★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Aerolite and Aerolite Free

11-26-2008, 04:03 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Aerolite and Aerolite Free

So I bought Aerolite after reading about it on the front page and in the forums. This afternoon I noticed that Aerolite Free was released. I can't see a difference between the free version and the paid version based upon the description (I have not downloaded the free version to play).

What I don't understand is that the non-free version is 6.8MB and the free version is 7.1MB?!?

How is that possible?
11-26-2008, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iago View Post
So I bought Aerolite after reading about it on the front page and in the forums. This afternoon I noticed that Aerolite Free was released. I can't see a difference between the free version and the paid version based upon the descrpption (I have not downloaded the free version to play).

What I don't understand is that the non-free version is 6.8MB and the free version is 7.1MB?!?

How is that possible?
I don't know the answer to your question, but I was going to buy the full version tonight after playing the first 2 levels of the lite version. I wonder if the ad for the full version could take up any space, meaning the actual lite version is smaller than just .3 mb difference from the full version. Looks like a great game though, even if the full version does only have a few more levels, it's worth it for a dollar
11-26-2008, 04:20 PM
Don't get me wrong, it is worth the $.99. I'm an old school gamer who remembers driving to New Jersey with my Dad so that we could buy an Atari (the original 2600 - but it was just called "Atari" back then) at a Crazy Eddie's which was one of the only places you could buy one. This was years before Crazy Eddie's got big and then crashed and burned. Anyway, this is a pretty good game for a reasonable price and I have difficulty finding fault of almost any game at a $.99 price point.
11-26-2008, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iago View Post

How is that possible?
Ads for the non-free version maybe? It's usually far simpler for devs to just disable features and levels for demos instead of actually taking out content, so app size isn't necessarily an indication of anything.

--Eric
11-26-2008, 04:28 PM
So in other words, it's not the size of the app that matters, but what you do with it?
11-26-2008, 05:42 PM
It is sooo worth is

The sound is great, the physics is great and the ability to move the buttons to where ever you want is a feature all games should have in the future. Worth a dollor to say the least. The way I think about it --- a full game a month is a pretty normal purchase ---thats $60 ---so I can blow easily $10 a week on games ---- play it ---erase it ---but it is always on the computer if you want to add it to the ipod again. win win