★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Auto Contra Sense

08-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Auto Contra Sense

Just came out and looks like something I might like.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=288034507&mt=8

it's like papijump but the goal is to avoid oncoming cars

here's a little video I found on it

http://www.revver.com/video/716178/c...r-racing-game/

if someone gets it let me know how if it's any good
08-18-2008, 11:16 PM
I had this game on my jailbroken phone, it was good, but unless they added a lot of features, I don't think it's worth $1.99

08-19-2008, 12:28 AM
looks pretty crappy to me

looks like the car slides around really slow and it's hard to control, prolly really frustrating
08-19-2008, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJonez View Post
looks pretty crappy to me

looks like the car slides around really slow and it's hard to control, prolly really frustrating
the video is from the old jailbroken version of the game, also tilting forward accelerates and pulling back brakes. I'm sure trying to keep the screen upright and visable to the camera would effect gameplay. it's just the only video I could find of it.

I know the pop up windows are gone to give it a more polished look so there must be some other changes as well to make it worth something
08-19-2008, 01:00 AM
I got it. and played it briefly. It's not particularly exciting. It's no papijump.

It pretty much is what you would think. The controls/animation are a bit jerky. PapiJump and labryinth are much smoother for some reason.

The gameplay is as described. You pick up coins, dodge cars.

Even at $1.99, it's not really one I think you should get.

arn
08-19-2008, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
I got it. and played it briefly. It's not particularly exciting. It's no papijump.

It pretty much is what you would think. The controls/animation are a bit jerky. PapiJump and labryinth are much smoother for some reason.

The gameplay is as described. You pick up coins, dodge cars.

Even at $1.99, it's not really one I think you should get.

arn
Thanks arn!

once again a free app trumps a paid app.

I'm really enjoying all the simple apps that have come out (cube runner, papijump, labyrinth). They may not have jaw dropping graphics but they don't need them. The controls are so well done that they become a joy to play
08-19-2008, 08:25 AM
If they added the ability to shoot (touching the screen?), then they'd be on their way to creating a version of Spy Hunter!