★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: The Wars (Age of War Clone) - $0.99

06-10-2009, 07:43 AM
The Wars (Age of War Clone) - $0.99

EDIT: It's only a dollar now! Get it while you can!

I think I might just have to TOFTT, since I absolutely love Age of War flash game. For those not familiar with the game you start in the stoneage and must built units to attack the enemy and turrets to defend your base. As you gain experience you can level up into the next era (stoneage>medieval>colonial>modern>space). If you've almost out of money to make new troops there is always a new special attack for each level. (fire showers, dropping bombs, etc)

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=319044149&mt=8

-----Progress through the ages of time, beginning from the stone age all the way to the nuclear age in “The War”. The idea of the game is simple - destroy your enemy base. Think strategically and tactically decide the balance between both attack and defense to succeed. Remember that you cannot repair your base during battle.

As you progress and kill all the enemies you will collect experience points, spend these to move onto the next of 5 available ages. Each age has its own unique units, defense levels and special weapons for when it gets heated!

Try the medium and hard levels for more of a challenge to become a War master!

The War is developed by Deluxeware
-----

Last edited by Seishu; 06-12-2009 at 06:09 PM.
06-10-2009, 07:53 AM
waiting for someone to toftt

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"

06-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soup View Post
waiting for someone to toftt
That would be me

Impressions soon.

06-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Wow, you can't get a more exact clone. I feel like I'm staring at a poor imitation of Age of War. Everyhing looks the same minus the graphics which are quite poor.

For anyone who's toftt, how's the music? I'd laugh if it was Glorious Morning.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
06-10-2009, 08:00 AM
this looks just like castle conflict... am i right?
06-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
Wow, you can't get a more exact clone. I feel like I'm staring at a poor imitation of Age of War. Everyhing looks the same minus the graphics which are quite poor.

For anyone who's toftt, how's the music? I'd laugh if it was Glorious Morning.
Actually it's more of a fast paced tune, kind of upbeat. Sound effects aren't that bad either. I've been looking for a port of Age of War the entire time I've had my iDevice. This one is the best by far.

@dashzed
Castle Conflict is a different game with resources you have to gather to make units.

06-10-2009, 08:08 AM
That's near. I would buying it, but now's not a good time with all the other games out this week. Thanks Seishu.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
06-10-2009, 08:27 AM
Wow is all I can say with this awesome game. For fans of Age of War or strategy alike this game is perfect. The AI is just right too, with the easy setting providing more of a challenge than the easy mode in AoW. The game brings almost every aspect of AoW to your iDevice which is perfect when you want to sit down and play on the bus or away from home. There are 5 eras you fight in (stone age, medieval, colonial, modern, space) each with it's own units and turrets. The GUI is very intuitive along with all the rest of the controls. To build a unit just tap it from the menu and if you have enough gold it will start building. If you ever run out of gold to build new units there is always your secret weapon. You may use it as many times as you want but it has a long timer set after you use it. Each era has 3 units (except space) being a melee, range, or trump (for the stone age you have a clubber, rock thrower, and mounted unit). The goal of the game is to kill your opponent by knocking his base HP down to zero. While you try to be offensive they can build a turret or two to slow you down. When they start sending in more firepower you can then build some turrets. There are 3 turrets each level each varying in firepower and speed. You start with one turret spot but as you gain more wealth you can buy up to three more for a total of 4.
As you kill your opponents troops you will gain experience. As you gain enough a little '!' will appear by your experience counter. Tap it and you will level up into the next age.
Another addition to make it just a little bit harder is the range and power of turrets. I remember in the orginal AoW just sitting back with 4 of the best turrets as I killed all who came to close and eventually winning.

If you like strategy games or you're an Age of War fan then this is perfect for you.

06-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Game looks good, but the app icon cracks me up. It looks like a caveman posing for a studio portrait

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn
06-10-2009, 09:53 AM
For people to whom this is important:

The game allows you to play your own music, and it also saves its state.