★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Wrensation
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 8.1 MB
  • Version: 1.1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Developed by Caleb Wren and Connor Brewster.

In a world full of blocks and many solutions, your mission is to fill all the empty spaces with copies of yourself. Whether your swiping, teleporting, restarting, or undoing, the clock has started and you now have to race to the finish. With over 120 levels, infinite levels created by others and many more to come, Aplexia will keep you entertained for as many hours as you want!

The game will start out slowly while introducing various blocks and concepts. Just when you think you have something mastered, Aplexia will prove you wrong.

Aplexia features 120 levels and 4 types of blocks to challenge you. The levels span over 4 packs and each pack will incorporate a new block. There is also a level creator so you can create, save, upload for others to download and play. New versions will include new levels, blocks, and online features.

Do you accept the challenge?

Techy's comments:
Hello Touch Arcade!

My company, InGamnia, has just released a brand new game called Aplexia! It is a simple puzzle game but yet very challenging!

Description:
In a world full of blocks and many solutions, your mission is to fill all the empty spaces with copies of yourself. Whether your swiping, teleporting, restarting, or undoing, the clock has started and you now have to race to the finish. With over 90 levels, and many more to come, Aplexia will keep you entertained for many hours.

The game will start out slowly while introducing various blocks and concepts. Just when you think you have something mastered, Aplexia will prove you wrong.

Aplexia 1.0 features 90 levels and 3 types of blocks to challenge you. The levels span over 3 packs and each pack will incorporate a new block. New versions will include new levels, blocks, and online features.

Do you accept the challenge?

Trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

InGamnia Website: http://www.ingamnia.com/
Aplexia Website: http://www.aplexia.com/

Thank You And Enjoy!
InGamnia
09-15-2012, 09:10 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Aplexia is on sale for $0.99 this weekend! Get your copy before the price rises again!

09-15-2012, 10:23 AM
This looks interesting, but I won't pick it up because of the timed element and frankly, the control scheme looks ....well, painful. I would think dragging would be far preferable to the repeated swiping seen in the trailer. My hand hurt just looking at that.
09-15-2012, 10:26 AM
@Misguided Thanks for the feedback! The timer is just for a score, you can't lose if you take too long and you generally have a long time before it gets to 0. It may change in the feature. Also we are working on the control scheme we will add a dragging one as you suggested maybe a d-pad and iCade support.
09-15-2012, 10:52 AM
I'll keep an eye out for updates, Techy, thanks. Be aware that some of us have a bit of an aversion to timers. Even if you can't run out of time, the presence of a timer, just by being there, has a psychological effect on the player, pushing them to be in more of a hurry. You might consider an untimed mode.

Also, an chance of going universal?
09-15-2012, 11:01 AM
@Misguided Thanks for the advice in the timers, I will see if we can come up with another way of getting scores. We do plan to make an ipad version but I do not think it will be universal. We also are making a free version that will come out here soon so you can try it out and see if you like it!
09-15-2012, 11:03 AM
[QUOTE=Techy;2438973We do plan to make an ipad version but I do not think it will be universal. [/QUOTE]

Any particular reason?
09-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Mainly because the size of the application with the retina ipad, but if we decide to use the same graphics and just make a bigger grid, making it universal is a big possibility. But try to keep our application pretty small and its already at 10-11mb.
09-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Some people do prefer a universal app (I don't really care, to be honest). You might consider making the "HD" version universal and keeping the existing app to maintain the smaller size (though 10-11 MB seems very small).
09-15-2012, 11:38 AM
@Misguided yeah I think we can make an Universal version without increasing the size by too much, I will see what my co-worker thinks. I think a universal would be nice, but at the moment if you get it on your ipad we made it so x2 version uses the retina graphics so it still looks super nice(except on the retina ipad).