★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Khalid Shaikh, the App Spammer, is back!

06-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Khalid Shaikh, the App Spammer, is back!

Hey TAers,

I know this twit has been the subject of many earlier discussions with his mass produced crap that either is named to confuse folk with a real app or will use clearly illegally copied art from other developers/companies.

What does it take to get your "Dev License" pulled? It makes me sick when LEGITIMATE applications are being held up but this guy's crap still keeps pouring out. As others have even previously pointed out, even on a good day his apps have never gotten more than a 3 star rating and MOST get no posted ratings at all.

I'd love to register a complaint if somebody could point me to where I need to do this.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Hey TAers,

I know this twit has been the subject of many earlier discussions with his mass produced crap that either is named to confuse folk with a real app or will use clearly illegally copied art from other developers/companies.

What does it take to get your "Dev License" pulled? It makes me sick when LEGITIMATE applications are being held up but this guy's crap still keeps pouring out. As others have even previously pointed out, even on a good day his apps have never gotten more than a 3 star rating and MOST get no posted ratings at all.

I'd love to register a complaint if somebody could point me to where I need to do this.
Hi man,
I've just created a similar thread.

I understand your point and I'm according to you.
I just think this guy is not fair at all and he's abusing of the App Store.
800 apps??? Come on!

When Apple declare their numbers and say 50.000 they should say "800 of them are Khalid Shakir's".

I can't accept the fact he's actually making money with that crap.

06-10-2009, 11:10 AM
And all the support links for his apps go to a lame site : http://www.perfectacumen.com/
06-10-2009, 11:11 AM
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
you have to admit, the guy is smart as hell and knows exactly what he's doing. I bet he makes a ton of money off your "standard" customer.

Artist | Designer
@PixelDogmeat
06-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitjokey View Post
And all the support links for his apps go to a lame site : http://www.perfectacumen.com/
Which is proof positive he does not want to hear any of his customers whining about being sold a false bill of goods.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmeat View Post
you have to admit, the guy is smart as hell and knows exactly what he's doing. I bet he makes a ton of money off your "standard" customer.
If by smart you mean underhanded and exploitive then yes. What he's doing is nothing more than an attempt to cash out on a 'business' based on pumping out huge quantities of (worthless) product, all the while promoting himself as an 'app factory' like that's going to attract buyers.
06-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmeat View Post
Wait, you got the point: the guy is smart and he's making a lot of money, but Apple is supporting him and in the meanwhile rejects an application because the dev wrote on its description that "now it costs 0.99$ and the price will raise to 990.000$ soon".

Plus, is Shakid Thalid (I dont remember his name now) doing something legal or not?

Let me understand, is he using material under copyright or something he's not allowed to use?

In that case the guy is SMART, but also UNFAIR and has to pay for this.
06-10-2009, 11:35 AM
I think Apple is going to have to do more checks on the validity of devs after this case...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/06...ne_fraudsters/

Seems a gang of fraudsters managed to plant their album on iTunes and Amazon and then buy multiple copies with stolen credit cards. Effectively using the stores to launder the money.

Doing the same trick by planting hundreds of sub $10 apps on the app store would seem to be a logical next step for them.
06-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotlight View Post
Wait, you got the point: the guy is smart and he's making a lot of money, but Apple is supporting him and in the meanwhile rejects an application because the dev wrote on its description that "now it costs 0.99$ and the price will raise to 990.000$ soon".

Plus, is Shakid Thalid (I dont remember his name now) doing something legal or not?

Let me understand, is he using material under copyright or something he's not allowed to use?

In that case the guy is SMART, but also UNFAIR and has to pay for this.
You're right, he is doing something illegal.

The fact is, the guy is playing the "game" and he's exploiting whatever he can to get the hi-score.

It would be nice if he was sued, but since that seems like the most logical thing to do, it won't happen.

Artist | Designer
@PixelDogmeat
06-10-2009, 01:03 PM
He's still trying to flog his "business" by the looks of it....
Link 1 / Link 2