Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

View Poll Results: Will you be buying the iPhone 5?
Yes - I will be upgrading from my iPhone 4S 5 9.62%
Yes - I will be upgrading from my iPhone 4 16 30.77%
Yes - I will be upgrading from my iPhone 3GS (or older model) 4 7.69%
Yes - I will be upgrading from my current Samsung/Nokia/Blackberry/etc Phone 2 3.85%
No - I will not be buying the iPhone 5; i'm happy with my iPhone 4S 6 11.54%
No - I will not be buying the iPhone 5; i'm happy with my iPhone 4 7 13.46%
No - I will not be buying the iPhone 5; i'm happy with my iPhone 3GS (or older model) 2 3.85%
No - I will not be buying the iPhone 5; i'm happy with my current Samsung/Nokia/Blackberry/etc Phone 10 19.23%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2012, 08:12 AM
iPad mini

Default Will you be buying the iPhone 5?

Will you be buying the iPhone 5?

As an iPhone 4S owner (factory unlocked, 16GB), i'm utterly confused.

I could sell this one and pull together the extra cash for an upgrade. But then, I ask myself if it's really worth it.

I own an iPad 2 as well and overcame the temptation of upgrading to 'The New iPad'... looking back, I don't regret it one bit. This is definitely a tougher decision, though!

Last edited by KiddToKmart; 09-13-2012 at 08:15 AM..
Old 09-13-2012, 08:24 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

None of those answers really fit me. I may get iPhone 5 if I pay some for myself and our family gets extra cash from selling an apartment - if that happens this year or I may get an iPhone 4/4S since they're gonna be cheaper.

Anyway, the iPhone prices are ridiculous here. 600-900 for iPhones as new... 20€ a month+contract just for the iPhone 4S 16GB. Oh and you gotta pay for 24 months
Old 09-13-2012, 08:31 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I have decided I won't get the iPhone 5 and keep my 4S was really disappointed was hoping for something more than this and since the iPhone is really expensive in my country might cost around $800 for the 16gb model, I really wont pay that price for just a bump in the specs not a real upgrade so I might get a new iPad and this iPhone should be called iPhone 4SS
Old 09-13-2012, 08:39 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

I will be upgrading to the 5, but not right away. So I said yes, from a 4, because that's true, but I'd rather have had the choice to yes, but not right away. It's a very nice upgrade from the 4. I just can't afford to upgrade right now.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:58 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Curious what you guys think of this, hopefully a developer or two will chime in.

Going from 960x340 to 1136x340 may be a curse. Think about it. Developers are going to have to rewrite their games completely adding content. Devs cannot stretch their game or crop it, they have to rewrite it completely to fill those spaces.

How will this affect physics puzzles like Angry Birds or Cut the Rope. Suddenly the field has grown. They could actually just add a border on the side. My concern would be with DSS or Shmups. Game that do not comply will have black borders on each side. How will that translate to dual stick shooters that now have the buttons pushed in from the corner. What percent of the older games will take the time to rewrite their games to make them comply? 50% maybe?
Old 09-13-2012, 09:20 AM

I pretty much don`t have a choice because...
  • My current contract run two Weeks ago out and my provider is trying to convince me to extend my contract with an iPhone 5 on Launch Day.
  • Real Racing 3 is a System Seller for me, probably Infinity Blade: Dungeons too.
If it comes to my Friends most told me yesterday that they all will wait and see how the new iDevice will do and what I`ll think about it if it comes to Gaming.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:05 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I'm the last option, pretty happy with my Samsung for now, although I didn't think so beforehand or even yesterday the new Touch may tempt me if Apple haven't skimped on the Ram.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Probably. At least one of the iPhone4's in my home will be upgraded (on my dime).
Old 09-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Señor Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I'm pretty happy with my iPhone 4 for now. It still manages to run most new games at a decent frame rate, and while the graphics may be toned down a bit, there are still games which continue to impress me.

I know everyone has been going on about the apparent lack of changes with the iPhone 5, but it's a much bigger change than the iPhone 4S was. With the iPhone 5 I think the taller (wider in landscape) screen is going to make it more enjoyable to play games on, and obviously the extra power is welcome and will be put to good use.

I am wondering though, what developers think of the change in the aspect ratio. They already have to support a range of different resolutions. But now another resolution and aspect ratio has been added, it's going to get even more complicated and confusing. I'm assuming all current iPhone apps will have black bars top and bottom when running on an iPhone 5, unless the developer has updated the app to support the new aspect ratio.

Last edited by LBG; 09-13-2012 at 01:31 PM..
Old 09-13-2012, 01:27 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Yuppaz, gonna be upgrading. The 5th gen will be my very first iPhone (I've previously only had Touch's and iPads...)

I'm pretty psyched... gonna get it around January (it's when I'll be able to upgrade my phone through Verizon) - WOOT!!! =oD