better woman or man than me could even perhaps have their pick of paddles, plural, reminding us that it is never wise to mistestimate a misestimator.

Yep. I never claimed anything to the opposite effect in my post (nor did you mention the larger wider paddle in your first post), nor did I try to rely on my considerable wit and guile to subliminally insert the message of the easily achievable 15000 credz paddle into the collective consciousness of the TA community

Since we're on the subject of expectations, straw man techniques is not quite what I expected from someone of your polemic mettle But I console myself with the suspicion that this was actually not your intention, and temper my disappointment with a reminder to myself of the tenuous nature of the sender-receptor relationship, particular in gaming forums. I.E., I might be completely wrong in my assumptions regarding your intentions

Heh, I can tell you've been saving that for the opportune moment, savouring every second of expectation of the day when it might apply It must feel delightful to use one of the most classical veiled argumentum ad hominem in an internet forum discussion. Space helmet off to you, for that was a splendid example of how to disarm someone of an opposing view (yes, really, no irony or sarcasm, not even when I say "no irony or sarcasm")
I truly think you appear to imagine there being more going on in our exchange than there is in actuality. I'd prefer to leave it at that. As for the rest, I will only mention one thing: I haven't been able to beat Marvin. Not once in around an hour and half of play. Unlocking the second floor and experiencing the level of play there was immediately followed by deleting the game. The game is, in my experience, a tremendous grind with difficulty (at least the devs are being original!) serving as impetus to purchase IAP. I believe my experience will better represent that of the average player. Obviously we disagree, and I think it would be pretty pointless to continue the discussion.

Last edited by Gabrien; 09-13-2012 at 06:12 PM..