★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Anouncement: TAXI DRIVE New York (new iPhone Game by syncRage)

06-10-2009, 04:41 AM
Anouncement: TAXI DRIVE New York (new iPhone Game by syncRage)

Hi there;-)

BECOME ONE WITH THE RUSH HOUR!

we would like to ask you, if you like our game, if you think "we need more of that stuff" (i.e. endless game principals). As many iPhone developers, we want to know what the market (you) really likes to play.

So, do you think this - our first iPhone game - is a good basis to go on with a series? We're just working on, but as I said, we're not sure.

Cheers!
Steffen

- iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=317221520&mt=8
- Taxidrive-Blog (syncRage): http://taxidrive.syncrageblog.com/?p=5
- syncRage-Blog (syncRage): http://www.syncrageblog.com
- Youtube-Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWoUOEjKZSc

TAXI DRIVE New York requires quick reactions. Pick up passengers and bring them to their destinations as the traffic gets thicker. If you know your patch of the city well, and can get your job done without accident, you will be provided with new vehicles...and these you will need, as sooner or later you are bound to have your first crash.

FEATURES
- very intuitive game play with touch screen controls
- extremely addictive play requires fast reactions that keep you coming back for more
- three unlockable maps with variedly demanding challenges
- earn more taxis to extend game time (lives)
- dynamic level of difficulty for each map
- highscore list
- tutorial

p.s. ...you can read all that promotional descriptions in the app store!!!

Last but not least: if you think "Hey, this looks like a flight control clone...", you are somehow right... it makes fun;-)
06-10-2009, 04:48 AM
Ooo I just posted a comment on this game on another site that gives out promos

At first I was detracted by how similar the art was to Flight Control. I checked out the video and saw that the game was completely different and rather unique. That made me like the art more because I realized it wasn't a rip off, it is a different game that uses a similar art style as an homage

hopefully I get to try it out soon

Cheers!

06-10-2009, 05:10 AM
Wow... interesting gameplay. Its like a taxi-themed Pacman game.

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
06-10-2009, 06:23 AM
Welcome to TA! Glad to have developers on the forum!

iPod Touch 2G and NOW iPad!! =)
Now Playing: Let's Create! Pottery HD & The Treasures of Montezuma HD =)
$400 worth of iTunes GCs, in honor of Com2us' Slice It!
06-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post
Ooo I just posted a comment on this game on another site that gives out promos

At first I was detracted by how similar the art was to Flight Control. I checked out the video and saw that the game was completely different and rather unique. That made me like the art more because I realized it wasn't a rip off, it is a different game that uses a similar art style as an homage

hopefully I get to try it out soon

Cheers!
Yeah, as I stated in the other thread, I'm not sure if that is good or tacky...it really does look and feel as if actually made by the same developers.

I like how, unlike Flight Control where you control all of the incoming planes, here you are ONLY controlling your one taxi and have no influence on the rest of the traffic. I also like the fare vary, a trip across town is worth more than taking a person down the street.

Quick question to the developers, does taking a fare to their destination in a very quick and efficient manner net you a bonus? I'm ASSUMING taking your time with them and giving them a free "tour of the city" doesn't get you more (it may work in the real world but would be pretty cheesy if rewarded in the game).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-11-2009, 09:04 AM
the fare depends on the distance between the pick-up point and drop-off point - as the crow flies! Nothing else is important for your money... the passenger gets a fair deal;-)
06-11-2009, 09:08 AM
Great game, and while the artstyle is inspired by Flight Control the pathfinding gameplay is more reminiscent of Toki Tori.
06-11-2009, 10:55 AM
@snoderlye: Thanks for welcoming us. TA forum seems to be a good place;-)
@ all of you: We're actually working on the Free Version!

...more details will be published soon and first at http://taxidrive.syncrageblog.com/?p=5

cheerio
Steffen

Last edited by syncRage; 06-11-2009 at 11:11 AM.
06-29-2009, 10:48 AM
it's like flight control mixed with pacman

One Bag Travel - For the smart and frugal traveler.