★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Age of empires

06-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Age of empires

Are there any age of empires or civilization type apps?
06-10-2009, 10:00 AM
not really...

There's Rise of Lost Empires and Ancient Tribe whch are the most similar to what you are looking for, but those really aren't the same.

I would love nothing more than to see an AOE port for the iPhone

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn

06-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecebn View Post
not really...

There's Rise of Lost Empires and Ancient Tribe whch are the most similar to what you are looking for, but those really aren't the same.

I would love nothing more than to see an AOE port for the iPhone
yeah that would be really cool...
06-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Glu mobile (which has released a number of iPhone titles) recently released age of empires 3 for N-Gage and after playing it for many days I can safely say it is the best game till date on the Nokia platform. I sent an email to the requesting a port for the iPhone unfortunately no reply as of now. But i am sure if they can port a game of this magnitude to a moderately successful platform then they can't overlook iPhone/iTouch.

Currently Playing: N.O.V.A, Skater Nation, 33rd Division, 7 Cities, Karnival.
Looking Forward to: GTA: Chinatown Wars, Ravensword (update), 1112 ep 02 and yeah the hangover on 1st
06-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer_megadeth View Post
Glu mobile (which has released a number of iPhone titles) recently released age of empires 3 for N-Gage and after playing it for many days I can safely say it is the best game till date on the Nokia platform. I sent an email to the requesting a port for the iPhone unfortunately no reply as of now. But i am sure if they can port a game of this magnitude to a moderately successful platform then they can't overlook iPhone/iTouch.
Awesome - let us know what they say back

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn
06-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer_megadeth View Post
Any news gotten back to you yet on AOE?
06-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Will they ever release an age of empires port?