★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Introducing - Wall Street to GITMO 1.0

06-10-2009, 01:38 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Introducing - Wall Street to GITMO 1.0

Hi Guys,
Just wanted to give a shout-out on a new game that we have just submitted to the app store. This is our first game at Retarded Arts! You can get a free promo code at: Free Promo Codes! (100 codes waiting to be grabbed!)
Check out the Game Screen Shots!

So, the World Economy is in trouble. We are in a Recession. Reason: The Evil Bankers screwed us over! To make light of this terrible situation, we, at Retarded Arts, have created - Wall Street To GITMO.
The Evil Bankers have gotten rich while destroying the World Economy. To control this problem the government has decided to put all the Evil Bankers in a jail. Its hard to contain this type of species into any normal jail. So, the government re-opens GITMO… this time for those Evil Bankers. But guess what, even GITMO is not strong enough to contain these cunning group of professionals! They conspire in GITMO and kill all the officers but ONE. You are that remaining officer! Its now your duty to prevent the Evil Bankers from escaping GITMO! Are you up for the challenge?
This is a fast paced game where you have to prevent the Evil Bankers from escaping the jail (GITMO). Bomb them or shoot them with a bow or a gun!

Features:
  • The game never ends, it has got Unlimited Rounds!
  • Save game after each round.
  • Three different difficulty levels: Easy, Medium, Crazy.
  • Online high scores.
  • Awesome controls of Bow, Gun and Hand grenade!
More cool features coming soon! Please let us know how you feel about this version. And yeah, don’t forget to tell us what you would like see in the future versions!

The only thing we are afraid of is if the app store would approve this application or not... The App is kinda dissing the bankers. So, do you think Apple would find it offensive? The reason I am asking this is because I did some googeling and found out that a lot of apps get rejected by apple because of weird reasons. What do you guys think?

Last edited by cando; 06-10-2009 at 01:54 AM.
06-10-2009, 07:18 AM
Too much blood maybe.
I guess they won't like it at Apple...

Let's see.

06-10-2009, 07:25 AM
Send a message via MSN to K7A7O7S Send a message via Yahoo to K7A7O7S
HAHA, I am buying this for sure! Finally, I get to fight back against the true terrorists! The evil central banking cartell!!!
06-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotlight View Post
Too much blood maybe.
I guess they won't like it at Apple...

Let's see.
The blood can be switched off!
06-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cando View Post
The blood can be switched off!
So Apple will smile for this feature.
APPROVED!
06-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotlight View Post
So Apple will smile for this feature.
APPROVED!
Thanks for the hope! (XXX fingers crossed XXX)
06-10-2009, 11:38 AM
LOL

I have to say those pictures are absolutely hilarious.

Games, games, games..
GameCenter ID: GkCHN
Add me! :]
06-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Apparently they're really sensitive about political commentary, so you might get dinged for the general subject matter, but I kinda doubt it. This is definitely safer territory than, say, defaming a specific public figure.

Honestly the only thing I think you might get some flack for is your company name. Casual use of the word "retarded" is frowned upon by many people.
06-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
I really wonder about this. I work in banking, not the kind of banker featured in this game but still banking none the less. If the developer released a game with black people crawling out of jail and you shooting them, I don't think it would get approved, how is this any different?

Artist | Designer
@PixelDogmeat
06-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMobile View Post
Apparently they're really sensitive about political commentary, so you might get dinged for the general subject matter, but I kinda doubt it. This is definitely safer territory than, say, defaming a specific public figure.

Honestly the only thing I think you might get some flack for is your company name. Casual use of the word "retarded" is frowned upon by many people.
Now thats something new ... I think you might be right... lets see how is goes. I will surely update you guys.