★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Babel Rising 3D --> FREE

09-14-2012, 12:25 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Babel Rising 3D --> FREE

09-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Nice way to start my weekend.

Final Fantasy Tactics -- all day, every day.

09-14-2012, 03:21 PM
To be honest, i like the simplicity of the original better. It's the simplicity that made it a blast to play.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-15-2012, 02:39 AM
Hmm how many babel rising games are there?

I just got one from bulkypix the other day (it's free now) and it wasn't very good.
09-15-2012, 06:29 AM
There's two versions of Babel Rising 3D on Google Play, one is ad supported and has. "!" after it's name, the other is x5 the price of the iOS version and it still sounds like you have to pay to progress through the game.

The whole daily goal rewards, watching adverts for coins reminds me of when I bought Dead Trigger and felt duped. I nearly bought this after playing the PS3 demo, so glad I didn't now. This sort of model needs to die, either it's freemium or it's a paid app, I have no respect for companies that try to sell you a freemium game no matter how little the asking price.

Still, it's free at the moment so rant aside it is worth at least checking out.
09-15-2012, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by september View Post
There's two versions of Babel Rising 3D on Google Play, one is ad supported and has. "!" after it's name, the other is x5 the price of the iOS version and it still sounds like you have to pay to progress through the game.

The whole daily goal rewards, watching adverts for coins reminds me of when I bought Dead Trigger and felt duped. I nearly bought this after playing the PS3 demo, so glad I didn't now. This sort of model needs to die, either it's freemium or it's a paid app, I have no respect for companies that try to sell you a freemium game no matter how little the asking price.

Still, it's free at the moment so rant aside it is worth at least checking out.
Without delving too far off topic, yeah, it definitely seems to be a model born out of desperation, but I don't think it's one with a long life expectancy. As iOS gamers, we're quick to learn that these types of games will be free soon enough, and so many of us don't bother paying for them when they first release. That's further exacerbated by the fact that we know that a lot of these games we would pay for will later be changed into something else that will make the game less enjoyable for us. It's a shortsighted approach by publishers who are focused on making money, rather than good games. Sure, we all gotta eat, but if you're a game maker, you should be focused on making a great product.

Final Fantasy Tactics -- all day, every day.
09-18-2012, 02:51 AM
This game has some really fun gameplay, but the IAP is so baked into it it's hard to believe they ever expected $3 for it. You've got a game that makes leveling and unlocking new chapters tedious and slow just to encourage you to reach for that IAP button, and that's annoying.
09-18-2012, 03:53 AM
Suweet! Always wanted to try this one out. Gameplay seems to be fun but the IAP is quite horrible.
10-26-2012, 06:22 AM
free

free again, never played... still iap make it unplayable bad?
10-26-2012, 06:30 AM
Yeah the IAP push annoyed the hell out of me. Seems like all the fun stuff is a major grind away and upgrades take forever