Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-13-2012, 08:28 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Dear God, I seriously hope my wife doesn't look to closely at my credit card bill this month....all those lines of iTunes purchases...

Sounds like another one I won't be able to resist.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:30 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

The Game is Awesome with amazing gameplay great sound FX and astanding Weaponry!

This is a must have for every one!!!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:33 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
Gonna have to go with ironsam on this one.
Went from the sissy difficulty and it really changed it up a gear.
Had a look at the iap's as well. Totally unnecessary. You will not hit a pay wall of any kind.
And yeah, it is very addictive. I have to go to a work meeting in five hours and I haven't gone to bed yet.
Hehe.. Exactly my situation... Tomorrow even Friday i have two tough meetings and i cannot put it down this one.. I have to go with sunglasses lol
Old 09-13-2012, 08:42 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I'll start with these two words...

BUY IT.

Rip73 above has covered most of the good stuff. Graphics is really sharp on both the 4s and the iPad3. Enemy's are varied, bright and well detailed, just as your character is. For a game like this, expect lots of same looking enemies, but that is how it is one this type of game. There is still a good variety of enemies later on as you progress. Actions, interactions, reactions, all have proper sound effects. Even the menus, mission select, shop and other UIs are well-designed. Not unique, but pretty good.

Controls are very responsive. Even if you slide from the L to the R button all over to the middle of the screen, it still registers as moving to the right which is an awesome touch.Tapping on each of the action buttons does just that, and all the movement respond very fluidly to the controls.

The Knife attacks are done by swiping left or right, in which you swing your knife into that direction. This takes some getting used to, but im sure anyone who picks this up will learn it in no time.

In shops you can buy and upgrade your weapons. This is where you also need to buy the ammo, and the grenades. There's also the IAP shop there.

The IAP seems to be for the impatient only. 2 levels in on the Easiest difficulty level and I can already buy the Shotgun, although we'll see how much grinding is needed to upgrade them.

Sounds perfect? Almost. Well, there's one thing I wish i could do... I wish i could move buttons around so that the jump button will feel a lot more natural to me. Right now, it's on top of the shoot button, which is the large button on the lower right corner. It's fine where it is, but i can definitely see how it would improve my enjoyment if i were able to move the buttons around. But the game already feels great without it.

I just played 4 levels in the easy difficulty, and i have been hit a few times, so im sure the 2 other difficulty levels will be a good challenge later on.

If you love Metal Slug, you will love this.
If you dont, you will still love this.

Overall it controls great, looks and sounds great, and is definitely something i'd strongly recommend. The only serious downside is the file size at 446mb installed, which is a little bit too much for a sidescrolling action-shooter, but im sure it is easily forgiven due to the design, style, and quality of this game.

As I said, i havent scratched the surface yet, and im looking forward to any bosses and how theyd look like.

IM SURE I'VE FOUND MY GAME OF THE WEEK.

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 09-13-2012 at 08:45 PM..
Old 09-13-2012, 08:43 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Dear God, I seriously hope my wife doesn't look to closely at my credit card bill this month....all those lines of iTunes purchases...

Sounds like another one I won't be able to resist.
If she complains, let her play this. It's that good. Oh... and dont forget that running game where you carry the chick with the machine gun.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
If she complains, let her play this. It's that good. Oh... and dont forget that running game where you carry the chick with the machine gun.
Unfortunately, she's far from a gamer. But maybe she'd like the wet bare back of the dude in that runner game.

Now, the only question is whether to pass on playing through the hard mode of Wild Blood for this. Wish WB had iCloud saves.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:12 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
If she complains, let her play this.
Did anyone else instantaneously think "if it bleeds, we can kill it"? >_>
Old 09-13-2012, 10:48 PM

Are there achievements via GC or just leaderboards?
Old 09-13-2012, 10:56 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Finally downloaded it! Played some and it seems pretty damned awesome
Old 09-13-2012, 11:07 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:

IM SURE I'VE FOUND MY GAME OF THE WEEK.
Yeah, definitely the game of the week.
Spot on review as well. Nice one.

Time for quick sleep now. Didn't realise it was so bloody late.

Last edited by Rip73; 09-13-2012 at 11:11 PM..