★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Big bang! Now free!

09-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Big bang! Now free!

A fun minigame app that plays well on any iphone whether young or old. Cool music, and a cool concept worthy of trying. Too bad the hd version of this isn't free, but it is on sale.

Got this app aeons ago, but it still brings back memories of my old neglected iphone.

09-13-2012, 04:10 PM
TESLA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

03-17-2013, 10:59 PM
Free again
03-18-2013, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
I swear, people with an obssession with Tesla meed to bury the 100 year grudge against Edison. He did invent the record player for god sake.
03-18-2013, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
I swear, people with an obssession with Tesla meed to bury the 100 year grudge against Edison. He did invent the record player for god sake.
tesla ac vs edison dc current? ac won..though tesla got railroaded in the end.
03-18-2013, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbiggles View Post
tesla ac vs edison dc current? ac won..though tesla got railroaded in the end.
To be fair, DC is used, or so my car believes. Tesla got railroaded partly due to his own over-confidence, giving Westinghouse full, royalty-free ownership of his patent. And yes, Edison was a douche. But so many TeslaHeads ignore everything else Edison was responsible for (at least partly), like the lightbulb, phonograph, movies, etc.

Also...would there have been such a demand for AC OR DC if it wasn't for the lightbulb?

...but it's just fun tweaking Tesla-worshippers. Because they DO exist. I agree he was incredibly important, I just find it funny how there is a considerable (in nerd-rage terms) Tesla Defense Squad.

...but now, back to your regular scheduled programming.
03-18-2013, 02:36 PM
Quote:
To be fair, DC is used, or so my car believes. Tesla got railroaded partly due to his own over-confidence, giving Westinghouse full, royalty-free ownership of his patent. And yes, Edison was a douche. But so many TeslaHeads ignore everything else Edison was responsible for (at least partly), like the lightbulb, phonograph, movies, etc.

Also...would there have been such a demand for AC OR DC if it wasn't for the lightbulb?

...but it's just fun tweaking Tesla-worshippers. Because they DO exist. I agree he was incredibly important, I just find it funny how there is a considerable (in nerd-rage terms) Tesla Defense Squad.

Edison was a douche?
03-18-2013, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Edison was a douche?
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla

Game Center ID: TRBIV
Tiny Tower Vegas v1.0: 10TZM
03-18-2013, 05:13 PM
offtopic

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Edison was a douche?

yeah i dont care or worship any. just thought Tesla got screwed over by edison + (edison/GE partnership). seemed like edison under minded the young Tesla and that his creation. it was more powerful, safe and better system to power the world.

edison did not invent the first electric light bulb, but instead invented the first commercially practical incandescent light. http://www.enchantedlearning.com/inv...ightbulb.shtml
first light bulb created by Humphry Davy, an English scientist. He experimented with electricity and invented an electric battery.

edison made him a bet/offer to make a better system and Tesla did (ac). then edison said he was just joking on that bet ($50k?) and just offered him a few dollar raise. later Tesla (westinghouse) won the bid to show his ac work to power the world fair and won bid to power Niagara falls, the first AC hydro power plant.

edison did more amazing things over his lifetime though.

Last edited by mrbiggles; 03-18-2013 at 05:19 PM.
03-18-2013, 10:33 PM
Anyone who publicly kills another creature for any reason is a disgusting excuse for a human. But to do it in an attempt to crap on your competitor, in such a spectacularly terrible way, is absolutely insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbiggles View Post
edison did more amazing things over his lifetime though.
Because his actions ruined Tesla and his career, pushing him into relative obscurity. While there is no proof, I have little doubt that Edison used Tesla being an immigrant against him. It was not uncommon in those days and with how far Edison went (poor Topsy), there's no telling what else he did to Tesla that we just don't know about.

Last edited by andsoitgoes; 03-18-2013 at 10:39 PM.