★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: $2.99 -> FREE!! for a while!

---------------------

"Where is my friend?"

Hello! We are maxmobile!

We updated Pygmies-Hoglet to thank you for enjoying the first series of the Pygmies. Pygmies-Hoglet Ex is expansion version of pygmies-Hoglet.

We have added various ITEMs and NPC and BOSS to the game according to your recommends.
NPC DuckShop is added and enemy character is also added.

Especially, Mimic, a new event, and stronger enemies come up after an all clear.
Mimic is a very strong pygmy! If you win Mimic, you will get ITEMs from 1 star to 3 stars and high experience. Challenge it!

It is not famous yet. You can meet the game in network version if more people download the game and leaves reviews.

Please introduce the game to your close friends for the game to get more reviews, then you will meet the game in network version in a near future.

If the downloaders reaches at 200,000, we will launch the next game for free.

Your support will be appreciated.
Thank you.

http://www.facebook.com/pygmies
09-13-2012, 10:51 PM
Heck yeah! This gem seems to have slipped under the radar. An updated color (!) version of the original "so bad that it's good" Pygmies Hoglet.
09-14-2012, 12:02 AM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by retr0spective View Post
Heck yeah! This gem seems to have slipped under the radar. An updated color (!) version of the original "so bad that it's good" Pygmies Hoglet.
I don't think this game or the original is bad. It's just different. I do have some issues with the pacing (even when you hold the movement button to go faster), but otherwise it's a solid JRPG type game with beautifully designed graphics, a distinct mood/tone that is memorable, and at least enough gameplay to fill $1-3.

i could be an exception but this game is definitely a gem, and not in the sense of it being so bad that it's good. it's just plain good. the story is simple but it has something that sticks with you. the music, too.

(note that there is really no difference between this and the original except very vibrant, detailed color versus monochrome. so if you own the original already and aren't a big fan it might not be worth the price. if you don't have the original, however, this is worth a look.)

i'm a pretty kitty cat
09-14-2012, 12:08 AM
Happy to see a new edition; many were promised, and this is a good sign.
09-14-2012, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
I don't think this game or the original is bad. It's just different ... i could be an exception but this game is definitely a gem, and not in the sense of it being so bad that it's good. it's just plain good.
I don't think that it is just you, in fact we are in complete agreement. I mostly had in mind Sean Carey's tongue-in-cheek remarks from the TA review of the original, "Ever have one of those games that you desperately want to hate but cant?"

I would definitely recommend anyone who is interested to take a look at at this review as everything is still applicable to the updated version, but now in glorious color!

Pygmies-Hoglet Review

But most importantly buy this App to support the developer's ongoing efforts on our behalf.
09-14-2012, 06:28 PM
I have been spending an absurd amount of time with this updated version of Pygmies-Hoglet. It is remarkable how much the new color aesthetics add to the experience of the game. I highly recommend checking it out if you were/are a fan of Tower of Fortune. Although it does not employ the slot machine mechanics as the former, the light RPG elements and art style possess the same type of appeal.